Whats the future going to be like?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

Q:

Its no secret that the dev team here is amazing and have some of the best funding, but what about actual expansions? things like classes and races? As much fun as we have taking full advantage of your practically daily events can we get a more permanent addition to the game? The community here is ripe and the game is in full adulthood. I think its time to consider moving forward with the games development even if we have to put a pause on our events.

Posted by: wmtyrance.3571

wmtyrance.3571

The map has alot of empty space on it. I would like to see new zones for everyone not just max lvl players.

Posted by: Ezekiel.1985

Ezekiel.1985

Your mileage may vary.

Posted by: Senticon.3452

Senticon.3452

I honestly don’t understand why devs don’t launch real expansions for so long with new classes/territories instead of making those free meta-events? It’s wasting time IMO and free content never can compete with high quality product + it will create some hype and draw in some new and old players who got bored and stopped playing.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

They’re not working on an expansion because it doesn’t pay to do so before they launch in China. I surmise that’s always been their plan.

Expect a real expansion in 2015, when all the people playing the game can enjoy it, instead of setting a huge part of the game’s population back further than they need to.,

We’ll probably have living story season 2 to fill in the gap.

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Don’t worry If you like PvE I’m sure they will start pumping out living story content every 2 weeks. Grindy events that require people to spend hours farming the same mobs over and over for some kind of currency for something.

If you enjoy WvW or sPvP….. just hold in there until some PvP focused games get released in the future.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Take another look at the map of Tyria, be hyped for a new zone, don’t think about an expansion.
Why do you even want an expansion, what do you expect in it?

Posted by: Senticon.3452

Senticon.3452

CLASSES! No one got tired by playing same old characters over and over again? I have tried almost all possible combinations and it gets boring for real now… I mostly play 2 favorite classes but some extension of it would be really nice. You hit lvl 80 like in 2 weeks (very relaxed and slow way of playing) and then there’s really nothing else to level, you stuck with same skills forever… And what’s so important about China? Why EU/US players cannot enjoy new content and then release complete edition in Asia, I don’t get what’s wrong with it?
If this will go on like that till 2015 I’m not sure I’ll be around for SO LONG…

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Guild Wars 2 is starting to head in the right direction and Anet promised other feature patches to be coming alongside LS2. If Anet do those two projects correctly, they will have enough time to announce and release a possible expansion.

At the end of the day, wether it is an expansion or not, it was confirmed that a huge portion of Anet’s 350-man team is working on 2 massive projects behind the scenes. If anything, we could see one of these or possibly both getting released in the near future.

Posted by: Paragon.6158

Paragon.6158

Guild Wars 2 is starting to head in the right direction and Anet promised other feature patches to be coming alongside LS2. If Anet do those two projects correctly, they will have enough time to announce and release a possible expansion.

At the end of the day, wether it is an expansion or not, it was confirmed that a huge portion of Anet’s 350-man team is working on 2 massive projects behind the scenes. If anything, we could see one of these or possibly both getting released in the near future.

I would love to see a source on the large portion of A.Net team working on something.

The developers have repeatedly stated that they never want to create an expansion and that if they can get the bi-weekly release schedule down then all the content coming down the pipe both big and small are going to be released in such a way.

So far I think A.Net is really coming along nicely with how they are updating the game and the direction they are taking it in. They don’t quite have their formula down for how they want to do things. But I think it’s clear that they have a clear goal and are making great progress towards it.

Fortune favors the bold.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

I would love to see a source on the large portion of A.Net team working on something.

The developers have repeatedly stated that they never want to create an expansion and that if they can get the bi-weekly release schedule down then all the content coming down the pipe both big and small are going to be released in such a way.

So far I think A.Net is really coming along nicely with how they are updating the game and the direction they are taking it in. They don’t quite have their formula down for how they want to do things. But I think it’s clear that they have a clear goal and are making great progress towards it.

Check EuroGamer and IGN interviews with Colin. I will link it if I find the articles :/
Also, the ‘’we don’t want expansions’’ is an old statement, Colin explained newly [ interviews from 2014 ] that just because LS is up doesn’t mean the team isn’t working on something else and therefore he states that they are already working on huge projects behind the scenes that will have traditional expansion content like new zoens, races, classes etc.

He explains that they are working on projects aside from LS and have been for a while however how they will release this content is yet un-known.

(edited by nGumball.1283)

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Take another look at the map of Tyria, be hyped for a new zone, don’t think about an expansion.

New Race or New Profession
Level up to 90
New 80-90 zones
New crafting material and Craft to 600
New features

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

expansion =/= quality. Good things can be released with the living story. I’d rather them iron out the kinks with the LS system before they release anything big anyway.

Posted by: sonic.7592

sonic.7592

Check EuroGamer and IGN interviews with Colin. I will link it if I find the articles :/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-14-you-thought-that-was-it-for-guild-wars-2

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

New Race or New Profession
Level up to 90
New 80-90 zones
New crafting material and Craft to 600
New features

Increased level cap? This game may not be for you.
Zones, crafting, and features can all be introduced without an “expansion”, it has already been done. Zones are, realistically, what we should be asking for, but I believe they’re not so hasty to introduce them as recycled maps.
For a new race or profession, I don’t believe you’d want them to just shove one in and expect you to believe they’d just always been there, like no big deal. They’d have to have their own Personal Story: Zhaitan is long dead and it’s clear the Risen threat was no significant factor to whatever race/profession is just now joining the cause. This requires a lot more thought and preparation than what seems to be the norm on this forum.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Some new announcement of something “big” coming after the feature patch:
http://twitter.com/mmorpgcom/status/454629286360911872

Most likely living story season 2, based upon what we know.

The game doesn’t need new classes (except for a third heavy class for synergy), but it could use some new weapons for existing classes.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

With the overhaul to the trait system, new characters having to earn traits by seeking them out in the world, and new grandmaster traits being handed out in the new patch, I think it could herald the beginning of more traits to come. New ways to create builds, rethink what each profession can be about, and more cool stuff to do in order to hunt down new traits.

I took a break from the game for a while, and — am I crazy, or did they give us some new healing skills? That’s awesome, hopefully new kinds of skills for each profession are in the pipeline.

Season 2 of the Living Story is coming, likely centered on that recently-awakened Elder Dragon. So, hopefully instead of side tangent stuff, future updates will focus more on the “main” storyline of fighting the dragons and feel more like an evolution of the “Personal Story” plot. I have a feeling this will lead into new maps and other “expansiony” material as well, though maybe not a traditional boxed expansion.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

The future’s bright.
The future’s Orange.

I’d have to agree with Fyrebrand.

I’d say that they’ll take what they learnt from S1 and apply it to S2 (IMO, a smart move. Better to make mistakes on ‘filler content’ instead of jumping straight into the main story and messing it up).

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.