Whats the weapon with most kills?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

I confess, I’m a statistic junky.

I have the max kills achievement with a greatsword, axe and short bow.

I have the fewest kills with a focus and a shield.

I’m curious, is this the norm for most people?

What weapon has killed the most and the least?

I understand a shield or focus isn’t designed for killing, so what weapon is the killing king.?

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Sword highest for me. Shield is lowest.

I presume it’s based on the killing blow, so offhand weapons suffer.

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I’m maxed on GS, axe, sword, LB, and spear. My lowest, at zero, is warhorn.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It’s a major pain to kill with most offhand weapons. Most have, at best, one skill that will kill and unless you are killing ambients you have to time it. It’s not good enough to do major damage with the skill, it has to be the killing blow. This means none of the offhand weapons are on the list OP is asking about.

So one thing you have to consider is, what profession is the most common and what weapons are most commonly used by that profession. Also what weapons are most commonly used by the other professions. I’m going to put my vote on greatsword as the most common. It has warrior (probably the most common profession), Mesmer, Guardian, and Ranger using this. The least common, my vote is shield. Not only does it not really have a good killing skill but it’s probably the least commonly used weapon.

So, greatsword and shield are my votes.

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I only play mesmer. For me sword has the most kills, and all other weapons are incredibly low or have never used.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Maxed are for me: Daggers, Sword, Greatsword, Shortbow, Pistols, Spear, Axe, Staff, Scepter

Yet not maxed are Harpoon (just under 500 kills more needed), Longbow (around 500 kilsl more needed)Trident, Hammer, Focus, Shield, Warhorn, Mace, Torch

As I main thief, most Kills I’ve done with Daggers and Shortbow.
If the counter owuld just count further, I guss I’d be for Daggers and Shortbow easily far over the 10000’s of kills already.

The offhand Weapons are only a crap way to max, because those weapons all have only stupid non effective skills with that you can’t effectively deal damage to make easy killing blows, they have no auto attack skills, because you can’t turn the offhand weapons into main hand weapons, which is in my humble opinion one of the biggest current massive weapon skill design flaws of Guild Wars 2 from the begin on of this game.

Every weapon should be useable as long it is no 2 handed weapon in each different hand. Each 1H weapon should be able for all classes to be also dual wielded.

Means, it should be totally regardless if I use my Shield now in the left hand, as a main weapon, or if I use it in my right hand as an offhand weapon. But just both options should be there simple to priovide the best possible build diversity.

If I decide to use my Shield as Main Hand Weapon, the Class that uses it should receive for it then also an Auto Attack and 2 more offensive skilsl with shorter cooldown times, so that those offhand weapons can also be actively used to deal some serious damage for the killing flow.
Thats why all those weapons with that I are already maxed are alot easier to max, because you can deal with those weapons currently easily the killing blows and that eaven also easily for multiple targets with certain weapons due to their AoE Skills which the offhand weapons are also massively lacking in.

I find it sad, that still 2 years agter game release we still can’t use the offhand weapons also as real mainhand weapons.
I know this would mean to implement more new weapon skills, but it would really be worth it to do that to make those other weapons also more attractive to use them and maybe get away with them a bit from the greatsword meta …

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

how to kill anything with guardian schield. or focus thats dam hard almost like a precursor drop

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

how to kill anything with guardian schield. or focus thats dam hard almost like a precursor drop

Ambients, they count as kills. Use shield skill #4 or both skills on the focus and you are the Mighty Ambient Killer. Too bad there isn’t a title for it. I recommend a stiff drink, a location with lots of ambients and and resigning yourself to spending a lot of time, waiting for the skills to recharge after mowing them down.

Posted by: Teyrul.7804

Teyrul.7804

I’m maxed on Greatsword, Staff, Sword, Axe, Warhorn, Dagger, Scepter, Hammer, Mace, Focus, Torch and Shield. My lowest is Pistol with 0.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

LB and staff have to be my highest.

Ranger, Ele and Guardian.

LB is my top scorer because I did a lot of zerg events and open world PvE, was too lazy to level a guardian early on, and do not use the SB unless I’m doing PvP.

Celestial/Zerker ele is just too fun with a staff to resist.

If you remove open-world kills. 1h sword by tens of thousands.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.