When I get back.

When I get back.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

Well, after about 700 hours of fun (and it was), I uninstalled GW2.

The reasons are simple: I just couldn’t find my ‘groove’. The dungeons I’ve seen didn’t offer a sense of wonder and exploration and they didn’t offer challenging fights – just fights requiring repeating the same tricks to chipp away at mountains of hitpoints. PvP lacks team cohesion, probably because all classes are self-sufficient to some degree. Also: biggest zerg wins. The exploration of the open world is great, but not as great as it can be – I find the instancing of the zones simply breaks my immersion, and there’s a lack of places of wonder without having to smack random mobs to just look around, which is a shame considering how awesome much of it looks.

The (few) guilds I’ve seen lack cohesion, probably because of a lack of the need to truly organize large groups (raids, yes).

GW2 is somewhere between gobsmacking awesome and somehow sterile because I don’t feel truly involved or committed.

So a quit rant ? Not really: I love this game !!! I want it to become more. Yes, whatever constitutes “more” seems to be different for just about every player, which is also a good thing.

So it’s a “when I get back” thread.

When I do return (and I will), I’d love to see some things differently, things that I think are within the intend of ANet:

- Craft new dungeons with a focus on tactical (boss) fights: less hitpoints, more dynamics/scripting. Use e.g. textures and sounds which aren’t in the open-world so we know what’s on offer inside is unique, not more of the same with a couple of zero’s on the mob HP counters.

- Drastically rethink PvP maps to create a more natural flow of players, with more choke-points and significant and obvious advantages to your team. Give expert PvP players extra boons and/or conditions which make them natural leaders in-game, to encourage team-play. Add duelling to the open world, so people can more easily make the transition from PvE to PvP, simply by having some fun.

- Add more strangeness to the world: zones with odd day-night cycles, NPC’s that turn ‘red’ under certain conditions (e.g. phases of the moon). Sync day-night cycles across zones and to certain time-zones – having my virtual world at approximately the same clock as IRL adds to the immersion. Get creative with stuff like constelations – why not have starsigns which yield boons and/or conditions ? Seasons would be even more awesome…

- We need news of an expansion. Or at least I do. I need to know that next to adding to the existing world there’s all new content coming, with new graphics, new sound (please ! sound is one of the best aspects of GW2)…and hopefully some new, improved voice-acting.

- Adding to the existing world is great too, in theory. If you do add, make those additions epic in scope, longer in duration compared to current DE’s and more significant in rewards – what about e.g. being able to unlock extra utility skills by doing long chain DE’s ?

I could ramble on like this for ages.

If you’ve taken a break, like me, what would you like to see on your return ?

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.