When Will You Fix DE's and the World?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

Tyria has been rotting a few weeks after release. no one is out there, except for a few alts and noobs here and there. DE’s are broken, they dont scale, rewards suck. nothing was done at all about aoe tagging, nothing was done to make these events more challenging. the open world end game is a snoozefest (Orr zombies). FOTM and ascended gear pretty much crushed whatever was left of the open world. i still cant comprehend why this was released.

*so my question is: when will you tend to that which you used to sell the game to everyone, i.e. dynamic events and the open world? *

(aside) personally, i cant stand the holiday fluff. the events are goofy, silly, childish and if anything, they break whatever little immersion this game has (lol floating candy, candy monsters =S). and they remind me that dev time isnt being invested in what matters. but im glad people love the holiday content as it improves retention. the only thing im looking forward to in Winter’s Day is the stuff that should have been there on release: spvp balance and bug fixes. if you want feedback, here it is…i didnt do half of the Halloween content, I didnt do any of the Lost Coast content (except for exactly 2 FOTM runs to try it out), and i dont plan on participating in Winter’s Day because I have zero interest in fluff. i’ll be in the Mists.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

(edited by nerva.7940)

Posted by: Masaki.2153

Masaki.2153

Wintersday looks amazing!

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

They have already stated that there will be some mega patches in Jan Feb.

They have also said they will monitor DEs and change them due to population and how it affects the world.

I would say there are some changes in the wind but since I am not an Anet employee all I can say is cross your fingers for these mega patches to include DE changes

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

Wintersday looks amazing!

But will it work the first time around unlike the past two big events?

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

Posted by: mavet.3047

mavet.3047

The game hardly works as it is and you want them to fix it??? Honestly...

Mors janua vitæ

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

DE’s and the open world areas are fine in terms of how they work at the moment. They work well, but aren’t very rewarding or give a sense of accomplishment. That being said, I too feel that the open world could use some more incentive to get players circulating again.

• Larger and/or more popular events (and event chains) changed to break up zergs a bit (or even have a few siege events where they rely on them) by adding sub events that draw groups away from the main battle depending on the number of players in the area.
  • Orr events could be changed to be more… exciting and entertaining.
  • Large Scale Events, like the Dragon events, could be changed to be a bit more involving.
  • Chests more rewarding (helps circulate players)
  • Boss bounties might be fun (maybe you can get 1 token a day from each different champion out in the world; helps to circulate players, stops player from over farming one boss)
  • Event “cool downs” should be longer than five seconds (exaggerated, but they could be longer; give a sense of accomplishment)
  • Etc.

nerva.7940

no theyre not fine. theyre too easy and give no significant rewards. not to mention broken. people have been complaining about their low level of difficulty since release.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian

Posted by: Valhallen.1693

Valhallen.1693

I bought this game specifically because of how awesome events like the shatterer, sunless, and shadow behemoth looked. When I finally got to see the shadow behemoth and shaman events during beta, I knew this game was going to be awesome. Fast forward 3 months, I log in and can’t find a single big event up and the zones are practically empty on a “full” server.

There needs to be at LEAST one big event in every zone that happens all the time. They need to provide worthwhile loot such as rare unique pets, unique dyes, and weapon and armor skins. There also needs to be some type of DE UI that lets us know when and where an event will occur.

Anet didn’t just drop the ball on DEs, they didn’t even bother picking it up.

nerva.7940

if they dont find a way to reinvigorate the world, the game will just disappear of the map. i would have bought pandas if i wanted to grind freaking dungeons.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

They have already stated that there will be some mega patches in Jan Feb.

They have also said they will monitor DEs and change them due to population and how it affects the world.

I would say there are some changes in the wind but since I am not an Anet employee all I can say is cross your fingers for these mega patches to include DE changes

What I think they are thinking of doing with DEs is to give a little more incentive for high levels to come back and do them. OR have the NPCs more active.

The problem with that is that, the fun in doing DEs is having a balanced group, not a couple of level 30s and fifty level 80% with Legendary gear zerging the event for some special reward. While the newbie level 30s stand around going WTF, how come they are so strong and have such amazing looking armor and weapons.

I would wager that across all the servers at any time there are enough players in ANY low level zone to form a nice random group for the DE. They simply need to enable underflow server merging.

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

• Chests more rewarding (helps circulate players)
  • Boss bounties might be fun (maybe you can get 1 token a day from each different champion out in the world; helps to circulate players, stops player from over farming one boss)
  • High level/tier rewards for higher level players in low level areas (balanced and tuned appropriately to the time and difficulty of the event/area, maybe by tightening up level and stat scaling?)
  • Larger and/or more popular events (and event chains) changed to break up zergs a bit (or even have a few siege events where they rely on them) by adding sub events that draw groups away from the main battle depending on the number of players in the area.
  • Orr events could be changed to be more… exciting and entertaining.
  • Large Scale Events, like the Dragon events, could be changed to be a bit more involving.
  • Event “cool downs” should be longer than five seconds (exaggerated, but they could be longer; give a sense of accomplishment)
  • Etc.

Changes like these could get people circulating throughout Tyria again instead of just farming dungeons; especially stuff like the first two, which would provide players an incentive to travel around a bit more.

Also, I think they need to raise the price of field waypoint fee’s and then make all waypoints to major cities free (i.e. all waypoints in Lions Arch, Divinity’s Reach, etc. would be free to use no matter where you are in the world). This would get people traveling and a bit more frugal with their waypoint use.

(edited by Sollith.3502)

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

@Nerva & mavet

I don’t think anything is nearly as bad as you two make it sound. From your descriptions and post histories, you make is sound like the game is totally unplayable.

This is simply untrue…and you know that. Not sure what kind of agenda you 2 have. But you definitely have one.

I hope Wintersday is just full of the Holiday Spirit. Seems like some people around here could use it.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon