When are we getting new class?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nub.2391

Nub.2391

well, its been 1 and 1/2 year. with no expansion planed so when will we getting new classes? i hope Anet doesnt plan to let us play all these class for the rest of GW2 life time?
game like diablo 3 and many other MMo would introducing new class not longer than 1 or 1 and 1/2 year.
i remember we getting 2 new class after 1 year from GW1.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

They pretty much covered every stereotype with their classes, not seeing new ones coming out anytime soon.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

There is going to be an expansion of sorts. It’s just a matter of how will they release it:

“The thing that we haven’t decided yet,” he went on, "is what form that type of content will take. Is it right for Guild Wars 2 for that kind of boxed expansion? Is it right for that to be something we add, live, through storylines in the game? Is that something we want to sell through our in-game store? There are a lot of different options available to us.

“… but we absolutely are going to do sweeping new features that you would traditionally only get in expansions – large regions, content and progression additions to your characters in the form of growth and professions and races. Those are all things that you will see in the lifespan of Guild Wars 2.”

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-14-you-thought-that-was-it-for-guild-wars-2

They specifically mention professions and races. Besides, we need another plate wearing class to even things out. Though I’d prefer to see a new ritualist or dervish.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Hopefully not soon. If they can’t balance 8, I don’t see them balancing 9.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Beorn Raukar.4328

Beorn Raukar.4328

well, its been 1 and 1/2 year. with no expansion planed so when will we getting new classes? i hope Anet doesnt plan to let us play all these class for the rest of GW2 life time?
game like diablo 3 and many other MMo would introducing new class not longer than 1 or 1 and 1/2 year.

More likely is that they will add new races to not upset the balance. As combat gameplay expansion I think it is much more likely that they add new weapons, skills to reinvigorate the class. Plus a sub-class system has been already been mentioned as a possiblity in the CDI Horizontal-Progression thread.

note: sub-class would be different than dual-class

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Yeah, I do see them adding races long before them adding classes. Classes are more difficult to deal with because of balance issues.

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

The future is filled with Whirling Dervishes.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Diablo 3 not an mmo its a single player game (that they made it so you had to be online all the time meh) that you can play with other ppl there very little balancing needed for games like that so you can just spit out new classes all the time if you wanted. You will find most new classes for other mmo real mmo are comply broken as in way too strong for the game or so weak that they are not worth playing its becomes emntly content waiting for that next update to “fix” the new class until then every one will flock or run away from the class until the next one is put out.

Its best to take time for new classes so its better for GW2 to keep balancing out the class we have in the game now and not just add in random classes to draw ppl attestation. Having said that it sounds like they are going to have add on for existing classes for GW2 the main example they gave was making a ranger into more of a druid. So on the lines of prestige classes (i am hoping for an all in fire ele class!) that you get by doing quest or preforming right of passages as they called it. If they do it right it will be more horizontal progression so more skills but not more of what they have now.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Q: When are we getting new class?

A: When its ready.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I want martial artist (fighting monk not healer)
close ranged fighter, pbaoe buffer, with a focus on skills that get more effective when chained together, and a very active counter heavy playstyle.

I dont think they really hit all the playstyles/archetypes here at all.

i could also see a marksman class that focuses on preparations/reloading and provides a class with good range without the nature/pet mechanic. as well as close range debilitation/debuff.

The thing with classes they have, they will always be married to their mechanics.
Thief will always be about stealth and initiative
mesmer will always be about illusions
ranger will always be about pets
etc.
You can change the weapons, but not the basic class mechanics.

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Dialbo III and Guild Wars 1 aren’t MMO’s. They’re CORPG’s. Think of the relationship between GW1 and GW2 less like going from Final Fantasy XI to FFXIV, and more like going from Warcraft I-III to WoW.

Regardless, most other online games don’t have systems like GW2 where they can introduce completely new play styles through the existing classes. Adding new weapons, traits, and skills can introduce roughly the same level of diversity as adding a new profession.

I should be writing.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

The current classes cover all, if not most of the arch types potentially. What that means is we are likely to get new weapons long before we get new classes.

Posted by: BiJay.9830

BiJay.9830

Yeah, I do see them adding races long before them adding classes. Classes are more difficult to deal with because of balance issues.

I actually think a new race would require more work because they need to give them a home map+instance, personal story and a fitting model of all avaiable armor on top of the usual race modeling, background and voices.

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

When the currently classes are balanced.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Never.
15charlimit

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

There is going to be an expansion of sorts. It’s just a matter of how will they release it:

“The thing that we haven’t decided yet,” he went on, "is what form that type of content will take. Is it right for Guild Wars 2 for that kind of boxed expansion? Is it right for that to be something we add, live, through storylines in the game? Is that something we want to sell through our in-game store? There are a lot of different options available to us.

“… but we absolutely are going to do sweeping new features that you would traditionally only get in expansions – large regions, content and progression additions to your characters in the form of growth and professions and races. Those are all things that you will see in the lifespan of Guild Wars 2.”

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-14-you-thought-that-was-it-for-guild-wars-2

They specifically mention professions and races. Besides, we need another plate wearing class to even things out. Though I’d prefer to see a new ritualist or dervish.

+1 to this, I’d die to have my ritualist or dervish back

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

They would do far better adding new skills/weapons to existing classes so that existing characters can be customized to feel like something new. Most players would prefer that to buying a character slot to level up and get gear for a new character class.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

If a new class will ever get implemented in GW2, it will take a really long time.
Being optimist I would guess 2 years.

It is very likely you’ll see new maps, continent and races before a new class.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)