When do we get actual Oct 15 Patch notes?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Cruising the Ranger and Warrior boards, I’ve seen reports of at least 4 undocumented reductions in effectiveness (a.k.a. ‘stealth nerfs’) per class, alongside numerous simple bugged, broken, or misleading changes in the tool tips (i.e. ranger sword 1 says it removes bleeding… huh?). I have to imagine there’s at least as many other quirks, nerfs, and errors introduced in the other classes.

When can we expect a codified round up of which of these changes are temporary bugs and which are here too stay? The Mesmer gajillion points of damage bug got hot fixed, but the job of cleaning up after the “tooltips party” isn’t nearly done yet…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

? umm? Game release notes? on the first page of “Forums” ?

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I love how people don’t actually read the post before posting…

I would delete your post OP, I tried asking about undocumented changes after the last balance patch and was rewarded with a 3 day vacation for “posting conspiracy theories”

Just a friendly warning.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Reading OP

He’s talking about undocumented changes. Most patches have some, these last had a lot.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

Reading OP

He’s talking about undocumented changes. Most patches have some, these last had a lot.

Ah yes. I guess I saw undocumented and read documented somehow. Makes sense now. My folly.

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

Nike.2631

? umm? Game release notes? on the first page of “Forums” ?

Um, I read them as they were made available, and they are at best fractionally complete and accurate. Tons of things changed that are not listed, and we have no way of intuiting which changes are deliberate-but-undocumented and which are accidentally introduced bugs we can hope to see reversed after reporting them.

I’m looking forward to and requesting the ‘real’ patch notes. For an update about adding clarity to/through tooltips, its been a bit of a exercise in obfuscation.

Nike.2631

I would delete your post OP, I tried asking about undocumented changes after the last balance patch and was rewarded with a 3 day vacation for “posting conspiracy theories”

Just a friendly warning.

Fair enough. In this case I don’t see malice in their actions. I see signs the Devs were rushing changes down to the last minute and some of the product came out a bit… jumbled.

There must be some log where they check in their changes. Somebody needs to go over it again and extract a more thorough and accurate record of what they were fiddling with and promoted to the live server.

I’m not arguing the merits of the changes themselves, I’d just like proper disclosure so we can focus on getting them good bug reports on changes we’ve discovered that they don’t know about instead of huddling under the leaves bemoaning this or that nerf.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Me thinks somebody forgot their foil hat. Whether you believe it or not is up to you, but ANet has said on repeated occasions that they do NOT add stealth updates. If you really are seeing anything that wasn’t in the notes, it’s unintended, likely a bug, and should probably be reported so they can fix it.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Well, i find a bit difficult they can change an entire skill by mistake.
That’s what happened with the rocket turret (whose damage was supposedly raised, but got burning removed) and its toolbelt skill (that is basically different – switched from player target to AoE target, with a different range, damage and travel time).
Imho, they did forget to write those in the patch notes.

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

From what I understand there are interlinked systems and whatnot that cause one change to affect other areas. I think it is less conspiracy and more mistakes. I think they should hire Scarlet because she seems smart enough to fix everything

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

In the entire year I’ve been playing GW2 I’ve never seen ArenaNet purposely “stealth nerf” a profession. I think it is hostile to the developers for you to assume that.

If you see a skill performing differently than stated in the patch notes or the tool tips it could be any number of reasons:

• A bug
  • A typo in the patch notes or on the tooltip
  • A misunderstanding on the player’s or developer’s end on how the change would affect the skill

You should bring it to their attention via the Bug Report forum so that they can clear up any bugs, typos, misunderstandings before assuming that they are “stealth nerfing”. Really, what purpose would that even serve?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I love how people don’t actually read the post before posting…

Just a friendly warning.

I am the same way. It disturbs me that so many don’t realize what’s happening with the notes, they didn’t at all do everything they claimed for the engineer either!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

There are either some extremely naive people in this thread, or people new to anet and new to mmos in general. Stealth updates are a dime a dozen. To think that this game is suddenly exempt from a common practice is so divorced from reality, it’s not even funny anymore.

You can find many examples on the gurus for this game and the previous game with undocumented changes. Just ask the rangers forum about our lovely shortbow auto attack change that was claimed to be nothing more than an animation glitch that they were fixing(they were called out and later admitted I might added) when in reality they were nerfing the damage output because they and I quote "felt spamming “1” wasn’t how they want people to play rangers" so instead of actually addressing what rangers have been saying about bows since the beginning, they went in the opposite direction.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I start to notice these stealth changes since queen’s pavilion. I am sure they were around long before that. It’s a shame really and I am sure it’s not intentional per se, but it should be noted and adjusted.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I start to notice these stealth changes since queen’s pavilion. I am sure they were around long before that. It’s a shame really and I am sure it’s not intentional per se, but it should be noted and adjusted.

Queen’s Pavilion is a good example. The last nerf to Deadeye was not officially documented.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Me thinks somebody forgot their foil hat. Whether you believe it or not is up to you, but ANet has said on repeated occasions that they do NOT add stealth updates. If you really are seeing anything that wasn’t in the notes, it’s unintended, likely a bug, and should probably be reported so they can fix it.

Actually they have in the past and one of the devs admitted it with an apology. Unintended or not. It’s considered stealth updates no matter how you look at it. White Knighting also helps no one and hinders asserting improvements for the game.