When does New Player Experience change?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Just a question. I searched for it but didn’t find anything.

When does the “New Player Experience” change? Has Anet announced that yet? Do we have to wait until HoT?

I just got my Warrior to level 80 and have no traits. I’m running 2/1/5/3/3 because of all the locked traits.

Even though all I do is WvW, I was setting out to get the traits I wanted when I see that one of them requires a level 70 Story event! I’ve not completed the Story on any of my toons. Now I have to do the Story to get a trait?

I know I could buy them but I’d really rather not.

So, anyone know when the How to Drive New Players Away from the Game and Aggravate Old Players with Alts er… I mean New Player Experience changes?

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

Posted by: Gunsnroll.2657

Gunsnroll.2657

When it’s ready.

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

This is a good question. The skill and trait line changes will be rolled out before HoT, in “The next content update.” We don’t know when that is, except before HoT is released. But we don’t know if trait unlocks will be fixed when the skill and trait changes happen, or with HoT.
And the trait change was not part of the NPE. So if we’re told there are going to be changes to the NPE, that would not necessarily include trait unlock changes.
I’d really like to know this as well. Because I don’t think that players should have to pay for a fix to the trait unlock system. And before people in pale armor start jumping on me insisting that the trait unlock system is not broken:
When you tie trait unlocks to bugged/broken events, over-leveled events, and event chains that groups of players will derail for selfish reasons, then yes, your trait unlock system is broken.
It would be nice to get a response from an Anet employee about when trait unlocks will be changed.(with skill & trait changes, or with HoT, not an actual date)

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Yep would be nice to know. I’m and old player and just made a new alt. Horrible experience… like I get it…it seems good in theory…but in practice………..maybe if buying them was 10x cheaper than it is from trainer (like 1 skill pt 10silver)

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

There is speculation that it will come out in the next patch with the rebuilding of LA. Which if they keep with the 2 weeks will put it in the 23rd

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

There is speculation that it will come out in the next patch with the rebuilding of LA. Which if they keep with the 2 weeks will put it in the 23rd

There is no speculation involved. It has been outright stated that it will come with the next content patch. WHEN the next content patch is, we do not know however.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

I’ve been doing some new character stuff recently, and I’ve come to the rather dreadful conclusion I prefer The Secret World over this. And mind, I loathe the way you need to be able to do complex math to solve even the tiniest puzzle there. But it’s better than the no-need-for-brains baby food that is the NPE. At least TSW assumes players HAVE brains, at least enough to figure out how to google stuff.

And don’t get me started on the current trait system…

Posted by: Infenso.6329

Infenso.6329

Yep would be nice to know. I’m and old player and just made a new alt. Horrible experience… like I get it…it seems good in theory…but in practice………..maybe if buying them was 10x cheaper than it is from trainer (like 1 skill pt 10silver)

Yeah, Seems like they planned it for PvE/World exp mainly. But it is good they’re realizing this so they are changing it. Might take a while but better late than never!

Posted by: A OK.8276

A OK.8276

When it’s ready.

What a luxury. I work on 2 year constuction projects and clients hold schedules to the week. There must be hundreds of employees doing unimaginable amounts of unique one off work by hand to not be able to hold a project schedule to a month or quarter.

We may never understand how vast and complex this expansion truly is.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

Not this tuesday, but next tuesday. not the next tuesday before the last next tuesday, but after the following tuesday after the this next tuesday, possibly between the former tuesday before last next, but not after this coming friday? I think?

before july.

maybe.

we hope.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Unless I missed something only Traits is changing, not the entire NPE.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

A lot of people lump the trait changes in with the NPE. The traits will change. It’s unlikely the NPE will.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

So far, no announcements re changes to the NPE itself, just traits. Of course, there should be minor changes to the level-up info relating to traits and skills to go along with the new systems for those features, as well as changes to when in the leveling process Hero points become available and when they can be spent on what. So, some changes to the content of NPE, but not likely to the NPE concept.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

The new system is terrible, my old toons never had this problem and I was leveling some new ones last week.
I ended up buying the grandmaster traits because I have no interest in ever doing arah again, and the temple of balthazar only fails because no-one is interested in doing them.
IN theory they may sound great, it’s an awfull system in practise.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Even though all I do is WvW, I was setting out to get the traits I wanted when I see that one of them requires a level 70 Story event! I’ve not completed the Story on any of my toons. Now I have to do the Story to get a trait?

I hope I dont come out as rude now but, if you havent played the story at all I advice you to that. This game has so much more than just WvW. I think this was the point with all this locking traits behind content, so that it would make more players do them. I had to go to WvW to get some traits, I have grown so bored of WvW so I just hated that… I Know that there will be a fix to the traits soon but I wanted it now so I bought it, the money is well spent becouse I can use the trait now.

Now if you only play WvW, I have sad news for you… You will probably need to do some pure PvE after the Specialization update as you will probably need to go out and hunt some Hero Point challenges.

Oh and by the way, if you happen to follow my advice and do the story, I advice you again that the experience gets easier and more enjoyable if you play it with a friend or more.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

I’ve been leveling a gaggle of my alt fools to 80. Hopefully it goes faster with this new system.

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I hope I dont come out as rude now but, if you havent played the story at all I advice you to that. This game has so much more than just WvW. I think this was the point with all this locking traits behind content, so that it would make more players do them. I had to go to WvW to get some traits, I have grown so bored of WvW so I just hated that… I Know that there will be a fix to the traits soon but I wanted it now so I bought it, the money is well spent becouse I can use the trait now.

Now if you only play WvW, I have sad news for you… You will probably need to do some pure PvE after the Specialization update as you will probably need to go out and hunt some Hero Point challenges.

Oh and by the way, if you happen to follow my advice and do the story, I advice you again that the experience gets easier and more enjoyable if you play it with a friend or more.

No, you’re not rude. But I tried PvE at launch and couldn’t continue. I can’t stand the PvE in GW2.

Some are saying the NPE might not change – I thought Anet had stated that it will? Oh well, WvW is getting boring for me too. I’m looking forward to Stronghold though so if the NPE doesn’t change I guess it’ll be Stronghold only for my new Warrior.