When is Shatterer going to be buffed/fixed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

Well, because the fact that you can sit there, spam attacks on his right paw taking no damage whatsoever and eventually killing him is actually really game breaking.

I mean for me, I guess it’s fine to stack on him, but the fact that The Shatterer doesn’t even attack you breaks it.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Shatterer is definitely a “farm” fight. Go there, maybe take out some crystals and slap some adds, but there’s very little risk.

He doesn’t even turn around. >_>

If it’d wingslap or tail whip some people, that’d at least keep people attentive.

Re: “right paw”… What is it with these big bosses and only having 1 to 3 specific hit areas? They’re huge. I should be able to ker-stab Shadow Behemoth right in the jimmies (and risk a kitten-ton of damage) to get my hits in, not wah at him with range or wait for his face to grace my sword with its presence.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Pibriamal.8719

Pibriamal.8719

Whenever those bad players stop sucking and complaining about Teq needing a nerf. There’s a thread almost every week crying that Teq is too hard, aka “I suck kitten, make stuff easier for me so I can keep sucking.”

Not need to be offensive.
Casual players need to leave Teq. as it is.
Hardcore needs to leave Shatterer as it is.

Anet should make new content that catter both.

That’s it. No need to useless discussion. And insult trading. And all those things.

It’s not an issue of hardcore vs casual. Bad player =/= casual. Plenty of hardcore players that are bad. And instead of learning the content, they come to the forums to complain and whine.

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

I hope it won’t require major rework, but you never know with this. I’d love to see Shatterer or any other giant dragon actually turn and walk around… maybe flip it’s tail or some such.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If the consequence would be another Tequatl, or something close, then i’d rather have Shatterer remain unchanged.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

I like all the world bosses get buffed but open raid is a big fail.

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

If the consequence would be another Tequatl, or something close, then i’d rather have Shatterer remain unchanged.

That’s just it, the content is at a certain level, and I’m not opposed to some changes, like they’ve done from time to time on other bosses (like SB and FE, or cleaning up Claw so there weren’t all the safe spots).

But anything outside that range, I would rather they add new content, like the evolved wurm, and people that would rather do the difficult content can go there, and if they are completely bored with the easier world events, they can not do them.

I’d rather they provide more content options for more people, rather than re-purposing existing content. I’ve never understood why this has to be an ‘us and them’ situation.

On a side note, I would like them to change that collection pre-event. It takes too long, and causes the event to needlessly bump up close to the following event, for those that like to do it (in my case, I do it at a time when the normal wurm is the next event). That collection pre-event causes scaling that ends up causing it to take 8 minutes to complete, leaving only 6-7 for the fight itself. Maybe replace it with a champion to kill, or something, like at the jungle wurm.

Avascar.9237

That’s just it, the content is at a certain level, and I’m not opposed to some changes, like they’ve done from time to time on other bosses (like SB and FE, or cleaning up Claw so there weren’t all the safe spots).

But anything outside that range, I would rather they add new content, like the evolved wurm, and people that would rather do the difficult content can go there, and if they are completely bored with the easier world events, they can not do them.

I’d rather they provide more content options for more people, rather than re-purposing existing content. I’ve never understood why this has to be an ‘us and them’ situation.

On a side note, I would like them to change that collection pre-event. It takes too long, and causes the event to needlessly bump up close to the following event, for those that like to do it (in my case, I do it at a time when the normal wurm is the next event). That collection pre-event causes scaling that ends up causing it to take 8 minutes to complete, leaving only 6-7 for the fight itself. Maybe replace it with a champion to kill, or something, like at the jungle wurm.

I do prefer the new content, but I propose the Shatterer is broken because if you stand in this one spot he can’t hit you. I don’t think he really needs to be another Teq, maybe just a bit stronger because of how easy this mighty dragon can go down, but the fact that this exploit still exists ruins the game in a big level. It makes this epic boss laughable.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

The Shatterer’s problem is that almost all its attacks are aimed forward, presumably because that’s the direction Anet intended you to fight it from. If they remove the safe spots to its sides, it’d be in a pretty good place as a boss.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

To OP—no thanks. Leave it alone. Just like the people who say if TEQ/3 headed wurm is too hard (for whatever reason)and want them nerfed, just don’t play it. I say to you if you find kitten too easy,boring and not enjoyable-DONT PLAY IT. Go to the harder events or to the pavillion and enjoy that content. SO tired of people wanting buffs and nerfs because they don’t like a certain event and selfishly don’t care if it ruins it for others. There is hard content, there is easy content, there is zerg, there are events that require planning and coordination. There is enough varied content to go around. Quit trying to ruin it for others.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Well, because the fact that you can sit there, spam attacks on his right paw taking no damage whatsoever and eventually killing him is actually really game breaking.

I mean for me, I guess it’s fine to stack on him, but the fact that The Shatterer doesn’t even attack you breaks it.

I think you need to look up what “game breaking” means. The fight may be underwhelming, but it is not game breaking.

Avascar.9237

To OP—no thanks. Leave it alone. Just like the people who say if TEQ/3 headed wurm is too hard (for whatever reason)and want them nerfed, just don’t play it. I say to you if you find kitten too easy,boring and not enjoyable-DONT PLAY IT. Go to the harder events or to the pavillion and enjoy that content. SO tired of people wanting buffs and nerfs because they don’t like a certain event and selfishly don’t care if it ruins it for others. There is hard content, there is easy content, there is zerg, there are events that require planning and coordination. There is enough varied content to go around. Quit trying to ruin it for others.

Perhaps I’m being biased here. Sure. Maybe it would be better off if every dragon isn’t super OP/tons of hp/massive coordination to beat it. I’m not proposing nor saying that Shatterer should be as hard as Teq or 3 Headed Wurm (rather, I’m saying a small buff would be appreciated), but the main problem here is that there is safe spot where the Shatterer can’t hit you at all.

I think you need to look up what “game breaking” means. The fight may be underwhelming, but it is not game breaking.

Game breaking, I define when a player exploits a design flaw or glitch. The design flaw in the Shatterer is that there is a safe spot where you can’t hit it by the dragon, maybe from the minions and such but not the dragon himself.

In a more specific and on-topic manner, imagine a major mid-level boss. The devs made him look pretty and epic, and wanted him to be fought against massive amounts of players. But, there is a “safety spot” where this boss bashes around everywhere except this safety spot. Do you really think the developers of this game would really purposely make a safe spot where you can’t get hit by the boss at all?

Sure, don’t buff him. Go ahead, stack on him. But it’s really bothersome to have a design flaw of this kind. I’m not talking about morals or ethnics, but sometimes the designs and their holes of this game is so absurd and perplexing it’s difficult to comprehend if they really considered all of the possibilities in their game.

If this safety spot on the Shatterer is on purpose, then I’m sorry.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Game breaking, I define when a player exploits a design flaw or glitch. The design flaw in the Shatterer is that there is a safe spot where you can’t hit it by the dragon, maybe from the minions and such but not the dragon himself.

In a more specific and on-topic manner, imagine a major mid-level boss. The devs made him look pretty and epic, and wanted him to be fought against massive amounts of players. But, there is a “safety spot” where this boss bashes around everywhere except this safety spot. Do you really think the developers of this game would really purposely make a safe spot where you can’t get hit by the boss at all?

Sure, don’t buff him. Go ahead, stack on him. But it’s really bothersome to have a design flaw of this kind. I’m not talking about morals or ethnics, but sometimes the designs and their holes of this game is so absurd and perplexing it’s difficult to comprehend if they really considered all of the possibilities in their game.

If this safety spot on the Shatterer is on purpose, then I’m sorry.

When people redefine words at a whim, it becomes difficult to understand what’s meant. It’s difficult to know on these boards whether someone is redefining a word or if they’re misusing it for the sake of hyperbole. Thanks for sharing “your” definition of game-breaking. I hold to the definition which means “something that bars progress.” The flaw in the Shatterer event does not bar progress, thus my comment.

That said, the fight is indeed underwhelming. It’s difficult to determine if the safe spot was intentional or not. As to why it hasn’t been addressed if unintended, see dungeon revamps.

While I wouldn’t mind seeing the Shatterer buffed, I would not like to see another Teq. I think it’s a mistake to take content away from one demographic and give it to another. New events like Teq — and there should be more — should be new bosses.

I’d like to see Shatterer be challenging, but doable with smaller numbers if that’s all that showed. It should then scale up to respond to more players, up to a full zone’s worth. And, of course, eliminate the permanent safety spot. Perhaps substitute a mechanic where the crystals and his attacks create unsafe spots all over the area, and these locations vary from moment to moment so that situational awareness and repositioning is needed.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

He needs to use those wings to ‘blowback’ all the players near him occasionally instead of just stomping a few when he lands. I don’t even remember what kind of attacks he’s supposed to have but that fight is just ripe for redesign now that it always has a zerg at its feet.

Hate me for this but I hope they remove the double damage spot at the corner of the chest spawn point too. (all dragons have this spot if you can get to it)

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

This was posted on a “nerf Teq omg too hard” thread right here in the forums. It expresses my opinion perfectly. Props, Azhure!

Personally I like the buff. Tequatl is a bloody DRAGON. It should be as hard as it possibly can be. I’d be for buffs on the other dragons.

Its not very gratifying to attack a dragon’s foot, taking no damage, and kill said dragon in 5 minutes. Looking at you Shatterer!

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I do prefer the new content, but I propose the Shatterer is broken because if you stand in this one spot he can’t hit you. I don’t think he really needs to be another Teq, maybe just a bit stronger because of how easy this mighty dragon can go down, but the fact that this exploit still exists ruins the game in a big level. It makes this epic boss laughable.

Yeah, and just like the issues with Claw, things like that ought to be fixed, I agree.

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Agreed, Shatter should be upgraded to include SOME KIND of variation of attack so that you can’t just stand that and spam attack his big toe.

Over a year ago I wrote a post pertaining to that exact thing. In my reference I proposed numerous different attacks that they could add to make things more interesting. Though my example was Tequatl ( pre Buff, when he was just another Big toe to be stubbed), it could apply to any Dragon.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mega-Boss-scaling/page/2#post1901188

Now unlike the Tequatl post Buff, they could add some of these features without making it so overwhelming as the new Tequatl has become. A little… can go a long way.

Avascar.9237

Agreed, Shatter should be upgraded to include SOME KIND of variation of attack so that you can’t just stand that and spam attack his big toe.

Over a year ago I wrote a post pertaining to that exact thing. In my reference I proposed numerous different attacks that they could add to make things more interesting. Though my example was Tequatl ( pre Buff, when he was just another Big toe to be stubbed), it could apply to any Dragon.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mega-Boss-scaling/page/2#post1901188

Now unlike the Tequatl post Buff, they could add some of these features without making it so overwhelming as the new Tequatl has become. A little… can go a long way.

Perhaps, but at least we’ve been seeing this more often in A-Net’s recent bosses. Fun stuff.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

You know, if you look at it, through very squinted eyes and with much imagination, as an attack at his heel (rather than the front of the foot - and I would suggest it’s foot or feet; if GW2 have a reptilian design basis), around what would be equivalent to the Achilles Tendon, that’s not damage to be sniffed at. It could be rather fatal. If we could get at all his feet, that would be quite epic.

To be honest though, I’m lazy. I usually just stand off at the side and send lasers at his head. Occasionally his tail. I like to aim it so my clones sit on his nose, or just in the air, distracting him, so the brave melee fighters can go and give him a pedicure. I really don’t want it a whole lot different. There’s room for relaxed dragon bashing and full-on communicative dragon bashing here (though I still think open world raid content is ill thought-out, it’s not going anywhere).

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Would be nice if you toned down the particle effects of mortars too… I hit around 2 frames per second when they go off.