When is the next balance patch? (DEV)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: wolfgang.3471

wolfgang.3471

Q:

Question aimed for a DEV to answer.

- PvP and WvW currently are being screwed by silly op builds – Celestial ele, Burn guardian, Ghost thief (is just dumb), PU condi mesmer…
– PvE as well with elementalist and icebow meta

I don’t need to explain the situation everyone knows what I’m on about and how ridiculous this is, so can we have some reassurance a balance patch is going to be being rolled out soon?
Or at least a reason as to why one may not be coming (if it messes with HoT elite specs) ect. I and I am sure others don’t want to be left in the dark.

Posted by: phirefox.2568

phirefox.2568

Afraid you will have to wait quite some time :P A-net seems to follow a 6 month-cycle if it comes to “balancing” stuff (the result of which may destroy any kind of balance even further, as the last big “balance update” showed), so i wouldn’t get my hopes up if i were you :p

Posted by: wolfgang.3471

wolfgang.3471

I just find it sad that Dev’s keep us in the dark on what is going on, regardless i will stay hopeful see if one does reply.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’ve never seen them come to a thread and tell people when they are going to do something, except maybe in very general terms. Since they’ll get blamed for lying if they give a time and it doesn’t happened, it’s against their policy. So, don’t expect any staff member to post on your thread and give you the lowdown.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

The extension will add so much new stuff including new traits/ skills to all existing profession and a totall new profession with zillion options.

If you ask me they will wait the HoT release with the next balance planning and start the balance discussion after we see how the new content will affect the existing builds / balance. Making a balance just now would probably just a waaste of time.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Soon

/15 pink elephants

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Is there any point to release a balancing patch when it is just over a month left until a major release that would totally change anything anyway?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Actually I’ve turned my PvP experience into ele hunting, I keep my own personal scoreboard of each one I manage to 1v1. Sort of entertaining, they’re my preferred targets now. Has the ancillary benefit of improving your skills against the class specifically, though I do note that there’s a good number of players now who must have picked up the class because of it’s balance (lack there of) and are fairly new. I’m actively doing the world of Tyria a favour by discouraging them. After downing one I helpfully inform them that clearly Engi’s are OP and they should join the ADD side. I mean how could that backfire?

(edited by shion.2084)