When is the release of Episode 8?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AlexPort.9204

AlexPort.9204

Q:

Will Episode 8 released together with the wintersday-patch on 16th?

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Episode 8 is Tangled Paths and it already came out. If you are referring to Seeds of Truth it will come out December 2nd alongside what I think is the PvP matchmaking patch.

EDIT: based on the wiki, I counted the Festival of the Four Winds.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Yes, Episode 8 will be released December 16th.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

@ Malkavian. Tangled Paths is episode 6 and Seed of Truth is episode 7.

@ Belenwyn. Are you sure? Where did you got this information?

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

AlexPort.9204

@ Belenwyn. Are you sure? Where did you got this information?

that is why i asked. it would sound right, but they said they wouldn’t mix festival- and LS-patches anymore.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

My speculation is since we are getting 2 pieces of the carapace and luminescent armors in both episode 7 and 8, that they each will last one month.

So episode 7 to launch tomorrow, Wintersday launches on the 16th, episode 8 to launch in January.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

My speculation is since we are getting 2 pieces of the carapace and luminescent armors in both episode 7 and 8, that they each will last one month.

So episode 7 to launch tomorrow, Wintersday launches on the 16th, episode 8 to launch in January.

Ya I think this would be more likely.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

I agree with that. (As a sidenote, I don’t think I’m going to bother trying to collect the luminescent version; it took me some time to realize it, but I saw side-by-side illustrations of carapace and luminescent on the wiki and realized they’re both the same design. I guess the difference is that luminescent is, well, luminescent.)

My guild leader was speculating yesterday that the next episode will move back to Dry Top. How likely is that?

Karizee.8076

I agree with that. (As a sidenote, I don’t think I’m going to bother trying to collect the luminescent version; it took me some time to realize it, but I saw side-by-side illustrations of carapace and luminescent on the wiki and realized they’re both the same design. I guess the difference is that luminescent is, well, luminescent.)

My guild leader was speculating yesterday that the next episode will move back to Dry Top. How likely is that?

Although they have the same skin, the luminescent set glows in the dark. I’m building the set just for that reason

Hard to say where tomorrow will take us, things are definitely heating up in western Silverwastes.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I wonder if you can dye the Luminescent Armor. Every picture I’ve seen of it looks blue. The NPCs wearing it in Silverwastes have blue armor.

If it is not able to be dyed, or just looks blue no matter what you do dye it, I’m not sure I would be interested.

I also don’t think they will release Episode 8 with Wintersday, or if they do, there may be some unpleasant feedback. Stating that SAB could not return because it wasn’t compatible with the Living Story, and then releasing Wintersday with a Living Story Episode might look rather hypocritical. I hope they don’t set themselves up for more rancor.

Karizee.8076

I wonder if you can dye the Luminescent Armor. Every picture I’ve seen of it looks blue. The NPCs wearing it in Silverwastes have blue armor.

You can dye the luminescent but the dyes appear a bit differently than normal and have a blue-ish tint. Here’s my character with Enameled Reign and Anamnesis (dark red/crimson colors) on the shoulders.

The blue effect also pulses, it fades bluer then pinker every 30 seconds or so.

Attachments:

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ahh, thanks for the picture. I guess it’s cool, though not something I would probably chase. I do, however, like the look of the non-Luminescent Armor. =)

Karizee.8076

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Oh. Pretty much always blue. Nope, not my cup of tea, for the trouble to get it. Thanks again for the visual aids. =)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I personally find that rather unlikely.
Because that would basically mean a month (or more) gap between episode 7 and episode 8, with much pointing towards episode 8 being the season finale.

It is rather unlikely that they would have a few episodes, a couple of months break, a few more episodes, a month break, a single final episode and then another couple of months break.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

AlexPort.9204

ok. bumping this thread up again, because we got no hints and no teaser picture in the last POI episode.

on the 16th “only” wintersday? yes or no?

Posted by: Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

guessing that it is left is the because all that is left s the final piece for the chest alex! but there is also the pvp testing going on besides wintersday

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

As much as I don’t anticipate another episode for a while, it’s a shame because the story left off with a whimper, not a bang.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I personally find that rather unlikely.
Because that would basically mean a month (or more) gap between episode 7 and episode 8, with much pointing towards episode 8 being the season finale.

It is rather unlikely that they would have a few episodes, a couple of months break, a few more episodes, a month break, a single final episode and then another couple of months break.

Yes, the breaks between episodes seem to cover more and more time lately, don’t they? At this rate we’ll end up not with breaks between LS episodes, but with LS episodes between breaks.
Also, i’m not so optimistic as you are – i’m pretty sure the break will happen, and that’s the reason why they extended the SW grind even more (and using really cheap tricks, like dividing bladders into 2 pieces).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November