When people view your topic

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Direngrey.8376

Direngrey.8376

When people view your topic and not say anything at all. What is the point of even viewing it?

Posted by: Sheer.7529

Sheer.7529

To see what the topic is about. The title of the thread can only give so much information; depending on the first post, they may choose to respond or to not respond. Or, if you’re like me, you’re just curious to see what the community is discussing.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

To see what the topic is about. The title of the thread can only give so much information; depending on the first post, they may choose to respond or to not respond. Or, if you’re like me, you’re just curious to see what the community is discussing.

Not to mention you get the people who have titles such as “ANet should…”, “Meta Events” and “It’s A Trap!”, giving no to little indication what the thread is about.

What are you suppose to derive from titles like this?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

It would help developers parse through the hundreds of threads of posts worth of feedback if people would use descriptive, concise thread titles. Thread titles consisting of half sentences (i.e. “I think that…”) or titles that are too vague (i.e. “Skills”) are really not helpful. Those sorts of titles give no indication of what a thread is about, so most readers will simply skip them.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

(edited by Regina Buenaobra.6193)

Posted by: poziix.7285

poziix.7285

Did you just have a keyboard malfunction? Using the letter next to the one actually intended?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Most people on forums are lurkers not posters. Some people read but never post. They want information but don’t feel qualified to give information. Sometimes I’ll read a thread, see what I want to say has already been said and not type a reply. Sometimes I have no reply to give.

No one is obligated to reply on a forum but reading a post can still inform them.

Posted by: Direngrey.8376

Direngrey.8376

It would help developers parse through the hundreds of threads of posts worth of feedback if people would use descriptive, concise thread titles. Thread titles consisting of half sentences (i.e. “I think that…”) or titles that are too vague (i.e. “Skills”) are really not helpful. Those sorts of titles give no indication of what a thread is about, so most readers will simply skip them.

It’s just that some of the answers I get are based from the ones I get from the community, and it sometimes bring me down when I see a thread will have 500 views but 0 comments.

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

It’s be helpful if titles weren’t cut off mid-sentence.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

In my opinion, the 45 character limit (including spaces) for thread titles is too short.

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

Sometimes I read through a thread and realise all that I wanted to say has been said by someone else, or a collection of various other posters. There isn’t often a need to repeat a statement in such cases unless there appears to be an overwhelming disparity between the two or more sides of an argument such that people begin to make claims as “everyone agrees that…”

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I frequently look at threads expecting (based on the title) the thread to be about something that interests me, only to find that it was about something else about which I have no opinion. Rather than throw in my $.02 when I don’t know what I am writing about, I leave the thread.

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

When people view your topic and not say anything at all. What is the point of even viewing it?

i tend to find i read people topics to see what they are thinking about the game and things… but usually buy the time i get to the bottom of the thread someone has already replied saying what i was gonna say, so i find i dont need to post.

(altho sometimes i just read the OP and reply to that but not often)

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

If a constructive response is not possible, I will not respond to the thread. An OP often thinks that having 2000 replies means he is right, even if 1800 of those replies disagree with him cfr. the “9000 post topic”.

Posting also bumps a topic back to the top. A thread I don’t agree with should not be bumped. As soon as a thread is on the second page, it is effectively dead.

By doing this, I can help keep positive, constructive topics on the first page, and avoid giving false credibility to troll topics.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

It would help developers parse through the hundreds of threads of posts worth of feedback if people would use descriptive, concise thread titles. Thread titles consisting of half sentences (i.e. "I think that...") or titles that are too vague (i.e. "Skills") are really not helpful. Those sorts of titles give no indication of what a thread is about, so most readers will simply skip them.

Wow, so why all devs still ignoring both of my threads about Flamethrower suggestions and Combat chat but you have answered in the thread with the "too vague" name like this one?

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

I created a post a while back, something like trouble reporting bots – not exactly sure of the title, but it was pretty specific. It was closed before any forum members could comment on the issue AND that thing that I’m not supposed to talk about happened.

How can we possibly be open and descriptive when we get our forum-fingers slapped all the time?

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Sometimes I read a thread but everything I’d have added has already been said. Or I don’t have an answer for the question(s) posed.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

If I responded to even one tenth of the posts I read, I would be permanently banned from the forums.

There is a permanent impression of my face in the palm of my left hand.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I agree completely. I’ll also add that I think the character limit is too small.

My boss tells me I need to be concise with my corporate emails, which I am working on…carrying that into the forums here I TRY to be concise. But in order to give the audience a clear definition of what the topic is about, I need more space to type!

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

I often only read a topic but do not feel the need to post anything, either because someone else expessed my opinion, or because I have no definite opinion on the topic at all, or even because I’m not so interested in the topic that I feel the need to express my own opinion, or because I expressed my opinion on a certain thing often enough, so that I do not want to cook up everything again or because I just want to stalk a topic for pure entertainment. I think these are reasons enough NOT to post in every topic and make pages long threads with the same opinions expressed in different words.

When I feel I have to contribute something usefull to the topic I post. Like now

Posted by: Bonefield.9813

Bonefield.9813

Wow, so why all devs still ignoring both of my threads about Flamethrower suggestions and Combat chat but you have answered in the thread with the “too vague” name like this one?

Regina is not in charge of the parts of the game that encompass either of your suggestions. ArenaNet employees answer when they can, and don’t when they can’t. Your threads are not being especially ignored out of hundreds of threads also authored by people who think their suggestions are really, really important and deserve developer attention.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Wow, so why all devs still ignoring both of my threads about Flamethrower suggestions and Combat chat but you have answered in the thread with the “too vague” name like this one?

Look at her title. Not a dev.