When the last time you felt thrilled in PvE?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

First time I did Dragon Stand. I love the battle, and I love a fully coordinated map.

Definitely this as well. I can hardly stand that map any more, but the first time fighting the Mouth of Mordremoth was amazing.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Pre-patch TD Nuhoc lane. I had 1 kill prior to the Nuhoc nodule spawn “fix”, and 4-5 kills after that, but prior to the Nuhoc scaling “fix”. Despite the frustration of the failures, each success was meaningful. Modern TD feels hollow when a semi-organized pug can kill Nuhoc in phase 1.

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

just now. Anet’s valentine’s day present fell into my hands, I love you too Anet. My first ever precursor and it is a dusk.

Attachments:

gaem not made for mi
===========

Posted by: EvilZombie.6801

EvilZombie.6801

i always enjoy the game UNTIL toxic players came and said nub i hate you this and that you should do yourself a favour and check on metabattle.

yeah sure i cant play the game the way i want it, thx “SMART kitten ”

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

TLDR: I get excited by content, not drops. I’ve never gotten a precursor from a drop, and most people haven’t either.

I used to get thrills from the loot drop in PvE in other MMORPG…The one and only time I got a precursor…was about 2 years ago.

This is a bit bait-and-switch. I seriously don’t expect thrills from a video game EVER in drops. I expect that out of content.

When was the last time you actually felt thrilled playing PvE?

HoT. The gliding is seriously the best thing this game has added since launch. When they announced it was being added to core Tyria, I actually had DREAMS about it. Not kidding about that.

I got introduced to WvW and never looked back.

[/quote]

Totally understand that – I love WvW too. Anyone that doesn’t do WvW and thinks they’ve achieved some kind of “end game” is completely unaware of some of this game’s BEST content.

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Last time I felt ‘thrilled’ in pve was when I defeated the chak gerent for the first time back when it was extremely difficult. Before that it was when I beat dragon’s stand for the first time. The only things that I really feel like that for in pve are huge world bosses that require organisation and I think it is such a shame that so many of them are so easy now. I also had the same feeling when I watched the HoT cinematic after you complete the final episode of living world season 2. In fact that was the single best feeling i have ever had in the game, watching that cutscenes, though I am not sure that can be counted as a pve moment.
That said I get the same feeling in pvp all the time. Just today I won a game on foefire 500-497 with a lord rush that I ended up completing while I was in the down state and the last person alive on the Lord (if I died then the game was lost). It feels amazing to win games like that, especially in ranked when it is available and I hope that pve will be able to give me that feeling again in future.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I used to get thrills from the loot drop in PvE in other MMORPG.
Farming NPCs, finding a valuable drop and whooping with joy.

GW2’s PvE?
The one and only time I got a precursor (worth about 300g at that time) was about 2 years ago.
TWO YEARS AGO.
THAT WAS THE LAST TIME I WHOOPED WITH JOY OVER A LOOT.
ever since then, I’ve never gotten a loot drop that was worth more than 50 gold.
The drop rate for valuables is really sad.

This is the only place in GW2 where I can feel thrilled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrwY7C26mzY

I admit that getting a nice drop is fun, but I’d hardly call it “thrilling.”

In recent times, this game thrilled me:

• When I unlocked gliding for Magus Falls.
  • Last week, when I unlocked no-endurance gliding.
  • Last month, when core Tyria gliding was released.
  • Seeing City of Tarir for the first time. Entering the guild hall for the first time (both of them).
  • Gliding in world boss fights, especially vs the new Shattererererererer.
  • 4-5 times during the HoT story (especially the final fight).
  • My first 3-4 times in Dragon Stand meta.
  • My first time in the TD meta.
  • Seeing the new borderland maps in WvW (playing them would be fun…if there were more people who played them).

That’s just off the top of my head.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

All the time… and I still haven’t bought HoT.

~EW

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

The thrill is gone
The thrill is gone away
You know you done me wrong…
And you’ll be sorry someday

Oh I’m free, free, free now
I’m free from your spell
And now that it’s all over
All I can do is wish you well

So true. Nice post.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

I used to get thrills from the loot drop in PvE in other MMORPG.
Farming NPCs, finding a valuable drop and whooping with joy.

GW2’s PvE?
The one and only time I got a precursor (worth about 300g at that time) was about 2 years ago.
TWO YEARS AGO.
THAT WAS THE LAST TIME I WHOOPED WITH JOY OVER A LOOT.
ever since then, I’ve never gotten a loot drop that was worth more than 50 gold.
The drop rate for valuables is really sad.

This is the only place in GW2 where I can feel thrilled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrwY7C26mzY

Lucky you for getting such good loot. Nothing I have looted comes close to 50 gold, let alone a precursor. So lucky you.

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Last time I was thrilled in PVE was when I discovered you could glide in snowball illusion and carrying a bomb in the Mouth of Mordy event

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

i think when i realized what i was doing wrong in hot and stopped dying but im thinking when i get precursor drop i got all the materials to finish any legendary but not the precursor right now im saving to buy the precursor so maybe the day when i got enough to do that

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

About half an hour ago when I had my first successful TT run (post reset group = <3) which gave me my first ascended armour drop. I was more happy with the 2 MPs I got than the loot.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Let me tell you when I felt thrilled playing PvE. It was in the first Guild Wars. Post-searing event. Scorched land, burned villages. Alien world shrouded in grey cloud. Where am I? I can’t go there alone, can I? I recruited henchmen from city and set out to explore the dark world. Bit by bit I was uncovering the map that seemed it would take forever to fully explore. Everywhere I went there was something that I missed. What’s around that nook over there? Fights were fierce encounters where I had to take care of my party. After traveling quite a distance I would stumble upon an outpost and this filled me with joy. I’d unlock new skills and could design different builds to fit situations. I loved Guild Wars. Absolutely loved it.

(edited by Zenith.6403)

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

wow….seriously?

u posted that video in wvw while using another guild as topic, it got deleted
now u posted this video while using another thing as topic….
u really want to increase that video viewership that much?

wowser…

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Irina.7418

Irina.7418

Not the last time, but the most thrilling experience for me was the first time i soloed mai trin. It was on lvl 9 only, due to a bug, i was left alone in the instance and nobody could join me. I was definitely a bad player, but i had to solo her if i wanted the reward. I was on my mesmer, and it took a few wipes to make me understand her attacks and how to avoid everything. Before soloing her, i had actually no idea what she did. Everytime i did it, it was “everyone run around randomly and try to stay alive”. In the end, i managed to down her after something like a bit more than one hour. I was SO proud of myself! It was my first solo in gw2, and even if it was only on a lvl 9, i found it really hard!

It made me realise that, if you want to be a better player in pve, you should definitely try to solo group contents. Since this day, i don’t think i ever died against mai trin.

After this experience, i tried to solo Arah P2. I was getting chain killed by lupicus for something like 5 hours, but i found it fun. It was enjoyable to feel that i was getting better every time i got killed. Thrilling fight, really. After 5 hours, i gave up. Came back a few days later and killed him after a few more hours. That feeling, when you beat something that killed you an insane amount of time!

So, yeah, i never felt that thrilled with a drop. I got Storm once, was a bit happy about it but not THAT happy. It was cool, but nothing compared to soloing a boss, feeling that after playing for a few hours, i became a slightly better player.

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

thrill from loot?
nope, never
the only game I’ve ever played where loot offered any thrill was Ragnarok Online. but in that game, every piece of gear was unique. For the benefit of people who haven’t played it, to compare it to this game, it would be as if every piece of gear were a 6th rune bonus, rather than a ball of stats, and every rune to add to said gear were also a 6th rune (or a grandmaster trait).

but thrill from the actual gameplay, yes. I love doing high level fractals, for instance.

(edited by reikken.4961)

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

So expensive loot is the only thing that makes you thrilled in games? Hm, weird…

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

When I go into an area with many enemies with my engineer and try to survive as long as possible. When the first ones are down the next one respawn behind my back. It’s a bit like in GTAV, when I enter the subway with 5 stars and see how long I can survive with my guns and grenades. (Wow, the analogy^^)

Also, wenn I have some enemy/team fight I pick alone. It takes forever and multiple attempts because I have to flee, but still, I have only 7 deaths yet and I do not want to die, so I am thrilled. If I’d go save all the time (making the fights boring on purpose) of course I’d not be thrilled………..

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Ancient Karka because I thought it was a cool/epic fight that was a war against an unstoppable enemy, and it’s literally the only thing to ever drop something valuable for me in my 6352 playtime (The Lover, which I sold for Spark). It also gave 20 slot bags instead of something useless like Rox’s Treat Bag.

If only the servers were actually prepared for something like that beforehand. XD
It was a total mess and needed polish like most things in the LS that are never tested before release, but the idea was still cool. I also love Karka and Southsun in general and wish there were more island-aquatic stuff in general. I’m still disappointed the underwater radius of the island is so small and uneventful and nothing of it has been expanded.

I liked the LS stuff overall despite the lack of testing, loads of bugs and beta-like mechanics that need tweaked soon after… and it’s even better now that it’s not forever lost afterwards (storybook). So yeah, the game hasn’t been as interesting without it now.

PS: Actually seeing Mordremoth for the first time was actually pretty Thrilling. Had no idea he was going to be so huge. Probably highest point in seeing something amazing outa the xpan.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.