When we will be able to sell asc materials?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: maciora.9542

maciora.9542

For someone that does not craft having few piles of 250 asc mat, just take space in chest…

Is there any reason why we can not sell them on BL as normal materials?

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Oh heavens no. That would be convenient.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

There are many reaons why you cant sell them.
If you are sure to never craft, you can destroy them.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

For someone that does not craft having few piles of 250 asc mat, just take space in chest…

they represent the part of ascended thats not meant to be bought, being in BL would defeat their purpose.

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

For the love of grenth please, hell I would be absolutely thrilled if they added a trader offered a spike for a stack.

Unless you don’t care about asc or are already done with crafting it, then you don’t quite the silly problem. You aren’t forced to craft ascended items but we are gonna give you ascended mats, they can’t be traded nor vendored. They are gonna be rewarded for everything you do as well as added into your loot table.

Kill world boss, do a dungeon, Jp, kill a champ – here have asc mat, asc mat asc mat and guess what asc mat.

Maybe can get a break roaming in wvw, ooooh a rare steel chest – asc mat

Sob…. Maybe some peace in opening containers – nope surprise mothertrucka !!!!!! Asc mat.

Yeah you can destroy them Which I’ve done with countless dragonite, empyeral, and cursed bloodstone. It’s funny, so easy to say just destroy it but ask for mere value for those that don’t care about asc and it’s…… Lol

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

yup- I don’t want to craft ascended anything and yet I get the stupid mats- let me vendor them if you don’t want it on the tp

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I agree they could have some other use, at the very least vendor, no one really likes throwing stuff away.

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

I also have zero interest in ascended anything (i spend all my laurels on dyes and that nifty cat potion was the only other thing i wanted) and i dont want anything to do with those joke weapons known as legendaries.

I would be happy just to be able to throw all these annoying mats into the mystic forge and get a minor rune of krait back.

Selling them to players that actually want them would be a dream come true (not really but i want to exagerate).

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

I’ve got a bank tab dedicated to ascended materials. Would love it if we could sell them.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Let us vendor them for a few copper T.T

Wanze.8410

The resilience of people to just dump them, if they dont want them, is mind boggling.

Posted by: Ozoug.4158

Ozoug.4158

When A-net can make money from it

GW2: A-E-I-O-U and sometimes Yzoug.
DaoC: R11 Skald

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

The resilience of people to just dump them, if they dont want them, is mind boggling.

Hoarder mentality:

I might want to craft ascended gear… someday.

They might be needed to make a Legendary weapon… someday.

If they change their minds and I can sell them, I’ll make tons of money… someday.

Wanze.8410

Hoarder mentality:

I might want to craft ascended gear… someday.

They might be needed to make a Legendary weapon… someday.

If they change their minds and I can sell them, I’ll make tons of money… someday.

I have no problem with people hoarding them for future use, thats perfectly fine. But dont come to the forums then and complain that you run out of space.

They will never make those tradeable for many reasons and i have yet to find a valid reason why they should. Live with it and get on with your day.

tolunart.2095

That’s the whiner mentality.

Someone grows up always getting their way by bugging his parents until they get tired of hearing it and give in. As an adult he thinks that all he has to do is keep saying “I want this” and eventually he’ll get it. That is why there are new threads about the same subjects every week.

Posted by: hellsmachine.4085

hellsmachine.4085

That’s the whiner mentality.

Someone grows up always getting their way by bugging his parents until they get tired of hearing it and give in. As an adult he thinks that all he has to do is keep saying “I want this” and eventually he’ll get it. That is why there are new threads about the same subjects every week.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. That’s why we have gear grind instead of horizontal progression. Because some people kept crying for a “carrot on a stick”.

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

They should either do 1 of two things:
1. make an ‘auto-destroy’ option so that u dont get ascended mats that takes up bag space when u have no use for it
2. ascended mats should be a special catagory inside ‘collectibles’. specifically, have like a couple stacks max (i.e. 1000) that u can store in the bank, not just one stack.

Arun Kar

tolunart.2095

2. ascended mats should be a special catagory inside ‘collectibles’. specifically, have like a couple stacks max (i.e. 1000) that u can store in the bank, not just one stack.

Already in place, you just have to buy the stack expansion. I think this is a hint that the new path to a precursor will involve collecting 500+ stacks of crafting materials.

tolunart.2095

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. That’s why we have gear grind instead of horizontal progression. Because some people kept crying for a “carrot on a stick”.

The problem with this is that forum posters don’t realize that no one at the company really pays attention to these posts. It’s already assumed that the disgruntled and entitled will come here to complain that they don’t get everything handed to them on a silver platter, so the devs don’t really take the forum complaints into consideration when making changes to the game.

They have other, more reliable ways of collecting information and feedback than listening to whomever shouts the loudest. If they really made changes based on the forums, we’d end up with a very different game. Once in a while changes that are already in progress happen to coincide with someone’s posted complaints, and that person feels like he inspired the changes to the game. But those changes were already in progress months before he posted, and in fact the devs probably never even read the complaints.

There was a post to that effect leaked via Reddit or somesuch from a private forum a few months ago, and the uproar over someone stating unequivocally that the majority of forum posts are considered just noise seems to have led to the CDI program. Whether any real changes will come from it has yet to be seen, but at least they are making an effort to separate the wheat from the chaff.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

Posted by: hellsmachine.4085

hellsmachine.4085

Sure… vertical progression/gear grind was their master plan all along and the fact some people kept asking for it was merely a coincidence… I know this because I heard about it from a leaked reddit post or some such….

tolunart.2095

And the forums exploded with outrage and demands to take away the vp gear. So of course they backed off from it and never released any more ascended gear.