When will Guild Management/Halls be released?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Tl; dr: If you do not desire Guild Management/Halls, this is NOT a post directed at you

When I first got into GW1, Nightfall was just introduced, so Guild Halls already existed and I was spared the wait for their arrival.

After reading the recent excerpts from the Devs. relating to Guild Management/Halls, despite the continuous vocal begging and pleading, ANet has stated that it continues to consider upgrading Guild Management and Guild Hall introduction as a low priority.

Personally I would be willing to give up 2 months of Living Story releases (i.e. 2 Living Story Teams each freeing up 4 weeks of development time) or 8 weeks of full team development time to make the experience for Guilds of ALL sizes enjoyable. I say All sizes to remove the option of comments about the Guild Mission release, whose Merit system yielded exclusion of small to medium size guilds.

• For those of you who played the first Guild Wars, do you remember when Guild Halls were first introduced? Specifically, I was wondering if anyone recalls how long after GW Prophecies was launched before they introduced Guild Halls?
  • For current Guild Leaders(Excluding one person Personal Guilds), when Guild Management/Halls are released, will you be establishing a Guild Hall?
  • For ANet, please move Guild Management/Halls up to the front burner, stoke the fire and let’s get cooking.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

From the Eurogamer Expo

Q: Guild halls/housing
A: Can’t really say, it is on list of things we love to bring to the game. We are always listening.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1n6kui/eurogamer_expo_livestream_notes/

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yeah i read that too. That is kinda what inspired the post in the first place.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Awwww … *grabs more coffee

Yeah, would be nice. I’m not losing hope yet. They did work on and added some nice features so far.

I second the 2 months, but I’m not sure if those are the same ‘guys’ that would be working on it.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I am a leader of a guild on JQ and I would give a month of LS to get a guild hall but whether or not we get one depends on how it is aquired. Our guild voted to not do guild missions because the ammount of influence is too much compared to the rewards we would get. If the halls require merit we will sadly not be getting one.

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Agreed Silver. My guild only has 18 members and if it requires guild merits then we will be left out of this content too, like we were for Guild Missions.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I am a Guild Leader, and, for me, it would also depend on how the Guild Hall was to be acquired. If it takes an enormous amount of influence, then I’m sure it would be years before we had one.

As for timing, the LFG tool was asked for quite vocally for some time, and nothing really concrete was mentioned about it by the Devs until it was close to release. Perhaps, it will be the same with Halls/housing.

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

I’m thinking that too. There have been multiple guild hall/personal housing threads in the past week, and the question has been posed to devs regularly at their live events recently. They’ve listened to us in the past when things came up regularly, so hopefully this is no different and we see something soon.

Posted by: Mageric.8610

Mageric.8610

Guild halls were added a month or so after GW1 was released but we were able to view 4 of them before they were available.

Before GW2 was released they said that halls would be be available later on but then in a later interview they said guild halls were now a low priority

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

The right question is not “when” but “will”.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

If they release GvG with the Guild Halls like they did in GW then they should be fairly easy to get. Something tells me that GvG may be the reason that Guild Halls are “A low priority”. They would need to perfect the GvG before they were to give us Guild Halls.

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

This kind of stuff should be core, quality-of-life game content. The amount of content this would give guilds to complete together would be incredible and add another layer to the game. Imagine being able to pick the look/structure of your GH, and upgrade it, decorate it, add minigames to it etc.

Let guilds build their guild halls from the ground up if they must, but it’s ridiculous that stuff like this is low priority when we see some of the terrible stuff coming out of the LW, and Ascended * shudder *.

Yalora Istairiea.6287

To flesh things out a bit on the subject I will attach links to some of my previous posts on Guild Halls and Guild management.

Guild Halls:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Who-is-still-waiting-for-Guild-Halls/first#post1985949

Guild Management:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Improving-the-guild-system-Long-detailed/first#post2494041

Posted by: Siofra Crumble.2098

Siofra Crumble.2098

I am a leader of a guild on JQ and I would give a month of LS to get a guild hall but whether or not we get one depends on how it is aquired. Our guild voted to not do guild missions because the ammount of influence is too much compared to the rewards we would get. If the halls require merit we will sadly not be getting one.

Agreed Silver. My guild only has 18 members and if it requires guild merits then we will be left out of this content too, like we were for Guild Missions.

My guild has 5 (!) active members (10 members in total) participating in guild bounties, training missions, rushes, treks and since recently, challenges.
I’ve didn’t come here to boast, but I do want to tell you that completing all these guild activities can be done with one full party.

Guild bounties (Tier 1), except for 2-mult, we’ve been able to beat them all with at the most 7 people. Most of them have been successfully done with a single party.
That means tracking two bosses down (no pre-scouting, but we do use the pathing maps) and killing them in 15 minutes. It really does sound harder then it is.
Sure, we get our kitten kicked once out of twenty attempts, especially during our first attempts. All I can say is, we figured out what we did wrong as a group and tried other strategies next time.

Rushes, well, we have 2 members who are insanely good in these missions, so we are able to pass 15 times and successfully end it.

Treks are easy with a guide. You can complete tier 1 solo. We complete the highest tier treks with 4-5 people.

Challenges, I’m not sure yet. We’ve only unlocked these 3 weeks ago, so we have done two of them so far (Southsun and defending the skritt). We have been successful in both attempts.

Guild puzzles is next on the list, but we haven’t gotten there yet.

Please, make no mistake. You do not need a “guildzerg” to complete guild missions.
You really don’t. We are all people with a life, have jobs and a household. We are not what some may define as hardcore. We don’t even use voice-chat. It’s that bad.
Doing the missions with a small group does require a tight knit group. You’ll really need to get your heads together and come up with a group build.
Define roles, play smart. Don’t try to zerk everything down.

We are currently at 235/250 merits again with a meagre 3130 influence.
Merits are the easy part. Influence is much harder to acquire.
There are training missions for that, but it’s not enough since those tend to grow dull pretty fast. I’d love to see more guild stuff tied into influence gain.

As for guild halls, I’m sure all my guildmates would give all their in-game gold for one.
Let it cost merits, but go easy on the influence. Unless you’ll give us more ways to gain influence with small numbers.

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Challenges, I’m not sure yet. We’ve only unlocked these 3 weeks ago, so we have done two of them so far (Southsun and defending the skritt). We have been successful in both attempts.

Guild puzzles is next on the list, but we haven’t gotten there yet.

No boast in here since this missions are pretty doable with 1-2 groups, of course it will be harder to do some things but the bounty bosses aren’t that hard to kill (even Komali is recommended for 1 group only, can certify that she is).

For challenges and puzzles, I’m afraid that for some you’ll need a lot of people. “Save the supplies!” needs some dedicated roaming groups to kill the Stalkers as well as being able to hold 2 fronts.

However it is possible, if guild halls get released I would like them to use merits for upgrades and unlocking, since as you said merits are the easy part and we have tons T_T

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Retasking thread back to:
Saving Guild Mission subject for another thread

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

All we can say for the time being is… it’s not off the table..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

On MattVisual’s interview with Colin Johanson, Mr. Johanson said that the Guild Halls and Housing are in development but they don’t want to release them just yet. Arena Net seem to be adding more features to it, so there is not ETA for them. Just stay tuned.