Iehova.9518

Soon™.

Calling it.

When will the patch be released? [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Preyar.6783

Preyar.6783

My guess – tomorrow (as usual)

Last patch came at 10:00 pm GMT+1. So why “as usual”?! Because this never happened before.

This. I’m hoping for it to happen at 10:00 pm GMT+1 again.

Wondrous Achiever \o/

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

How many of these threads will be starts today?

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

I can wait,but i would like to see the official patch notes tbh.

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

Probably 11:59:59 PM / 23:59

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Hahaha, this is actually the most fun part on patch day. The whole “when will it drop” anticipation. Some get angry: “Grrr, stop demanding stuff and be happy you’re getting stuff”, while others mull the issue over in confusion.

Over here it’s almost 14:00 and the patch is probably still a long ways off. I was able to start downloading the January patch around midnight, and the download took a few hours. So, I’m really not holding my breath, I’ll only get it the 27th, and since I’ll be indisposed from 9 till 8, I’ll probably only experience the patch the 28th.

Yay Europe…

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

Soon™.

Calling it.

When it’s ready.

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Last patch came at reset which is 12 hours from now. I would assume then unless told otherwise.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

They can’t realistically give a time because it depends on a lot of different factors.

How do pretty much all the other MMO companies out there manage to do what ANet can’t in your opinion then ?

Because of the way the patching works in GW2 I don’t think its that big of a deal, giving specific times of the day well beforehand is certainly possible though and there are several hundreds of pieces of evidence provided by Blizzard, SOE, FunCom, CCP etc.

Isn’t Blizzard still using that ancient technology where they have to take their servers down for like an entire day every time they deploy a patch?

OP, it is now 4am PST on the 26th in Seattle time which is where ANet offices are located. That gives us a window of anytime in the next 20 hours. I imagine the ANet team is cozy in their beds atm, so I wouldn’t look for anything in the next 5 hours or so – anything is possible in the 15 hours following that.

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Ahh man 4am? Why arent you too sleeping?
Here is 1pm, so in 2 hours I’m going home from work and will be patiently (playing) waiting for patch.
And I agree, this is the best part of patch day, sadly there isnt so many topics like in January.

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

There is no time frame for today’s patch at the moment. You can stay tuned through our official channels : FacebookTwitterOfficial WebsiteForums.

Thank you for your understanding.

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Im thinking… somewhere between now and infinity!

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Personal guess: 8am seattle time the patch is pushed and the rest of the work day is used to monitor immediate issues.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Karizee.8076

This should clear up any timezone questions:

http://everytimezone.com/

Posted by: Gothdir.8953

Gothdir.8953

Wow advertising 26.2. and then just do nothing, not even commenting on it(and no saying there is no time frame isnt an info…). Fail.

Khazâd ai-mênu!

Karizee.8076

Wow advertising 26.2. and then just do nothing, not even commenting on it(and no saying there is no time frame isnt an info…). Fail.

It’s only 7 am pst on the 26th in ANet land. They are probably just waking up

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

When they say 26/02, they mean in their time location, in NA. In Europe, always assume the patch comes not the announced day, but the day after.
I think there was only one exception, that is 28 Junuary patch. Everything else followed this “rule”.
Consider the good point : you wake up and have a lot to read about what’s new !
Drawback is you have a bad night because you’re afraid of nerfs ha ha. (/joke)

Posted by: Mrowqa.3861

Mrowqa.3861

The problem with Anet patch isn’t patch itself But patch notes.

People are more curious about what patch will actually bring rather then patch going live itself.

Anet doesn’t release patch notes untill patch is aviable via download thats why there are so many questions about patch.

The only thing I don’t understand is why to keep patch notes a secret.

Blizzard for exmaple releases patch notes for further patches ( even those 2-3 months away ) as soon as they get an Idea to implement something.

So In case of blizzard You know patch notes, and stuff that will come with them LONG before patch will go live.

And thats a problem in this case.

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

I expect the update when i get home from work tommorow.
I know from last updates that when update is on tuesday arenanet time.
It’ll be the next day for me (gmt+1)

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

Posted by: Gothdir.8953

Gothdir.8953

Well then they should change the german page because it clearly states 26 and not 26 in usa, what do i care about the patching time in usa, when i live in europe?

I played a lot of mmos but so far gw 2 takes the spot when it comes ot terrible patching or better, patching communications.

Go to Wow, Lotro or DCU theyre allways pretty accurate. I mean there is allways something that can go wrong so that it takes longer but then you can communicate and please communicate the right timeframe for the right timezone, cant be to hard.

You cant have a page say 26 in german (or whatever language) and then expect people to know that its actually not 26 but 27 because they meant US timezone. O.o

Im not that bothered by it since i just brought skyrim dragonborn dlc but it makes Anet look like beginners while they are actually in the buisness like forever.

Khazâd ai-mênu!

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

People are more curious about what patch will actually bring rather then patch going live itself.

Anet doesn’t release patch notes untill patch is aviable via download thats why there are so many questions about patch.

Blizzard for exmaple releases patch notes for further patches ( even those 2-3 months away ) as soon as they get an Idea to implement something.

So In case of blizzard You know patch notes, and stuff that will come with them LONG before patch will go live.

I see it the complete opposite…I’d rather they publish notes after the patch gets implemented so that we know exactly what is in the patch as opposed to what they think or hope will be in the patch. This way there’s no issue with an item on the patch notes not making it into the patch.

EDIT: For others that are complaining about GW2 patching process…I’d much prefer this method over having the servers come down for the entire day. Doesn’t seem very amateurish to me but rather innovative. Is it perfect? Not by any means but it’s certainly the best (READ: Quickest & Easiest) method that I’ve ever experienced in an MMO.

This sentence is false.

(edited by BioFringe.7945)

Posted by: JonSnow.5610

JonSnow.5610

Go to Wow, Lotro or DCU theyre allways pretty accurate. I mean there is allways something that can go wrong so that it takes longer but then you can communicate and please communicate the right timeframe for the right timezone, cant be to hard.

First off, Lotro or Turbine rather is really bad at communicating to the player base. Yes they announce their downtime, but they have no other choice because they have to bring the servers down.

Anet can update the live servers. They said it will arrive today on the 26th, keeping in mind that they are in Washington DC (Pacific Time). It will probably be in the late evening that we in Europe get the update.

I don’t understand why people complain about this way, I appreciate this much more than lotro bringing their servers down for infinite times and leave bugs in there until the next update…

The timeframe for holiday events isn’t shorter or longer for European players, so relax and enjoy the game

Many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?
Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise can not see all ends

Mrowqa.3861

It would be more clear to just state it like this

NA – 26th
EU – 27th

because If they say that patch is 26th most People, and most common sense tell You that patch should go Live on 26th. So EU should have patch midday Accordin to EU timezone and not wait whole day – while wasting that day because we don’t get patch and have to wait for NA to kick in.

I would love to see this working other way. Forcing NA to wait 1 more day for patch while EU would have it faster. Guess americans have to be first and put thier terms on everything :>

It’s not that I have something against waiting ! I just want to see those patch notes already

BioFringe.7945

NA – 26th
EU – 27th

because If they say that patch is 26th most People, and most common sense tell You that patch should go Live on 26th. So EU should have patch midday Accordin to EU timezone and not wait whole day – while wasting that day because we don’t get patch and have to wait for NA to kick in.

I would love to see this working other way. Forcing NA to wait 1 more day for patch while EU would have it faster. Guess americans have to be first and put thier terms on everything :>

Sure, they could state that it would be the 27th for EU but is that really necessary? Do people from EU really have such a difficult time figuring out that if a U.S. based company says the 26th then it will probably be the 27th in EU?

Why the snide American comment? You’re playing a U.S. based game. I wouldn’t in a million years consider making snide remarks about people simply because they get something in their country first, from a company within their own country. That just seems rude.

This sentence is false.

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Expect it to come late in the day on the 26th, PST time, as is the norm with previous patches.

As of this post, it’s still about 16 1/2 hours until midnight PST time. Between now and then, you’ll probably get it. Usually it’s on the late end of the day.

Azjenco.9425

Sure, they could state that it would be the 27th for EU but is that really necessary? Do people from EU really have such a difficult time figuring out that if a U.S. based company says the 26th then it will probably be the 27th in EU?

I think it would be good if they did it for clarity’s sake. It’s true that Europeans can just work out the time for themselves, but would it be all that bad to do it just to keep everyone informed and happy?

BioFringe.7945

I think it would be good if they did it for clarity’s sake. It’s true that Europeans can just work out the time for themselves, but would it be all that bad to do it just to keep everyone informed and happy?

Like I said…sure. I don’t see a problem with clarity. My only problem is when people stop thinking for themselves and expect someone else to make things easier for them.

For example: If you live on the East coast of U.S. would you expect a movie theater on the West Coast to list there times in a manner such that they cover all time zones? It would certainly clarify exactly when their movies will start for anyone that might be interested in knowing regardless of where they live but is it really necessary?

That was my question…is it really necessary?

This sentence is false.

Posted by: Zen.4678

Zen.4678

Anet can update the live servers. They said it will arrive today on the 26th, keeping in mind that they are in Washington DC state (Pacific Time). It will probably be in the late evening that we in Europe get the update.

DC is East Coast (EST), state is West Coast (PST)

Mrowqa.3861

NA – 26th
EU – 27th

Why the snide American comment? You’re playing a U.S. based game. I wouldn’t in a million years consider making snide remarks about people simply because they get something in their country first, from a company within their own country. That just seems rude.

You clearly did not see sarcasm in there

Posted by: Yaos.4528

Yaos.4528

It will release exactly 5 minutes before reset.

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

The problem is GW2 does not have a PTS, so there is no reason to release the patch notes before patch day. The only reason to release early would be so they can be tested on the test server.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

BioFringe.7945

You clearly did not see sarcasm in there

No, sorry. It wasn’t evident to me considering the non-sarcastic route is how these sort of threads tend to devolve. No offense intended = No offense taken. Peace.

This sentence is false.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

NA – 26th
EU – 27th

It’s not that I have something against waiting ! I just want to see those patch notes already

I think maybe you should do some reading on Time Zones… The patch launches at the exact same time for everyone in the world. No one has to wait longer then anyone else…

Mrowqa.3861

NA – 26th
EU – 27th

I think maybe you should do some reading on Time Zones… The patch launches at the exact same time for everyone in the world. No one has to wait longer then anyone else…

In a way Your right, but still If we ( EU ) want to enojy patch in it’s first few hours we have to stay awake whole night up being kinda tired next day, while those who are barely waking up and getting patch it’s normal play day for em

Still as I said, it’s not like im having a problem with it just can’t wait for patch notes

Posted by: Latria.4871

Latria.4871

I’m placing my bets on sometime soon after 7pm EST. That’s when the dailies reset and with new system of choosing what you’d like to do coming ,I’ll bet any progress you’ve made with the old system will be lost

If they do it before that and peeps don’t finish their dailies and lose out on their laurels because of the patch, I can guarantee the ANET forums will be flooded with complaints and demands for redress shortly after…lol

(edited by Latria.4871)

Posted by: Paikea.6790

Paikea.6790

To be honest i would rather have what the European folks have as far as patch times go. They have the option of leaving their computers on over night to download the patch while they sleep and be ready to play as soon as they wake up, get home from work/school w/e (with patch notes already up!) While NA gets hit with the patch during the day and depending on your internet speed could take a long while to download. Then there’s the whole waiting for patch notes thing. Also, its not like a few hours will matter as far as being able to play the new content asap. The bulk of the patch is guild missions which logically your guild will want to do when there are as many people online as possible, and considering most people join guilds with members on similar time zones it shouldn’t be that big of a deal people.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

When the audience is worldwide, yes, it would be nice to mention it. Because Kids with the game in their not-English-language don’t know the product is from US. So they go to their wiki ( http://wiki-fr.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flamme_et_froid , http://wiki-de.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flamme_und_Frost:_Der_aufziehende_Sturm , http://wiki-es.guildwars2.com/wiki/Llama_y_escarcha:_Tormenta_inminente ) and each of those mentions the 26 of Februari in their language. So while you can (discutably) argue about Spanish for Spanish-speaking people in the USA, or French-Canadians, there’s no really point to say to German-speaking) people (who mostly live in Europe, except some Amish people who… oh wait, no, they don’t play video games) that their game will be released on Feb 26th when they actually will be able to play it on the 27th.

So yes, the communication can and should be improved.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

BioFringe.7945

When the audience is worldwide, yes, it would be nice to mention it. Because Kids with the game in their not-English-language don’t know the product is from US. So they go to their wiki ( http://wiki-fr.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flamme_et_froid , http://wiki-de.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flamme_und_Frost:_Der_aufziehende_Sturm , http://wiki-es.guildwars2.com/wiki/Llama_y_escarcha:_Tormenta_inminente ) and each of those mentions the 26 of Februari in their language. So while you can (discutably) argue about Spanish for Spanish-speaking people in the USA, or French-Canadians, there’s no really point to say to German-speaking) people (who mostly live in Europe, except some Amish people who… oh wait, no, they don’t play video games) that their game will be released on Feb 26th when they actually will be able to play it on the 27th.

So yes, the communication can and should be improved.

You can edit the wiki yourself…no need to wait for someone else to do it. If it bothers you so much then just change it.

This sentence is false.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

The wiki was an example… Check every other communication Anet did in local languages. All of those state the 26th, and I can’t really edit those. Can you?

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

When Its Ready

[WM]give us in game ladder

BioFringe.7945

The wiki was an example… Check every other communication Anet did in local languages. All of those state the 26th, and I can’t really edit those. Can you?

Not trying to argue with you…just going by your examples.

Again, the ability to edit the information to suit your needs via the wiki is there. The ability to think for ourselves should also be present. If neither of those satisfy you and you then expect Anet to change because of it, well have fun with that.

This sentence is false.

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

Hoping for sometime in the next 3 hours, that way I will still be at work when the inevitable crash happens and they’ll have it fixed for me when I get home :P

Posted by: Salacious.7358

Salacious.7358

RELEASE THE HOU——PATCH!!!

Salacious.7358

patch please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Azjenco.9425

Patch notes would be great though.

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Could we get the patch notes?

You can’t make last minute changes by now. :P

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

this thread should also be called “People stuck at work who really want to play”

amirite?

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Salacious.7358

PATCH NOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Im hoping in a few weeks, so that my guild has enough time to catch up with training AoW5 and garner 30k influence to unlock the first bounty mission.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: cipher.7438

cipher.7438

cipher
Hammerfist Clan: http://www.hammerfistclan.com