When will we see new permanent content?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lothefallen.7081

lothefallen.7081

I’m aware that this game makes most of it’s revenue and any extra profit off creating these periodic updates where they only introduce a new skin or flair, but I have felt no compulsion to continue playing since I stopped playing seriously around the time of the LS drop where Scarlet became prominent in the game. I haven’t bought anything since the game launched beyond the Collector’s Edition of the game and I’m not the type of player that spends money on microtransactions of any sort in games like these, so I’m probably the minority here, but I digress.

When can we expect real, substantial updates like new races, new skills, combat system overhauls that don’t have to do with just editing an inherently weak and limiting trait system, new dungeons, or expanded group PvE content that isn’t just a giant, open-world zerg for loot? I’m probably a minority here as well, but I feel no compulsion to continue playing. All 5 of my characters are max level with multiple sets of exotics, some ascended, etc. The guild content is weak and zergy. I’m not a fan of WvW because the combat system doesn’t really champion individual skill or engaging team inter-play, it’s all zerging.

Are real updates on the radar or is ArenaNet just fine to continue with these silly little updates that milk the player base for money in some type of synthetic, competitive bubble where people want what others have and spend because of it?

The Ardent Aegis
http://aa-guild.shivtr.com/

(edited by lothefallen.7081)

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

I’m in the same boat as you – I want to support this game financially. I want to buy content, but it’s not being sold and we’re being given speeches rather than content.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

One of the devs recently revealed in-game that LS season 2 episodes will all be permanent.

http://imgur.com/JL4js7E,o0v29zi,Ifecc7X,rIFD8zE,9WzwG45,IykWPZb,OJwp2vz

Posted by: Slowburn.5319

Slowburn.5319

GW2’s version of perm content is gem store skins…. and they release a lot. This is not going to change.

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

GW2’s version of perm content is gem store skins…. and they release a lot. This is not going to change.

:(

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Posted by: Velimirius.7018

Velimirius.7018

best permanent content u can get are gems lol