When will you remove Crafting Timeout

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

I just found out that I have to wait 2h and 6 min for 15 spools that I have to craft.
WTF is with that… You cant even sell those things, so why would you put a timeout ?
Nobody will flood the market with those items.
So what do you think will be release date for free crafting ?
Why cant we have free crafting on items that cannot be sold on Auction house ?

Attachments:

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

They won’t remove the time gate. Might as well get used to it.

Biohazard.7523

Why do you think they wont ? And why did they even put time gate on crafting ?
Can they at least put Offline Crafting so I dont have to log in or go to the crafting station every 2h and 6 min… ?

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

The cooldown isn’t 2 hours, it’s a daily (resets at daily server reset time). Only ascended materials and charged quartz have this time gate. Not sure what the reasoning behind it is, but it’s been like that since ascended was introduced and they are unlikely to change it just for you.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

I wish they wood. I went ahead and gathered up all the materials to make my bow. Then low and behold, slapped in the face with a time gate :/ As it stands right now, I have another four days to finish crafting spirit wood for the bow……It makes me wanna pull my hair out.

Biohazard.7523

Can you think of any explanation for putting time gate on crafting ?
Why would they put that..

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

Time gates mean less grinding.

I’d rather wait 30 days for an armor set than farm x hours a day for 30 days to get the armor.

And yes the alternative to time gates would be more grind.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

The time gate lends increased value to the items you’re making. It slows the rate at which they can enter the economy, which in turn allows people to charge more for the finished item on the Trading Post. While your Spool of Silk Weaving Thread can’t be solved on the TP, the Bolt of Damask you go on to make from it can.

This can also be seen in the Plant Food for Mawdrey. If there was no time gate on it, the price for it would be barely more than the sum of its component parts. Because there is a time gate, people are willing to pay more of a premium for the item.

Biohazard.7523

What does grind have to do with crafting time gate ?
I have all the materials, because I collected them first. And then I went crafting that thing..
What is the difference if I have ascended item in 5min or in 15days ?
I dont see any grind there, I see only time crafting.

I have to come on crafting station every day… Was that because of that daily reward system ?
They want people to log in every day, so they can show their boss the statistic of how good their game is, because people are logging in every day.

So now when they have that daily reward and they solved their problem with login.
They can remove that time gate crafting.

Biohazard.7523

Ok you answered the question. Then they poorly designed crafting.
If you cant sell ascended items then dont put time gate on those items, create some items that doesnt use time gate.
If you can sell item that uses time gate then that will impact the market and that item needs time gate.

That designer did a terrible job on crafting ascended item.
I hope that next time they will employ professional people. This is a disgrace and insult for customers

(edited by Biohazard.7523)

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

It’s not just about people logging in. The impact/implications on the economy are the primary reason. It encourages, both, short and longterm stability for buyers, sellers, and crafter’s alike. At least you can skip this, for a premium, and buy your base crafting mats from others on the tradepost though.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

They want people to log in every day, so they can show their boss the statistic of how good their game is, because people are logging in every day.

Now you’re on the right course.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Time gating adds value to the Crafters, you can sell the spiritwood the iron the inscriptions you can sell just about every piece you need to build an ascended Weapon or piece of Armor and that is one place Crafters can make a lot of money, I for one LOVE time gated mats.

Xiahou Mao.9701

If you cant sell ascended items then dont put time gate on those items, create some items that doesnt use time gate.
If you can sell item that uses time gate then that will impact the market and that item needs time gate.

You misread my post. The Spool you get can be sold, once you do the next step and upgrade it to the Bolt of Damask. All the current time gated crafting items that I’m aware of can be sold on the Trading Post, if not immediately then at their next upgrade.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

They also wanted it to take time to get the gear. Because they felt exotics were achieved too quickly.

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

They should remove it for the damask precursor, seeing as clothies get screwed with the increased cost.

dietzero.3514

You also have a lot of ectos.

Xiahou Mao.9701

Alright, I never actually looked at the screenshot he posted. Change all references to ‘Bolt of Damask’ in my above posts to ‘Elonian Leather Square’!

Posted by: BammBamm.6719

BammBamm.6719

What does grind have to do with crafting time gate ?
I have all the materials, because I collected them first. And then I went crafting that thing..
What is the difference if I have ascended item in 5min or in 15days ?
I dont see any grind there, I see only time crafting.

I have to come on crafting station every day… Was that because of that daily reward system ?

So now when they have that daily reward and they solved their problem with login.
They can remove that time gate crafting.

doesnt fit because you already can buy/sell the finished ascended materials. so this whole thread is pointless. its only to keep the ascended mats valuable

dietzero.3514

Damask would be valuable no matter what, because the economist failed to balance cloth properly.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I really hate the idea of time gating in any game, but especially an MMO that doesn’t have a subscription. Time gating in sub-based MMOs makes sense because it artificially inflates the amount of time you have to subscribe to the game (thus increasing sales, which is an abhorrent practice, but that’s a whole other story). Time gating a non-sub game is BS. The only possible purpose is to artificially increase the value of that item on the market.

Posted by: dadoppelny.7945

dadoppelny.7945

The simple explanation for time gateing the mats is that you have to grind a longer time to get your Ascended Gear.
That’s all. Just to make sure you invest more time in the game.
Of course, you could get your Ascended armor set in a day, and you still can, seeing as you can buy all the materials with the right money and some laurels.
On that note: If you wanted to craft ascended things, I guess you already looked up the things you need to craft them. So you probably saw that you will need damast, ghostwood, etc.
Then why didn’t you just start making the ascended materials when you were farming for the materials? Are you telling me you were running around with stacks and stacks and stacks of wood in your inventory, or did you buy ten stack+250 for your bank slots in the gemstore?

Biohazard.7523

The simple explanation for time gateing the mats is that you have to grind a longer time to get your Ascended Gear.
That’s all. Just to make sure you invest more time in the game.
Of course, you could get your Ascended armor set in a day, and you still can, seeing as you can buy all the materials with the right money and some laurels.
On that note: If you wanted to craft ascended things, I guess you already looked up the things you need to craft them. So you probably saw that you will need damast, ghostwood, etc.
Then why didn’t you just start making the ascended materials when you were farming for the materials? Are you telling me you were running around with stacks and stacks and stacks of wood in your inventory, or did you buy ten stack+250 for your bank slots in the gemstore?

I played the game for 2 and a half year, I didnt care about crafting, I collected a lots of items so I can make ascended.
When I would get 1k full stack of ore, I would crafted it to ingot.
And the other stuff when I collected the full stack of 1k I would sell. Or stack in my storage.

They have to change crafting. Ascended that cannot impact economy should not be time gated, because you cant sell them. There is no economy in them.

It would be cool if they could play their own game, then they would see how much garbage they have add in it.

Posted by: dadoppelny.7945

dadoppelny.7945

But ascended items do impact the market: you can sell the refined ascended materials on the trading post.
Let’s say you want to build Chorbens Claymore: one of the red greatswords, which have Soldier stats.
You will need:

-1 Vision Crystal, consisting of
5 Bloodstone Bricks – 100 Bloodstone Dust, 2 Globs of Ectoplasm, 10 Thermoclytmic Reagent
5 Dragonite Ingots – 100 Dragonite Ore, 2 Globs of Ectoplasm, 10 Thermoclytmic Reagent
5 Empyreal Stars – 100 Empyreal Fragments, 2 Globs of Ectoplasm, 10 Thermoclytmic Reagent
1 Augur’s Stone – 20 Skill Points
Can you buy it of the TP? No, as it is Accountbound. Is it time-gated? No. So by this point, you should have enough stuff to make like 20 Vision Crystals at the least.
______
1 Chorben’s Soldier Inscription, which costs about 40g on the TP, consisting of:
10 Piles of Crystaline Dust – you should have those.
10 Globs of Dark Matter – if you did salvage some exotics, you should have a lot of them.
1 Soldier’s Orichalcum Imbued Inscription, consisting of
5 Orichalcum Plated Dowels
5 Globs of Ectoplasm
5 xxx – Don’t know that atm.
Is it timegated? No. Can you buy it of the TP? Around 2g 50s.
1 Deldrimorsteel Plated Dowel, which costs around 25g on the TP (not timegated), consisting of:
3 Deldrimor Steel Ingots, which cost about 4g 50s each on the TP (not timegated), consisting of:
20 Iron Ingots (guess you have those)
10 Steel Ingots (these as well)
20 Darksteel Ingot (same)
1 Lump of Mithrilium, which IS timegated, consisting of 50 Mithril Ore, 1 Ecto and 10 Reagent.
But, see: You can actually buy the Deldrimor Steel Ingots! And there is NO timegate on buying things of the TP. So, here’s your possibilities: either you wait day to day to make the ascended weapons, as you had before there was a bigger supply, or you pay a bit extra and buy them off the TP. Same with the Spiritwood Planks:
3 Spiritwood Planks, which cost about 4g on the TP, consisting of:
20 Soft Wood Planks,
10 Seasoned Wood Planks,
20 Hard wood Planks, (all of the above you should already have en masse)
1 Glob of Elder Spirit Residue – which, again, is timegated. But as with Deldrimor Steel Ingots, you can buy the Spiritwood Planks for a reasonable price, which cosists of:
50 Elder Wood Planks,
1 Ectoplasm
10 Reagent
50 Reagent
1 Deldrimor Steel Greatsword Hilt – completely the same as the Sword Blade.

So, you see: You can either not pay money, but wait a few days and make the weapon for free, or sell the materials you would need for the entire thing, plus a few globs of ectoplasm, in order to pay for the tp fee, and the fact that people on the tp want to make a profit as well, and make you ascended weapon in about an hour.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

It bears repeating, because some people seem to be missing it: You can sell some of the ascended crafting materials you make. Things like Spiritwood Planks, Deldrimor Steel Ingots, and Bolts of Damask can all be bought/sold on the Trading Post.

This gives you the option of either working through the time gate, or buying materials you need to accelerate the process. That might be frustrating if you have all the materials and you’re in a hurry, but it gives other players something to craft and resell at a profit.

Time gates are never going to be popular, but I’m not convinced they’re a bad thing.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~