Where are my Wisconsinites at?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ares.3619

Ares.3619

They had one for WA so I’m doing one for WI (maybe less popular within an Anet office around??) Anyways Ares here representing the Fox Cities area.

P.S. Anyone else enjoying the ice?

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I lived in Siren, Wisconsin for several years. Now I live in in the twin cities area while I finish up school ^^ I don’t think you’ll get very many replies unless farm animals learn how to use computers

The snow/ice is very nice for my husky and St. Bernard and also good for playing GW2 lol

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: nichomachean.1750

nichomachean.1750

Winter was great until that snowstorm dumped a foot of heavy wet snow on us (also in the Fox Cities area here). Had a blast shoveling that. And then the sneaky 8 inches we got a week later too.

Looks like we might have a normal winter in east-central WI after all!

Posted by: Metahari.1286

Metahari.1286

Madison here, my guildies are all local too. (Henge of Denravi)

Ares.3619

Awesome good to see some responses, like Meta lets add servers so if we are ever on overflow together or something. Maguuma, 80 Thief and Guardian.

Also during the foot of wet snow I was the ONLY person on my block with a shovel, guess I’ll be saving that ATV plow a little faster.

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Milwaukee area here on Fort Aspenwood!

Obviously the solution to one up other states is to make a guild with only Wisconsinites!

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Posted by: Puchbol.9035

Puchbol.9035

Milwaukee area here on Fort Aspenwood!

Obviously the solution to one up other states is to make a guild with only Wisconsinites!

I can only imagine the voice chat sounding like Skritt and Quaggan debating…

/with love from Chicago.

Posted by: Shorty.9873

Shorty.9873

I’m just south of Wisconsin myself. I live in Antioch IL which is about 10 minutes maybe from the boarder. Both my boy’s play Hockey out of Plesant Prarie Wisconsin! I wish the snow would stop missing me and either come a little south or a little north! Keeps going right by us here!

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Neenah, anyone?

Ares.3619

Ursan the Tri County Ice Arena is in my backyard.
If any of you are interested in joining a Wisconsin guild I run a small family guild of about 7 people that we can use even if just socially. /w me in game I guess if your interested.

Keep up the posting they’re already more people in the area than I expected.

(edited by Ares.3619)

Posted by: Loco.9508

Loco.9508

Milwaukee area here.

Verdict – 80 Mesmer – EVOH – Maguuma

Posted by: dmandit.5087

dmandit.5087

Gf and I in the Neenah/Menasha area

Posted by: hobieone.9106

hobieone.9106

lived in green bay wi, till last june. i moved all the way down here to san antonio texas.
1. for more jobs available
2. get away from the winter finally
3. get away from the hostile political climate up there.
do i miss green bay? nope not since i found a sports bar down where packer fans gather and ran into a lot of people who also recently moved down here from wi as well.

Ares.3619

good to know everything is going well for all of you

Posted by: Wilhelm.9287

Wilhelm.9287

I live in the city that’s known as the “Waterpark Capital of the World” hint hint

Ares.3619

I live in the city that’s known as the “Waterpark Capital of the World” hint hint

lol enjoying your icy covered rides?

Posted by: Lrdrahl.6120

Lrdrahl.6120

Yo,

from Appleton

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

Holycrap! NEAR WI! Im by Antioch/Pleasant Prairie as well! WOO! <— Also HoD!

Posted by: Wilhelm.9287

Wilhelm.9287

lol enjoying your icy covered rides?

That would be quite an experience if they were to allow that. Like the polar plunge, but with mobility.

Posted by: dRiZzLe.2089

dRiZzLe.2089

From SE Minnesota, Winona right across from LaCrosse WI. Currently in Texas for another 6 months though :/

And the Dells rock!

Guild: Assured Mutual Destruction [ICBM]
World: Isle of Janthir (NA)

Posted by: Shorty.9873

Shorty.9873

I’m going to the dells next weekend actually for a mini vacation and maybe some ski’ing. My son is playing a hockey tournament also in the dells in a couple weeks so I’ll be back up there for that! Can’t wait. I love the dells!

Posted by: cmp.2850

cmp.2850

I from the lake mills wisconsion

What server you guys play on?I looking for some people to help me understand the game i abit new to it.

Posted by: Maligne.6182

Maligne.6182

I’m from Green Bay (actually De Pere, but close enough), and given this opportunity, I feel a PSA is in order.

PSA

Roundabouts: they are not four-way stops, but they ARE intersections--pick a lane and stick with it.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ares.3619

I’m from Green Bay (actually De Pere, but close enough), and given this opportunity, I feel a PSA is in order.

PSA

Roundabouts: they are not four-way stops, but they ARE intersections—pick a lane and stick with it.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Exactly.

Also don’t forget to add your server information, maybe get some wisconsinite groups running.

Posted by: gdanks.3674

gdanks.3674

Oshkosh, WI here. Wife and me play WAAAAAY to much. We are on Borlis Pass with my small guild. Would consider a server transfer if there is something open I could go too that has a more active group of local players.

Posted by: BuckyBadger.9052

BuckyBadger.9052

From Milwaukee here! Stormbluff Isle.

Ares.3619

Oshkosh, WI here. Wife and me play WAAAAAY to much. We are on Borlis Pass with my small guild. Would consider a server transfer if there is something open I could go too that has a more active group of local players.

So far from those that have posted it would seem that we are scattered every which way, and that no one server contains a large amount of wisconsinites. Other than that I have my small family guild here on Maguuma where like you my wife and I play a lot as well.

Also I will be in Oshkosh tomorrow for some ice fishing /stoked

Posted by: Sephone.1796

Sephone.1796

Ripon here and on Dragonbrand. It’s nice to see people from Oshkosh are on.

Posted by: Sista.1925

Sista.1925

Milwaukee....../wave
Lvl 80 Mesmer on IOJ

Baby Sista
Listening to Prince.
IOJ>KAIN>FA….few stops in between and after.

Ares.3619

Looks like we have a nice handful from Milwaukee in the game

Posted by: nichomachean.1750

nichomachean.1750

I’m actually surprised by the number of Fox Cities, Oshkosh, and Green Bay players that are popping up (Neenah myself).

I’m sure some of us know each other IRL. :P

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Not sure if this is on-topic, but…

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/green-bay-bar-taunts-adrian-peterson-sign-224023092--nfl.html

Although personally I’m scared of All Day destroying our defense. Go Pack!

EDIT: Also a shout-out for Neenah by the announcers during the game!

(edited by Ursan.7846)

Posted by: Lord Rager.8543

Lord Rager.8543

Milwaukee, lvl 80 war/80 eng Darkhaven. Its nice to see others from my home state. GO BADGERS:(

Commander The Tallest Rager
Darkhaven Asuran Guardian
S O T D Warband [SotD]

gdanks.3674

I was under the impression that if a guild leader (namely me) were to transfer to another world, all said progress in that guild would go buh-bye. True? I do have quite a bit of influence in the guild I started, but if I could get into a server with my few family members that play AND have more players from the same area as me, that would be worth the transfer IMHO.

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

Waukesha(ish), smaller town near there. Currently in Appleton going to school, though
This is so cool, I know that people are from all over, but it’s fun seeing that some of them are right next door, even

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

How neat, everyone is so close!!!

gdanks.3674

Considering a world transfer here. Anyone else want to get a local area guild going somewhere that would have the majority of us on? This would be the time to say area you are from and server you are on.

Borlis Pass — Oshkosh, WI

Posted by: Lord Rager.8543

Lord Rager.8543

I was under the impression that if a guild leader (namely me) were to transfer to another world, all said progress in that guild would go buh-bye. True? I do have quite a bit of influence in the guild I started, but if I could get into a server with my few family members that play AND have more players from the same area as me, that would be worth the transfer IMHO.

I wouldnt mind a transfere to another server but the guild i started has some upgrades all ready T2 and 1 T3 and startied to pump out MF bluffs. Would love to know if we (leaders) xfered off the server, what happens to the guild

Commander The Tallest Rager
Darkhaven Asuran Guardian
S O T D Warband [SotD]

Posted by: downwithdragons.8291

downwithdragons.8291

My guild is all family.. we have a total of four members right now and all Milwaukee local. We run four man dungeons sometimes, but we have a casual/fun outlook and not really into the hardcore mentality that has a tendancy to spoil the game’s enjoyment. We are on Darkhaven right now and have been since pre-launch. Three of us have 80s, one just restarted recently so he is in his mid 60s. We all enjoy helping each other out, enjoying the game for what it is and not picking apart every little thing that is wrong with it, and wouldn’t mind inviting others into the guild if they have similiar mind sets. Mainly this is for Lord Rager since he is on our server, but also to anyone else that might be interested.

Mystic Starfish.2586

Basically, each guild has its own influence count per the servers that members are in. Example, a guild’s main server can have like 3000 influence, from the 6/10 members that are on that server. But the other 4 are on another server, so they have accrued 1200 influence on that one. The influence is seperate for whichever servers the guild members are on. Not sure about upgrades, however.

Posted by: emboba.7689

emboba.7689

I live in wisconisn, go badgers!

If you see Zelda. Tell her I said… whats up – Groose

Posted by: BuckyBadger.9052

BuckyBadger.9052

I’d be willing to transfer anywhere, seeing as I’m no longer in a guild but would like to keep playing the game with others.

Stormbluff Isle- Milwaukee

Also…Go Badgers.

Posted by: Gaurfang.3025

Gaurfang.3025

Hey fellow Badgers, grew up in Mad Town but now live as far north as you can possibly get without getting wet. Play on Yak’s Bend (chose randomly), if yer on there drop me a line (Gaurfang), sloooooooowly leveling since I play in-between work and childcare (and snow removal).

Go Pack!

Cheers,
Gaurfang

Posted by: Blaise.3918

Blaise.3918

Hey everyone. This’s my first post onto the forums:

From: Central Wisconsin (I’ll leave the “city” guessing to you). Server: Stormbluff.

Least we don’t have 3-4 feet of snow over here “yet” :P

Ares.3619

Alright sorry guys I was away for the day. I gotta say from what I’m seeing we wisconsinites are all leaders lol. On that note For those of you that are interested in server transfers but have guilds themselves I propose that we all join a guild now (cross server guild) Just to enhance our communications with one another.

(edited by Ares.3619)

Posted by: Nefarious.2014

Nefarious.2014

Janesville. Just moved back and I haven’t been able to play for the last few months. I want to get back into the game casually and need pointers on where to start new stuff. Did you guys all gather up on a server?

80 Thief

Ares.3619

Janesville. Just moved back and I haven’t been able to play for the last few months. I want to get back into the game casually and need pointers on where to start new stuff. Did you guys all gather up on a server?

80 Thief

As far as I am aware we haven’t had any transfers as of yet, as far as help goes whisper me in game sometime I’ll help you out as much as I can.

Posted by: JK Arrow.7102

JK Arrow.7102

Milwaukee area here playing on FA. I’ll have to add some of you!

gdanks.3674

I am capable of a transfer but would be coordinating with a couple family members.

I guess we should all put down what kind of influence each of our guilds currently have to see where we will transfer too. I am not at home now, but will be on later to check my guilds influence and current storage. I do know I am about 1,000 away from the second to last storage upgrade.

Obviously I have put a lot of time in on my small guild but am willing to move if there is a better server to have our group on.

Destiny Reborn — Borlis Pass

Mystic Starfish.2586

I’m not moving servers, but I’d join a cross server guild for the fun of it. the one I’m in has some good people, but I could always use more guilds to look for dungeon mates