Where are the devs?

Where are the devs?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

We were promised a thread to talk to the Devs. Where is it?

Why did you more or less destroy Chronomancer by giving it’s signature ability to Revenants?

Why did anet give away confusion and Moa?

Mesmerising Girl

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

I want to ask them why Scrapper got ZERO attention.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Playing Elder Scrolls Online.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

I want the devs to give hard math as to where the 7% air overload nerf came from. If they can show me ACTUAL MATH and not that they just rolled a 10 sided die and then kittened us in the kitten , I will be open to the change.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: chaosmaster.3196

chaosmaster.3196

They probably saw the initial reaction and be like kitten the discussion.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Honestly, has anyone really expected something else?

They surely are in reddit now!!! Where else …

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Where are the devs?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Given the initial reactions, I can’t exactly blame them for not being overly enthusiastic about talking to the people around here.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Devilman.1532

Devilman.1532

“Playing Elder Scrolls Online.” LOL

“I want the devs to give hard math as to where the 7% air overload nerf came from. If they can show me ACTUAL MATH and not that they just rolled a 10 sided die and then kittened us in the kitten , I will be open to the change.”

If you can mange to get one of them to pay enough attention to do this and care enough about the Ele class to bother I will reward you in game with 50g.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

With statements like this I would not appear on the forums if I were in their shoes….

- Shredder Gyro Self-Destruct: Increased damage to match other gyros.
- Shredder Gyro: Increased damage by roughly 50%.
- Explosion: Skills that count as explosions for the traits Steel-Packed Powder, Explosive Powder, and Shrapnel are now marked with a skill fact. Scrapper gyro detonations are now considered explosions.

There are only a few tweaks for Scrapper, sure. But that is not equal to ZERO as you say…

In any case, I am totally glad that devs finally started buffing and paying some attention to base professions, because that is what everyone needs right now: reduce powercreep of elite specs and improve base ones.
Speaking of which, I would like to ask them why there are still no changes to Death Shroud, because that is the only thing holding base necro back.

~ The light of a new day

(edited by Ithir Darkleaf.7923)

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

The devs said they’d be online to discuss the changes. They are not here.

Mesmerising Girl

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Did they say when they would be online?

I could see them giving it a while so players could give feedback based on playing with the changes rather than just reading them.

Where are the devs?

Orpheal.8263

Given the initial reactions, I can’t exactly blame them for not being overly enthusiastic about talking to the people around here.

Something, that surely wouldn’t be the case, if they simply would communicate in general more with us – for example again with the help of CDIs and in fact say also more oftenly something to the ideas of people, givign them feedback, or requerstion even maybe more details from somebody who made perhaps an interestign suggestion for them to give that person the impression, that the devs are really interested in what we write here and what we discuss here.

But in a forum of constant ignorance, where you get never any feedback, other than from other players which eventualy have read what you have written, where you don’t discuss things with devs like equal persons – simply out of the reasons that devs at anet don’t get as it looks the time for that to just sit themself here every now and then (unless its in their own freetime perhaps) to talk with us about what we care for, to get that way an good impression on what is currently important for us, then it is absolutely no miracle that people say over the years, that Anet is totally out of touch with its community – and as result of this its naturally that people become more and more pessimistic, non enthusiastic, aggressive, lose hope in them and start more and more to requestion the changes they do with the game, because people can’t understand without constant communication the reasons behind many of the changes.

And if people are sold for beign dumb for years and don’t get explained, why something has been change, what the intention behind a change was and so on, how do you really expect from people then, how they should react on something, what they don’t can understand.

The first thing that people do by nature then, if they can’t understand something rationally is simply to react on something EMOTIONALLY and that is either by liking the change, or hating the changes.

This is, what you see here as a result!

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

With statements like this I would not appear on the forums if I were in their shoes….

- Shredder Gyro Self-Destruct: Increased damage to match other gyros.
- Shredder Gyro: Increased damage by roughly 50%.
- Explosion: Skills that count as explosions for the traits Steel-Packed Powder, Explosive Powder, and Shrapnel are now marked with a skill fact. Scrapper gyro detonations are now considered explosions.

There are only a few tweaks for Scrapper, sure. But that is not equal to ZERO as you say…

In any case, I am totally glad that devs finally started buffing and paying some attention to base professions, because that is what everyone needs right now: reduce powercreep of elite specs and improve base ones.
Speaking of which, I would like to ask them why there are still no changes to Death Shroud, because that is the only thing holding base necro back.

Yeah I was a bit hasty but still, the improvements to base Engineer make me question if I should even keep Scrapper traited. My statement doesn’t mean I won’t give it a real go and see how it shapes up and if I was wrong and it’s wonderful I’m not afraid to admit it. Let’s just say I’m still lukewarm on the Scrapper as a whole.

One point you did bring up which I agree with fully is the Death Shroud. Throughout all of this that truly feels like the forgotten skill. There really is no reason to take it over Reaper Shroud if you have the option. Reaper shroud still outclasses it in every way I feel. It does need some attention.

Where are the devs?

TorsoReaper.8530

“Playing Elder Scrolls Online.” LOL

“I want the devs to give hard math as to where the 7% air overload nerf came from. If they can show me ACTUAL MATH and not that they just rolled a 10 sided die and then kittened us in the kitten , I will be open to the change.”

If you can mange to get one of them to pay enough attention to do this and care enough about the Ele class to bother I will reward you in game with 50g.

LOL, why not say 5,000 + a precursor. The risk of you having to pay is 0.00% =P

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Silent The Gray.3091

Silent The Gray.3091

Most of the people complaining haven’t even tried the changes yet, the patch has only been out for a couple of hours, it’s like the day job of some of these people is to sit and wait for a patch to be released and immediately post, some of these people have posted within minutes of the patch… how do you know how it plays within a couple of minutes, honestly? I can’t even change my build to where I want in a couple of minutes.

Where are the devs?

Orpheal.8263

Most of the people complaining haven’t even tried the changes yet, the patch has only been out for a couple of hours, it’s like the day job of some of these people is to sit and wait for a patch to be released and immediately post, some of these people have posted within minutes of the patch… how do you know how it plays within a couple of minutes, honestly? I can’t even change my build to where I want in a couple of minutes.

People don’t play this game first since yesterday you know…
Active veterans, that play this game for sure far more actively and much longer, than the devs do can see on a first glimpse over the patch notes, what kind of consequences a patch brings.
If a patch solves problems, or if it has the strong potential to cause more new problems, than it solves.

And if there is one thing, that is far more obvious, than anything else in this patch, then it is when ANet does make power creep patches, where like 99% of its content is nothing but just only skill/trait buffs and nothing else.
For that to realize you don’t need to be even an experienced GW2 player, for that you need to have just eyes in the head and reading comprehension!!

Where are the devs?

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Well the buffs are mostly to the stuff that isn’t used much, did anyone ever use ventari rev ?

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

The developer you are trying to reach is currently busy with Reddit, please hold while we transfer you to our next available representative.

/cue 70’s elevator music.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Where are the devs?

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

My heal monkey banner warrior is going to be fun to play some more now. So much regen. So much.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Maybe the devs waiting until now-ish or a little later to be able to catch East Coasters after work and/or school, then staying on ‘til the end of their workday to cover the West Coasters and points in-between… I imagine they weren’t planning on spending their whole workday on the forums. And I hope they aren’t and instead are putting the finishing touches on the Ranger’s new class ability that shoots lightning bolts out of their butts that insta-kill anyone chasing them. My Ranger isn’t quite feeling like she is a WvW Goddess of War yet.

Where are the devs?

TorsoReaper.8530

This is like saying “We have removed half the aces and all 10’s and queens from the deck” and saying “don’t jump to conclusions, you should play the game before deciding if there will be less black jacks happening”.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Silent The Gray.3091

Silent The Gray.3091

This is like saying “We have removed half the aces and all 10’s and queens from the deck” and saying “don’t jump to conclusions, you should play the game before deciding if there will be less black jacks happening”.

It’s not like saying that though, because I said what I said, to be taken at face value, nothing less and nothing more.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Daiki.6237

Daiki.6237

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

We were promised a thread to talk to the Devs. Where is it?

It’s right here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Official-Skill-Balance-Thread-22-February-Update

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra