Where are the devs?

Where are the devs?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

The forums have become a toxic environment for the devs. Whether they respond or not they will get negative responses either way lol.

Too much negativity in these forums from the players imo.

But the thing is that yes we are “players” but more importantly than that we are paying customers. Regardless if you bought the game for yourself or someone gifted it to you you are still a paying customer. Everyone seems to lose sight of that fact and act like it’s ok because this is a game and not some other product.

Arena Net is a business and businesses deal with unhappy customers. They deal with negative feedback. They don’t bury their heads in the sand and tell their paying customers how to give proper feedback, they don’t pass out infractions like they’re lording over a school room, they don’t accuse people of being “toxic”. The way they interact with their customers is horrible.

The game for all of its problems is good. Not great, good. But the customer service is probably some of the worst I’ve ever experienced.

There is a difference between unhappy and whining. Most people, on this forum, whine, not complain. There have been some excellent threads that were constructive but many are just demanding, pouting and whining threads. This thread is a classic example.

Developers have no chance in those types of threads – kitten ed if you do and kitten ed if you don’t.

Nothing wrong with customer service – it is exactly the same as it was in GW1 – don’t see a difference.

Do I think this game is perfect? No – there isn’t one out there that is perfect.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I can tell you where they are not. Engaging with the customer’s here.

I’ve read the customer’s idea of “engagement” and I fully understand why they choose not to “engage”…..

This entire thread is a prime example.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

ANET is a company and they have to act like professionals. Ignoring the forums because it’s a hostile environment is not a sign of professionalism. I think that every company should know that ignoring problems doesn’t make them go away it just enrages people more.
If a thread is obvious whining filled with insults they can just ignore it. They can not ignore the problem that spawned the thread though, if it’s a valid complaint. I am sure many people complained about Fractals in a very childish and offensive way, I myself make more snark comments than I should but the complete lack of any dev discussion whatsoever in the past months is making this problem so much worse. What do we know about their plans for anything except LS and gem store? The PvP community is the 100th wheel on the wagon and the Fractal community isn’t in a much better spot. They just throw out a Mai Trin fix that is very debatable without any timeline or information on what else they’re working on.
If they come out with a way to MF asc. rings or vendor them for a higher price or trade them in they’re in for a kittenstorm from all the ppl who had to trash them (including me). Based on past experiences (Blade Shards) it’s safe to throw them away, but who knows…

So, a professional company that cares about customers has to engage in dialogue even if the playerbase is full of kittenheads.

By the way, Fractals were just the first example that came to my head.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

they’re coding updates. you want them to live stream themselves pouring over code tables and messing around in art software? all the players do is argue and nitpick every little personal qualm here, it can’t be very helpful to jump in the fray without something significant. they post when they have something we need to know, if you want another style go follow SOE. they upload videos of themselves working on code and art assets. it’s not all that interesting.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

The forums have become a toxic environment for the devs. Whether they respond or not they will get negative responses either way lol.

But the thing is that yes we are “players” but more importantly than that we are paying customers. Regardless if you bought the game for yourself or someone gifted it to you you are still a paying customer. Everyone seems to lose sight of that fact and act like it’s ok because this is a game and not some other product.

Arena Net is a business and businesses deal with unhappy customers. They deal with negative feedback. They don’t bury their heads in the sand and tell their paying customers how to give proper feedback, they don’t pass out infractions like they’re lording over a school room, they don’t accuse people of being “toxic”. The way they interact with their customers is horrible.

The game for all of its problems is good. Not great, good. But the customer service is probably some of the worst I’ve ever experienced.

There is a difference between unhappy and whining. Most people, on this forum, whine, not complain. There have been some excellent threads that were constructive but many are just demanding, pouting and whining threads. This thread is a classic example.

Developers have no chance in those types of threads – kitten ed if you do and kitten ed if you don’t.

Nothing wrong with customer service – it is exactly the same as it was in GW1 – don’t see a difference.

Do I think this game is perfect? No – there isn’t one out there that is perfect.

It’s not a customer’s job to provide specific kind of feedback or even friendly feedback. When you go to the restaurant and your burger sucks is it your job to tell the cook how to make it better? No. When your cell phone doesn’t have service are you supposed to call the carrier and tell them how to provide you with a better signal? No.

BG

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

If they don’t want to engage with the community they might as well remove the forums.
There have been are still are legit threads with well thought out constructive criticism and suggestions, yet Arena Net shows no interest whatsoever.
Legit threads with legit concerns, bug reports, exploits and hacking reports, most of them get ignored.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

It’s not a customer’s job to provide specific kind of feedback or even friendly feedback. When you go to the restaurant and your burger sucks is it your job to tell the cook how to make it better? No. When your cell phone doesn’t have service are you supposed to call the carrier and tell them how to provide you with a better signal? No.

If your burger is missing lettuce, cheese, mayo, bacon, etc, which was advertised on the menu you just supposed to sit there and say eh, who cares? I’m not going to bother telling the waiter/chef about what he just cooked me up?

Where are the devs?

Kanebrake.6192

they’re coding updates. you want them to live stream themselves pouring over code tables and messing around in art software? all the players do is argue and nitpick every little personal qualm here, it can’t be very helpful to jump in the fray without something significant. they post when they have something we need to know, if you want another style go follow SOE. they upload videos of themselves working on code and art assets. it’s not all that interesting.

No I don’t care to see them working on code. I care to see the results of the work on something other than living story. For example how about fixing so many of the bugs and issues that plague wvw?

I think a lot of us just want to be treated like paying, loyal customers of a product and not fans boys and girls

BG

Where are the devs?

Kanebrake.6192

If your burger is missing lettuce, cheese, mayo, bacon, etc, which was advertised on the menu you just supposed to sit there and say eh, who cares? I’m not going to bother telling the waiter/chef about what he just cooked me up?

If my burger is missing the basics I’d just hand it to the waiter and tell him to tell the cook to fix it. The cook should be able to look at it and know what the problem is. Now if I asked for a medium rare burger and got a well done one I’d probably say what the problem is.

BG

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

There’s two other reasons I suspect they don’t post much.

Firstly it created too much of an expectation. Early on people were insisting that devs should reply to every single question they asked. Even if another player gave them a perfect answer, even if it was something they could check themselves in 2 seconds in game they would insist they could only accept an answer from a dev.

If they actually tried to respond to most topics, or even just the topics that interest them it would reinforce that expectation. People would complain every time they didn’t get a response from a dev, or when it wasn’t completely answering their question.

Secondly it’s time consuming and unless they’re part of the community team probably not considered an actual part of their job which means they have to do it in their free time.

At least that’s how it works for my organisation. Totally different field but similar in this respect. We also have a forum where anyone interested in our work can post and staff are welcome to post there if we want to. But aside from a few designated people whose job it is to run it we’re not given time to post. Which means we either have to finish all of our other work early (you can guess how often that happens) and then justify that it is the best possible use of the extra time, or do it in our free time. I love my job, but I don’t really want to go home at the end of the day and talk about it all evening too. Especially not when I’d just be hearing how everything I’ve done is wrong.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Where are the devs?

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

You will find many of the same hypothetical reasons for limited developer presence on the forums posted on the WvW board.

The same question was asked a year ago, and six months ago, and more recently by players new to the WvW scene who do not understand this is just the way it is.

This forum has seen more developer interaction on an on-going basis than other sub forums have seen.

This is the post I left on this topic back in April, that I believe still holds:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Our-Community-1/page/2#post3935041

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

if you want another style go follow SOE. they upload videos of themselves working on code and art assets. it’s not all that interesting.

Hey .. i just watched some of those videos today

However .. thinking back at EQ2 .. there was also great communication with the devs in the beginning .. and after some years the same happend like here .. they just went silent because of the same reasons .. whatever they said was turned against them.

The only dev that was still posting a lot was the crafting dev because everyone loved her and nobody complained when she had ideas for new furniture for our homes

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Yeah, the short answer is it takes a lot longer to reply than it does to read – and for feedback it’s the reading that’s most important.

I was going to be more specific but then I read the rest of the thread and thought better of it.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: crazy.9083

crazy.9083

They need more PR people on here. It is ridiculous that a company appears to be ignoring complaints from their customers.
e.g, go look at the Mesmer sub forum. there are numerous complaints on there and also suggestions on how to fix things, which have been there for months – and ANET’S response?

Tumbleweed…

It is bad enough that players have to suggest how they think things could be fixed, but it is almost unforgivable that these players, who have put a lot of work into their suggestions are being completely ignored.

It is only a matter of time before people give up and go elsewhere.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Amnariel.3659

Amnariel.3659

They need more PR people on here. It is ridiculous that a company appears to be ignoring complaints from their customers.
e.g, go look at the Mesmer sub forum. there are numerous complaints on there and also suggestions on how to fix things, which have been there for months – and ANET’S response?

Tumbleweed…

It is bad enough that players have to suggest how they think things could be fixed, but it is almost unforgivable that these players, who have put a lot of work into their suggestions are being completely ignored.

It is only a matter of time before people give up and go elsewhere.

They are not ignored I can say that for sure..But there’s other reason why Anet don’t want to do or implant or use it.
They don’t give any credit to other things than they ideas?or just try to make as much money possible from Gw2 then shut it down?There’s many possible reasons to which we never get an answer.

But please forgive me for giving no credit for an update with over 2 months of development time and only a small map some useless features for time stealing and no balance fixing just polishing actual glitches…

For a F2P game I don’t care.God bless them.I don’t care if they talk or not,I don’t care if they update or not because it’s free to play,I paid nothing to play that game only time.Here I paid and for everyone who say that the devs don’t answer cuz of that and that and that,I just say No,they need to communicate with the community who paid to them.But that’s only my opinion.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Now, in context, what he is talking about is killing mobs repeatedly in order to level. This is the old definition of grinding. The key defining sentence is, “We want to change the way that people view combat”. What people did then Is take that single sentence, ignore the surrounding sentences which define and give it meaning, then made threads and posts, ad nauseum, about how grindy the game is because they have to repeat content to get their rewards.

- That’s a very narrow definition of grind. Grind is repeating same (boring) actions for copious amount of time in order to get a reward. One example of grinding is killing hundreds of monsters to gain a new character level. Another example is completing a short dungeon path multiple times for finishing reward. Guild Wars 2 uses grind as means to extend the length of content to a great degree.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

The devs are working on their game. Which is their job.
Arenanet has provided forums for the players to communicate with each other as well as Arenanet providing information to the players.
Arenanet even welcomes suggestions and critiques. That doesn’t mean that they will respond to each post/thread. They can’t due to PR and the overwhelming number of suggestions.
They’re not going to reply to your suggestions by saying.. “we’ve already considered that and we can’t do it and here is why” or "yes, that’s a great suggestion, I’ll forward your suggestion to “dev George” who will stop what he is working on and figure out if your particular suggestion is doable and will respond shortly."
Also, current content was worked on/planned out months ago. So any suggestions for improvement used won’t be seen for quite some time.

The only response they could possibly give to a player is: “Thank you for your suggestion, will take it under consideration.” Which is not the “canned” response people want to hear, so they stay silent.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

I completely understand why Devs stay off the forum. A Dev says something sounds interesting, or they are working on something, or hope to have something soon and somehow that becomes a promise written in stone. Commenting on the forum is a no win for the Devs. and no one likes being on the losing end all the time.

Hiding away from customers is bad for business. Why don’t they get themselves involved in threads more? Even if it’s not to do with a major issue or a suggestion (not like they do that a lot but anyway..)

I’d much prefer it if a Dev posted Anet’s intentions but keep us up to date, rather than leaving the community in the dark when they don’t mention it ever again. This is what leads to speculations that the Dev team doesn’t care or they give up on these intentions or promises. I mean it is a trend since release, since most of what they promised before release hasn’t even been seen yet.

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.

Where are the devs?

SkiTz.4590

I completely understand why Devs stay off the forum. A Dev says something sounds interesting, or they are working on something, or hope to have something soon and somehow that becomes a promise written in stone. Commenting on the forum is a no win for the Devs. and no one likes being on the losing end all the time.

Hiding away from customers is bad for business. Why don’t they get themselves involved in threads more? Even if it’s not to do with a major issue or a suggestion (not like they do that a lot but anyway..)

I’d much prefer it if a Dev posted Anet’s intentions but keep us up to date, rather than leaving the community in the dark when they don’t mention it ever again. This is what leads to speculations that the Dev team doesn’t care or they give up on these intentions or promises. I mean it is a trend since release, since most of what they promised before release hasn’t even been seen yet.

It’s one of anet’s weakpoints – community engagement. All these ready ups and CDIs have meant nothing to them and it shows. They always try to evade hard questions and constructive criticisms. Just look at the countless bugs in the Mesmer forums or the Rangers that been hurting since day 1 and anet still remains silent. The complete lack of communication from devs regarding PvP/WvW is also embarrassing. Only devs I ever see talking consistently now are in LS , of course.
That’s there only focus now, gemstore + LS. Rest of the game doesn’t matter since it doesn’t really generate any income for anet.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Guild Wars 2 has a sad community relations track record, when compared to GW1. I’m not even sure why they bother to staff a CR position. It seems ever since there was an official forum, they’ve dropped the ball in interaction with the community.

Where are the devs?

SkiTz.4590

Look at carbine with wildstar, even though it is just released, there are consisent dev interactions, especially on reddit. Their devs actually respond to major concerns posted by players on reddit.

Heck even ESO has more dev interaction on their reddit/forums.

I don’t remember anet doing much of this during GW2’s first few months

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Amnariel.3659

Amnariel.3659

OMG a Dev commented here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/The-logic-of-Defiance/page/2

That made my day,I logged in first time since the launch of season 2.
Thx and keep it up <3 :-D

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Now, in context, what he is talking about is killing mobs repeatedly in order to level. This is the old definition of grinding. The key defining sentence is, “We want to change the way that people view combat”. What people did then Is take that single sentence, ignore the surrounding sentences which define and give it meaning, then made threads and posts, ad nauseum, about how grindy the game is because they have to repeat content to get their rewards.

- That’s a very narrow definition of grind. Grind is repeating same (boring) actions for copious amount of time in order to get a reward. One example of grinding is killing hundreds of monsters to gain a new character level. Another example is completing a short dungeon path multiple times for finishing reward. Guild Wars 2 uses grind as means to extend the length of content to a great degree.

It may be a narrow definition of the word grind, but if a person is using a specific definition of a word and then says we don’t do this (the narrow definition), then that’s all you can hold them to.

People took the narrow definition that he specifically used, expanded it to the other definitions, and then complained that they broke their word. That is the point I was making. Whether or not grind has more than one meaning is irrelevant.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

OMG a Dev commented here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/The-logic-of-Defiance/page/2

That made my day,I logged in first time since the launch of season 2.
Thx and keep it up <3 :-D

I bet at least in 2 months people now will point to that post and ask where the changes to defiance are that we should get. And how bad ANet because it still hasn’t been finished.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I’ve seena couple of times where devs post something on a thread that ends up “giving unreleased information” and gets trashed ):.

They’re probably wary of posting.

There is a couple who will post quite frequently on their sections, though.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

People took the narrow definition that he specifically used, expanded it to the other definitions, and then complained that they broke their word. That is the point I was making. Whether or not grind has more than one meaning is irrelevant.

- To me it looked more like attempt to make the game seem way more engaging and innovative than it turned out to be. Create your own strawman and slay it; become the champion for gamers. Typical marketing talk.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

anyone been on wvw forum lately? last dev post was 20 days ago… its somewhere on 5th page atm…

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

30 page thread on the new Traits, created by Anet, merged by Anet for Feedback, 30 pages of Player feedback, nada from Anet apart from a Mod who took a few posts down…………

Where are the devs?

Posted by: The Revenant.4970

The Revenant.4970

I’ve been running into Anet staff, in-game, off-and-on since launch. Even moreso lately. They’ve always been very chatty and helpful too.

There’s two kinds of people involved with this game. The ones who play the game and the ones who live in the forums. Luckily the developers fall under the first group.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I could not care less if a developer responds to feedback.

I care that they listen to feedback.

They quite clearly are, and the adjustments made to the game over 2 years demonstrate that. Do they implement EVERY suggestion? Obviously not… but that doesn’t mean they aren’t listening.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

I could not care less if a developer responds to feedback.

I care that they listen to feedback.

They quite clearly are, and the adjustments made to the game over 2 years demonstrate that. Do they implement EVERY suggestion? Obviously not… but that doesn’t mean they aren’t listening.

You obviously do not play a Mesmer or Ranger

Bugs in skills since launch and even moreso for Mesmers since latest patches …… go check out the forum for mesmers !

Where are the devs?

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

You obviously do not play a Mesmer or Ranger

Bugs in skills since launch and even moreso for Mesmers since latest patches …… go check out the forum for mesmers !

For the record, my main character is a Ranger. Our main problems have been things that are not particularly easy to fix. The Pet AI is a problem that is shared with ALL AI in the game, and hitting that sweet spot isn’t a simple affair (other players whine when the AI is too smart, as evidenced in early beta). Our effective damage builds are limited considerably by the condition dilemma (well, and the legion of bearbows that refuse to accept that the games mechanics tilt heavily towards melee play… but that’s a player-side problem).

Both are issues that extend beyond just Ranger, but hit Ranger harder, and they are both solutions that are easier said than done. I’ve just reached a point where I’ve stopped asking, “are we there yet?” They know what’s wrong; they don’t need me to keep reminding them.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Robert.4197

Robert.4197

The devs used to interact quite a bit here on the forums, sometimes there were over 50+ posts in a single day. It didn’t happen often but definitely a lot more than we see now. I’m not sure what caused the change though. It seems right before the feature patch hit, they went silent. I realize they had the release in China to take care of but that was already a couple of months ago. I was hoping by now that communication would improve but at this point, it doesn’t seem like it ever will.

Where are the devs?

Dusty Moon.4382

The devs used to interact quite a bit here on the forums, sometimes there were over 50+ posts in a single day. It didn’t happen often but definitely a lot more than we see now. I’m not sure what caused the change though. It seems right before the feature patch hit, they went silent. I realize they had the release in China to take care of but that was already a couple of months ago. I was hoping by now that communication would improve but at this point, it doesn’t seem like it ever will.

Negative posts happened along with the ‘Entitled’ attitude of forum posters. How can you argue with one who thinks everything they say is absolutely right (even if they are not)

Where are the devs?

Robert.4197

See OP the reason why the devs don’t post here is exactly because of the second reply to your thread. Even though he is implying he wants the devs to interact with the community that one sentence is laced with hostility and aggressiveness that if the devs were to post here it wouldn’t go down well.

Devs do post, you can go into the Lore section or Living World section and you will see the Devs posting on calm and well constructed threads that aren’t lashing out at their staff members. However the reason why they don’t post here often is because of the terrible negativity some groups bring on the forum. People who come into the forums with negative views on content tend to argue with the devs rather than work with them. I remember when Super Adventure Box part 2 released and Josh Foreman was constantly on the forums adressing people’s issues with the “super-difficult and frustrating” content. He was constantly telling people how to improve on it or what they could do to make it better, that he would fix some specific issues, etc. Except people were lashing out at him so bad that in literally every post he made on the huge thread you can see him start trying not to break down from anger and frustration.

Then his final post on that thread was that he was no longer told to interact with the forum. That’s why the Devs don’t comment on hot button topics. It’s not because they are selfish- it’s because the community will jump on them like rabid skritt regardless of what they say.

tl;dr: We are the reason the Devs can’t show us nice things.

No where in that thread or even looking through his posts did he say that he was no longer going to post. I did see by the tone of his posts that he was a little disappointed. His last post in that thread can be found here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/sab-bts/Is-it-too-hard-Respect-the-awesome-work/2851619
Was there a post that maybe was deleted or posted on another site because I’m missing something here?

Where are the devs?

Robert.4197

Negative posts happened along with the ‘Entitled’ attitude of forum posters. How can you argue with one who thinks everything they say is absolutely right (even if they are not)

I realize there are people like that but that doesn’t mean that the devs can’t interact with people that have valid concerns and complaints. I like the way this post was worded:

Quick update: I just confirmed that the fix is on our test server, so it should be included with the next major update. I can’t promise a date since things can always change—if they find an issue with the update, for example, they might need to rollback some of the changes, and the fix will get pushed back.

Maybe the devs should add the last part to all their posts or put it in their signature.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

See OP the reason why the devs don’t post here is exactly because of the second reply to your thread. Even though he is implying he wants the devs to interact with the community that one sentence is laced with hostility and aggressiveness that if the devs were to post here it wouldn’t go down well.

Devs do post, you can go into the Lore section or Living World section and you will see the Devs posting on calm and well constructed threads that aren’t lashing out at their staff members. However the reason why they don’t post here often is because of the terrible negativity some groups bring on the forum. People who come into the forums with negative views on content tend to argue with the devs rather than work with them. I remember when Super Adventure Box part 2 released and Josh Foreman was constantly on the forums adressing people’s issues with the “super-difficult and frustrating” content. He was constantly telling people how to improve on it or what they could do to make it better, that he would fix some specific issues, etc. Except people were lashing out at him so bad that in literally every post he made on the huge thread you can see him start trying not to break down from anger and frustration.

Then his final post on that thread was that he was no longer told to interact with the forum. That’s why the Devs don’t comment on hot button topics. It’s not because they are selfish- it’s because the community will jump on them like rabid skritt regardless of what they say.

No where in that thread or even looking through his posts did he say that he was no longer going to post. I did see by the tone of his posts that he was a little disappointed. His last post in that thread can be found here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/sab-bts/Is-it-too-hard-Respect-the-awesome-work/2851619
Was there a post that maybe was deleted or posted on another site because I’m missing something here?

It was in his personal blog, I believe.

Where are the devs?

Robert.4197

It was in his personal blog, I believe.

I found it after some searching. Thanks, such a shame it has to be this way but I guess it is what it is. Maybe eventually, the company can loosen up a little bit. I think dev interaction is much better when they can speak their mind.

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Normally I see devs ingame after a big update, I’m surprised I didn’t see many zerging along with us in Dry Top.

As for the forums, I’m still waiting on the edge of my seat for the next CDI. Cmon’ devs, Necro CDI! Necro CDI! Necro CDI! Necro CDI! Necro CDI! Necro CDI!

Where are the devs?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

- To me it looked more like attempt to make the game seem way more engaging and innovative than it turned out to be. Create your own strawman and slay it; become the champion for gamers. Typical marketing talk.

Actually from the context of the entire paragraph, I understand what was said and what was meant. It’s only misleading if you only take the sentence away from the sentences around it.

Where are the devs?

Dusty Moon.4382

Normally I see devs ingame after a big update, I’m surprised I didn’t see many zerging along with us in Dry Top.

As for the forums, I’m still waiting on the edge of my seat for the next CDI. Cmon’ devs, Necro CDI! Necro CDI! Necro CDI! Necro CDI! Necro CDI! Necro CDI!

The Developers don’t always have their A.Net tags on in game. They can turn them on and off.

Where are the devs?

Robert.4197

Last time I heard anything about a CDI was here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-we-hear-nothing-but-Silence-from-ANet/3977640
“Hi,
The CDI is not Kaput at all. I have just been extremely busy like the rest of the team and as I have said before there is absolutely no point in doing a CDI if we cannot contribute properly to it.
A new CDI will be coming shortly! Thanks for your patience.
Chris”

That was on May 1st. I’m wondering now if the CDI’s are now put on hold because of the way the community responds and the devs are giving out more information than they should or are allowed to.