Where are the horsies?

Where are the horsies?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bjarkov.9751

Bjarkov.9751

Asking the important questions here. Where are the effin horses? Wanna hear your crazy ideas guys. Where did all the horses go? As you can see they have clearly been here.

Attachments:

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

There’s a theory that hoses were native to Orr and went extinct in the Cataclysm. I think that’s mostly based on the Necrid Horseman, one of the Orrian undead in GW1.

Although the ‘horses’ they’re riding appear to have 4 horns so unless that’s part of the corruption they may not be anything like horses on earth.

Other than that the only horse we’ve seen encountered in the franchise is Gum Drops, Mad King Thorn’s invisible pony (and of course we don’t know what he looks like).

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Biggest, craziest, meatiest, Charr Meatoberfest celebration ever!

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’ve seen statues (and pictures, movies, toys, carousel creatures, read stories, etc., etc.) of/about unicorns and dragons here on Earth, and I’m pretty sure we never actually had any.

So….

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

Horses were alive and chilling in some plains in one of the books. This was long after the sinking of Orr and around the time just before the events of GW2. They were described as normal horses but not much thought was given to them before the story moved on. That’s pretty much the overall treatment of horses in all of GW. They exist, but no one really cares or bothers to use one.
It can probably be treated with the same kind of logic as using the bathroom or eating. Everyone does it, but there’s almost never a reason to show someone doing it in a movie or video game.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

(edited by Squee.7829)

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

They grew humanoid upper halves and a lot of attitude.

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Weren’t they all beaten to death repeatedly in those pointless mount threads?

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: Plautze.6290

Plautze.6290

Weren’t they all beaten to death repeatedly in those pointless mount threads?

‘Tis all that needs sayin’.

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Mindblower Torxx

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Horses were alive and chilling in some plains in one of the books. This was long after the sinking of Orr and around the time just before the events of GW2. They were described as normal horses but not much thought was given to them before the story moved on.

That was just likely the author forgetting (or not knowing) about all those tiny world peculiarities.

In general, we do know that horses existed at some point. We’re pretty much sure, that they are extinct now.
One of the running theories is that they came to this world alongside humans, and just didn’t survive the transition too well.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Horses aren’t popular in Tyria because no one can get in the saddle. Horses are too high on their legs to jump onto, and no one has figured out how to use their hands for climbing yet, instead using the popular ‘mountain goat’ style of ascending steep things.

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

They were too sensitive to magic rises. They turned into ectoplasm.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

The horsies been beated to death in countless mount topics.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

while there is gilding. and flying carpet . at most best case for this game ever that is all

there ever will be in this game . this is not wow . and there will never ever be mounts

ever !!!

Attachments:

no new system upgrades coming

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

crazy humans killed them all to fuse and turn into centaurs.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: Knuckle Joe.7408

Knuckle Joe.7408

I’m guessing, as someone said, they went extinct with the sinking of Orr, or my theory is that simple animal like a horse would not have the means to survive much in a world where even the bees are the size of dogs, they have no means of defense to the more crazy predators around. We still have Does though, which my guess is would be extinct soon enough as well, as you don’t see them that much around.

They’re not something like a Dolyak for example, with big size, herd mentality and huge horns. Rabbits and other small critters are small and can easily hide. That’s what I think at least. We got Cows in Queensdale but they are protected by humans.

DO FAST HANDS BASELINE

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

That…must be a really huge horse!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

Horses aren’t popular in Tyria because no one can get in the saddle. Horses are too high on their legs to jump onto, and no one has figured out how to use their hands for climbing yet, instead using the popular ‘mountain goat’ style of ascending steep things.

This absolutely murdered me.

Where are the horsies?

Ashen.2907

I’m guessing, as someone said, they went extinct with the sinking of Orr, or my theory is that simple animal like a horse would not have the means to survive much in a world where even the bees are the size of dogs, they have no means of defense to the more crazy predators around. We still have Does though, which my guess is would be extinct soon enough as well, as you don’t see them that much around.

They’re not something like a Dolyak for example, with big size, herd mentality and huge horns. Rabbits and other small critters are small and can easily hide. That’s what I think at least. We got Cows in Queensdale but they are protected by humans.

If deer can compete in this world then horses should have no problem. Of course they seem to be extinct so something else was a factor.

I blame the Charr.

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

If deer can compete in this world then horses should have no problem. Of course they seem to be extinct so something else was a factor.

I blame the Charr.

They were just normal horses which behaved like simple herd herbivores, eating grass and running for their lifes at the slightest sign of danger.
That survival strategy is ok in our planet, were most animals are slower than horses, and were predators are happy with just hunting when hungry.
But typical animals in Tyria don’t behave that way. They are VICIOUSLY AGGRESIVE and SUICIDAL VENGEFUL.
Most probable reason for the extinction of horses is they were anihilated by those terrifying, jealous, murdering deer.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

the horses in gw world are the kirin’s, on tyria there was alot of necrid horseman (riding undead kirin’s).

Actually i would blame Abbadon…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

They all achieved spiritual elevation to reach the horse paradise which they call The Running Dream. There, they can run endlessly on infinite lands made of the softest grass without ever being tired. They can be summoned back on Tyria for a brief moment by using a mystical trans-universe apparatus named The Dreamer.

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Assist_Lakor_Grizzlemouth_in_keeping_Meatoberfest_running_smoothly
and
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Centaur

honestly judging by all the hostile monsters packed in all the continents I don’t see much room for passive creatures. they get eaten.
I’m guessing the humans are bogarting some for their cavalry “charges”.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

I always assumed they are not present because it would make the Human’s too strong, if they had access to large numbers of cavalry.

I just think of all the battles and happenings in GW1 and picture the humans with a large cavalry force as well. Suspect things may have turned out quite differently.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

That…must be a really huge horse!

Or a really tiny norn,probably the tiniest of his kind hence he looks so sad.Probably made an outcast because of his tiny figure while he road off in the distance on his pony being laughed at by the other norns.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Where are the horsies?

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

They exist in the lore world they just aren’t show in the game world.

If you hang out by the D.R gates to Queensdale, you’ll hear Seraph talking about the centaurs and their relations to horses.

“Horses are for riding, who would want a pet that can speak?”

Where are the horsies?

Ashen.2907

I blame the Charr.

They were just normal horses which behaved like simple herd herbivores, eating grass and running for their lifes at the slightest sign of danger.
That survival strategy is ok in our planet, were most animals are slower than horses, and were predators are happy with just hunting when hungry.
But typical animals in Tyria don’t behave that way. They are VICIOUSLY AGGRESIVE and SUICIDAL VENGEFUL.
Most probable reason for the extinction of horses is they were anihilated by those terrifying, jealous, murdering deer.

Solid point…those deer are nasty. I wouldnt even be surprised to discover that they are meat eaters (only pretending to eat grass in order to lure us in close enough to attack).