Where are the new features?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: darkvise.3197

darkvise.3197

Where are the new features? Where are the new skills? New weapons? the third heavy armor class? Judging from the posts on this forum this features are continuously requested and no one are listen. And the worst thing is that no one of the developers are saying nothing. The only thing we might assume is that we will never see this things implemented. Can we have some official statement? Can i hope for some change?

p.s. And on the new living story, i have buyed GW2 no SUPER MARIO BROS! More dungeon less jumping.

(edited by darkvise.3197)

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

At no point what-so-ever did ANet promise any of these features with this update. That was entirely the fault of certain members of the community setting their expectations way to high. When ANet says those things are coming, then and only then will they be forthcoming.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: LeoWolfish.8917

LeoWolfish.8917

“However, NCsoft is scheduled to launch an
expansion pack for Guild Wars 2 in the US and Europe in 2015. Lineage Eternal, Metal Black:
Alternative, and various mobile games are also in the pipeline. "

Look for the thread in this forum titled: Gw2 Expansion Confirmed? by Demonts.

Also as Berelious has said Anet never actual promised a third heavy armour class or new skills. We still have more dragons to go based on lore alone but from what I can tell after looking up some old game play of the first guild wars we already have two more classes than the original anyway. I think.

Astra Ferndale – female Charr Mesmer of the Ash legion.

darkvise.3197

i know that no one has promised nothing, i have only said that many player are asking for those features

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

well my guildies and i asked for a pet pony therefore arena net must deliver

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

LeoWolfish.8917

i know that no one has promised nothing, i have only said that many player are asking for those features

Fair enough. Also if this expansion if 2015 turns out to be true they could very well be in there. I would love to see and go up against all the other dragons eventually even if they are not.

darkvise.3197

Your comment is useful as a "miner helmet powered by solar energy ".
Thanks for your trolling

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Thanks for your trolling

Confirmed! Solar powered helms for ponies !

LeoWolfish.8917

Thanks for your trolling

LOL that would be an interesting mob to see on April fools day or something.

Posted by: Swoo.5079

Swoo.5079

I was under the impression people kept requesting new permanent zones.

Ascended items are Anet biggest mistake and a kneejerk reaction.

darkvise.3197

Thanks for your trolling

LOL that would be an interesting mob to see on April fools day or something.

At least something good is came out of this thread

Posted by: revodeel.2651

revodeel.2651

Where are the new features? Where are the new skills? New weapons? the third heavy armor class? Judging from the posts on this forum this features are continuously requested and no one are listen. And the worst thing is that no one of the developers are saying nothing. The only thing we might assume is that we will never see this things implemented. Can we have some official statement? Can i hope for some change?

p.s. And on the new living story, we have buyed GW2 no SUPER MARIO BROS! More dungeon less jumping.

Let’s whine and complain. Ya wanna? This is what happens when people have no idea what they are talking about and mindlessly complain.

Back to reality, there have been interviews with devs stating that there will be new skills and weapons for existing professions. No time-frame given though (and who could blame them?). As far as a third heavy profession, from all the interviews I’ve watched and read, this is a “maybe” at best and is definitely towards the bottom of the to-do list.

P.S. Please don’t try to speak for everyone. I enjoyed the jumping mechanics in this chapter of the living world and so did many other players I’ve talked to. But I do agree, I also want more dungeons.

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Odd before the patch the only complaint for new things I saw was for a new map… now you are saying people have been requesting a new class and new weapons?

Also Features come from Feature patches. This was a story patch.

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I am still waiting for the new colours of commander tag, a change that should take, at most, a day of fiddling to implement….and it already seems to be in the code.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

p.s. And on the new living story, i have buyed GW2 no SUPER MARIO BROS! More dungeon less jumping.

More maps and a way to make new content becoming permanent were requested a LOT on forums, we got (or started to get) those two on this release.

Remember one thing, we’re not getting an expansion where a big bunch of content and features are added to the game at once, we’re getting small periodic aditions to the game both in content and features, for better or worse it’s the direction Anet decided to take the game into, we just got chapter 1 of a year long season so we can expect to get more content and features down the road.

Which direction (lots of content and features in one release followed by a long time of nothing new added Vs. small amount of content and features released periodically over a long time) is better, it’s up to each person to decide for themselves.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

I got a good laugh from this. Best post of the week.

darkvise.3197

More maps and a way to make new content becoming permanent were requested a LOT on forums, we got (or started to get) those two on this release.
Remember one thing, we’re not getting an expansion where a big bunch of content and features are added to the game at once, we’re getting small periodic aditions to the game both in content and features, for better or worse it’s the direction Anet decided to take the game into, we just got chapter 1 of a year long season so we can expect to get more content and features down the road.
Which direction (lots of content and features in one release followed by a long time of nothing new added Vs. small amount of content and features released periodically over a long time) is better, it’s up to each person to decide for themselves.

I like the game, i play the game often, but i stop putting money in the gem store for reasons related to my questions.
If they put out a expansion i will buy it, if they put out this features via living story i will restart using the gem store, but i will not spend more money for a product that on my eye is the same as the release date.
With this model and no information on the future is like buy blindly, and if you compare what they have released to other major mmorpg they have released half of an expansion.

P.S. Please don’t try to speak for everyone. I enjoyed the jumping mechanics in this chapter of the living world and so did many other players I’ve talked to. But I do agree, I also want more dungeons.

I have edited the p.s. so is refering to me

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

To respond to the title of the thread:

There will be ‘New Features’ (whatever they may be) in the next Feature Patch. Living Story is (and aptly named) made up of Story patches.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Thanks for your trolling

It’s actually just hyperbole not trolling (might be a straw man though), by taking the original argument to an absurd level the hope is to show short comings or issues with the original argument. Basically what he’s saying is that just because you want stuff doesn’t mean ANet has spend their time making the stuff you want.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

No one lied to you. Jumping was always in the game, and you bought it knowing it. Cry over it now, is pretty much troll

darkvise.3197

Thanks for your trolling

It’s actually just hyperbole not trolling (might be a straw man though), by taking the original argument to an absurd level the hope is to show short comings or issues with the original argument. Basically what he’s saying is that just because you want stuff doesn’t mean ANet has spend their time making the stuff you want.

Wow, this place is full of trolls
Your argument won’t work because this is not what i want, but what they want (anet). Or what they have said to want.
Go here http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Upcoming_changes_and_features#References,
read all the interview, come back and ask sorry, maybe i will forgive you .
I have only made some questions, i hope someone in the high of the sky will answer me. Nothing more. But please proceed to distort my post.