Where did all the players go?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

This last weeks, after the initial fuzz for HoT, the game became really quiet, so much some times i don’t think we fill a world boss map.

Is there any event going on? Or did the players left?

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

I’m not seeing this – maps are still buzzing and Teq is still going off as usual.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I have also noticed no recent deviation in the levels of social ineptitude clogging the chat during world bosses. If anything, I expect it will soon be increasing, as the people who bought the game during recent sales will be reaching the point where they can do all the bosses.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

People make breaks whiole they wait for HoT so simple, because until BHoT iwll get released, it looks like this game won’t receive anymore some significant updates, other than the typical gemstore stuff every few weeks, because all of the devs are working on HoT now…

If ANet doesn’t throw us a bone and some meath to gnaw and chew at via easy already existign content at least, many people have nothign to do in the game at all anymore, other than farming gold/mats, what isn’t really entertaining.

So its normal that a large part of the active community plays now GW2 alot lesser active to the point of loggin in only for doing maybe the dailies and loggin then out again for the rest of the day for those, that do care about AP or Daily Rewards.
But people which don#t care for these thigns, will naturally make a longer break now, until ANet adds again some content to the game, that keeps players entertained for some time, like a new explorable map, like a new class ect. what is all what we will receive with HoT

I to belong to those players, which don’t play GW2 currently so actively anymore, mostly only for Dailies/Daily rewards and some WvW at the moment, cause I’m waiting for HoT, what lead me to the point, that I currently play again more with my console games, that I still need to play hehe, so my consoles get some love more again

You will see alot more people in the game again, once HoT is there, or if ANet would finally decide to throw something into the game, that would keep people for a long time BUSY via existing content.

• Bring back Super Adventure Box World 1 and 2 again finally – this could keep people busy for quite some time …
  • Make another WvW TOURNAMENT
  • Open up again the Pavillion with some new Enemies in there that aren’t a huge task to make
  • Reimplement Living World Season 1 under the same System of Season 2, its already existing content, that just needs some tweaks here n there to get integrated back into the game as permanent content
  • Start finally a World Event based on the Build Up of Lions Arch, so that once HoT gets released, we will have build up to that point L.A again, maybe with special rewards for servers, that build up L.A. again before HoT gets released to give players also an incentive to partake as good as possible in that gargantuan task so that you server will get these rewards if you are quick enough
  • Make some redesigns of the World Bosses similar to Tequatl and let the Boss Week return, somethign that requires some effort yes, but should be doable in the background, while working on HoT and slowing HoT’s progress not too much down, but it would keep people busy

By the lack of information regarding the most interesting topics of HoT (GH’s and Specializations), its normal and clear, that people will make breaks of this game, especially when they have already done mostly everything in this game up until this point.

ANet has enough options to keep us busy for enough time that they can work on Hot in the backgroumd, but sadly currently we see anet utilising nothing of these easy options to keep us busy.

Instead they feed us rarely with some blogposts of HoT infos, that are only for a minority of people interesting enough to stay hyped and entertained in such a time, where you have ingame nearly nothing to do at all anymore, other than grinding for all kinds of basic stuff in this game – gold and materials

and if Anet doesn’t throw us a bone very soon, I guess alot more people qill quickly make longer breaks of this game, its just that downward spiral of boredom, that every game will hit on sooner or later if there isn’t constant content to keep you somehow busy/informed about new things to come that you want to know and that are relative to the actual GAMEPLAY of this game in the future and not just only its lore….

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Well there is only so much you can do in GW2 before the game becomes incredibly stale and boring, especially with the lack of any real content updates. Personally I just log in to do my dailies and then I’m off again (sometimes I don’t even bother to do even that and just log in to get the daily reward).

I won’t be really playing GW2 until HoT comes out. I expect a lot of people feel the same way.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I see about the same concentrations of players wherever I go, with the exception that the L1-15 zones are quieter now than in the week after a 75%-off sale. (That’s exactly what I would expect, as folks tend only to return to those areas for short periods, to tackle World Bosses, dailies, leveling another toon.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

Because there is not active content.Theyare out playing other games because that content is new to them and exciting. GW2 is nothing but a grind at the moment so nobody cares to play. Al the players you see are just starting or casuals.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Well there is only so much you can do in GW2 before the game becomes incredibly stale and boring, especially with the lack of any real content updates. Personally I just log in to do my dailies and then I’m off again (sometimes I don’t even bother to do even that and just log in to get the daily reward).

I won’t be really playing GW2 until HoT comes out. I expect a lot of people feel the same way.

Same, could have used a xpac a year ago. Pretty maxed out in this game and don’t want to burn out before HoT. Log in for Tequatl that’s it. It’s a nice break checking out other games; swtor story and leveling a character in W* waiting for news on their new play model.

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Everyone got hyped for HoT, then Anet dropped the ball again. They didn’t keep players interested after the HoT announcement. How did they not see this coming? They should have had another major update following that announcement to keep people interested until HoT. It boggles my mind they didn’t do this.

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

The game has been hemorrhaging people for a while now. Why do you think they came up with the mega-server? Add to that the fact that there is no new content and hasn’t been new worthwhile content added in quite some time it’s not hard to figure out why the game seems dead at the moment.

BG

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

The game has been hemorrhaging people for a while now. Why do you think they came up with the mega-server? Add to that the fact that there is no new content and hasn’t been new worthwhile content added in quite some time it’s not hard to figure out why the game seems dead at the moment.

Just saying, judging from the results of attacks on wildstar making it pretty clear that ANet and Wildstar share servers, combine that with the release of the megaservers with all their problems seeming a bit rushed and not fully fleshed out, I’m quite sure the reason for megaservers had very very little to do with GW2 and much more to do with clearing up server space for what was supposed to be an insane success in Wildstar. When you really look at the effect of megaservers on GW2 the negatives pretty easily outweigh the positives, especially when you consider the positives could all still have been achieved with the guesting system.

May be a bit tinfoilhattish, but I still believe that to be what happened.

Not disagreeing with the hemorrhaged players thing though, the game is quite dull to me lately, when it comes to playing or sleeping, I keep finding my choice to be sleep… and no, I’m not saying staying up all night or sleeping, I’m saying afternoon nap or play, though granted I do love naps

Posted by: Sekhmet.6153

Sekhmet.6153

I’ve definitely noticed less players in certain parts of the game. There are some maps where I’ve barely run into anyone even during events.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Well each year between may and august there is less ppl playing video games in general. I stopped playing GW2 in the last two summer, my guilds have just enough ppl to do 1 set of guild mission each week, we have around 20-40 ppl online at all time.

Compare that to the two full guild mission per week with 50+ ppl on our TS and around 50-100 ppl online all the time during the winter.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I suppose that it’s like this for everyone who live in the northern countries (Canada, northern US States, France, German, UK, etc). Nothing to do with the game in particular, just that a lot of ppl start to work again during the summer, and more ppl do stuff outside and play less video games.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

To add to what Thaddeus said regarding general “spring fever” effects on those of us in snowy areas, you may have noticed a slight drop in players when spring break ended. Obviously, I don’t know where the OP is geographically, but this past month saw a lot of high school and college students with extra free time which has now ended.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

GT5 just come out on PC and Anet really not giving us anything to do for months now…

Posted by: Vanchatron.2306

Vanchatron.2306

Game is boring. Not surprised.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Seeing high levels of people in most zones I go to. If anything I’m seeing more and more people around in some places.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

People are still playing from my experience. And based on the amount of new/returning player topics on the forums and on reddit I would say that it is probably MORE people playing now than there was half a year ago.

Game is boring. Not surprised.

And yet here you still are.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

They made the game stale by

1) funneling everyone off the maps to World bosses for chests.

2) taking loot drops away from mobs

3) further killing loot with the gem store model.

Are you really excited about HoT? I’m not. The only thing i saw thus far is a promise to make more hoops to jump through (likely on an even more congested map.)

Oh yeah, They’re going to over haul traits. from past experiences that leaves me more nervous than excited.

Sure, Revenent , new skills/weapons and Guild halls could be may be fun for a short while. I’m not excited about HoT though. It’s like trying to season tasteless food in hopes of making it a a yummy delicacy.

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

I’ve seen MMOs evolve as much in two trimesters as GW2 in three years. Imho that is the likely cause of dwindling numbers.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Posted by: Lordareon.6851

Lordareon.6851

Well, we cant know if it has more or less since there isn’t a “Online Player Counter”.

From my Point of View, I’ve been playing seriously since January, and Tequatl for example, always gets the map full, sometimes there are 2 or 3 instances of Tequatl that actually can beat him.
In the initial areas, i’ve seen enough players, ones completing the world, others from the sale, others just leveling another character as i was doing.
Sometimes you can get unlucky and end up in a almost-empty instance.

Though by judging the facts, GW2 is still the highest ranked game on mmorpg.com.

Comparing to WoW, when i played, like 1 year and a half back, stormwind was crowded with ppl. Now its just a ghost town. More and more we’re losing players to MOBAs.

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

They should have added some temporary content before leaving us in the dark, as they’ll be busy for the next few months.
Sure, I remember hearing that “there won’t be any content during the process of developing HoT”, or something along those lines, but even so, doesn’t change the fact it is a terrible idea to leave us with nothing to occupy our time and money.

1. SAB,
2. Season 1 events.
You could have spent a week going threw a few bugs while giving us a re-hash of some old content.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

Just not much to do after you’ve been around for a bit if the main part of the game is what you’re wanting. There’s no incentive to go back to the Straits, etc, unless you’re after certain item drop. SW gives the highest returns by farming chests, not exactly thrilling, and there are only so many times you’ll want to take the forts and do VW.

PvP, WvW, and Fractals, and grinding zones you’re over-leveled for to get map completion—three of which do little to make you more connected to the lore of the game, which is a pretty important part of the MMO experience for many MMO players—are all you have left at 80. You could spend more money on LS2 if you like, but most players make it seem more of a chore that’s essential to Luminescent armor rather than something worth playing.

I’ve started playing and putting my money into other games at the moment. Logging in for the daily rewards and guild events here and there but that’s about it.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Outside of guild raids and GvG I’m playing some other game until the expansion is out.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

The bottom line is that both content development and evolution AND balance iteration in GW2 are ridiculously slow. Slower by far than any other MMO I’ve ever played, including lower budget ones. Players are only interested in repeating the same content so many times in a given period.

There is not enough rewarding content in the game to keep most people interested for more than a few months.

They were stupid to announce HoT so early and then not have a plan for keeping people hyped over the interim months before it was released. I can’t help but think it’s all related to just poor management.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

They should have added some temporary content before leaving us in the dark, as they’ll be busy for the next few months.
Sure, I remember hearing that “there won’t be any content during the process of developing HoT”, or something along those lines, but even so, doesn’t change the fact it is a terrible idea to leave us with nothing to occupy our time and money.

1. SAB,
2. Season 1 events.
You could have spent a week going threw a few bugs while giving us a re-hash of some old content.

Say thanks to all the people that constantly wrote that they don’t want any more
temp content and better just an expansion every 2 years, and when they have
burned through it in 2-4 weeks they will gladly wait another 2 years until the
next expansion.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’ve not noticed a drop in player numbers. But I do think it depends on where in the world you are.

On the EU servers it’s not uncommon to have a choice of 2 or 3 silverwastes chest farming maps, and at least 1 event map at peak times, at least 1 Drytop map getting to at least tier 4, plus people doing world bosses, doing guild missions, doing dungeons etc.

But if you head out to Timberline Falls or Harathi Hinterlands or any other mid-level map and it’s not required for the daily you could definitely be forgiven for thinking the game is 1/2 empty.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

(edited by Danikat.8537)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

But if you head out to Timberline Falls or Harathi Hinterlands or any other mid-level map and it’s not required for the daily you could definitely be forgiven for thinking the game is 1/2 empty.

Haha .. do you remember how Timberline Falls was before the megaserver ?

You could stand beside the rich platin node there at morning 3-4:00 and just log out
and login in, and the node was again there because the map was closed and create
new when you were the only player on a map.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Ha! where all the players go. Well easy to answer. & this was something i predicted & thread i started that got removed by Anet. Reason why cuz the topic was talking about another popular game that was not Gw2. The reason why is that last Tuesday not only 1 super popular game came out, but 2 super popular game came out. & lots of the twitch streamers that covered Gw2 are less & less covering the game. Witch in turn the folowers & guilds where they belong are following them to does new & exiting games. If your wondering witch games im talking about, ( Gt@ & MK….X)

Yep does are the reasons.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

1. SAB,
2. Season 1 events.

Say thanks to all the people that constantly wrote that they don’t want any more
temp content and better just an expansion every 2 years, and when they have
burned through it in 2-4 weeks they will gladly wait another 2 years until the
next expansion.

Any good MMO releases expansions AND applies frequent content and balance patches between the expansions. GW2 is currently in the state it should have been in roughly 1.5 years ago in terms of existing content.

Anet is either working with severely limited resources or is suffering from very poor management.

Posted by: Leming.8436

Leming.8436

GTA V – ONLINE got released few days ago, i imagine many people left to play GTA

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

Games come and go. The best ones have fans that play it for a very long time, while others move on to whatever is new. Thats just how it is. Thats why you see the surge in playerbase when new content comes out, and then it recedes when that content runs out.

I’ve been addicted to FFXIV lately. I think it may just end up finally pulling me away from GW2 and after seeing how ANet operates, i’m rather not too sad about that.

Life is finding happiness. Go find yours wherever you can.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

If you’re expecting players to play a game consistently day after day after day forever then you don’t know gamers at all. We burn out and take breaks to play other games, I took two months off GW2 despite having LOTS of alts to level and things I still haven’t done so I could enjoy something else. All this paranoia about “GW2 DYING” reminds me of the same crap that was said about Second Life since the day I joined – seven years ago. Everyone is so eager for the game to die…

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

Games come and go. The best ones have fans that play it for a very long time…

Outside of having a guild to keep players involved, GW2 really doesn’t have the content to keep players playing for a long period of time. Heck, outside of guild missions and WvW there’s really not that much guild content. Ironic as always for a game with guild in its title.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Young girls picked them everyone?

Posted by: alwinp.2791

alwinp.2791

Its even more funny when you realise the exsessive demand towards super adventure box / pavilion & festival events

They are already programmed, already designed, all they could do is enable it to 1 and bring it back. it would keep old players AND new players occupied untill more news comes about the expansion.

Posted by: alwinp.2791

alwinp.2791

Outside of having a guild to keep players involved, GW2 really doesn’t have the content to keep players playing for a long period of time. Heck, outside of guild missions and WvW there’s really not that much guild content. Ironic as always for a game with guild in its title.

this

I explored the world in a matter of weeks, that was when i was still roaming arround as a new casual gamer. If you know how to do things in this game its quite suprising how fast you discovered every bit of content in this game.

After that its pretty much just lvling toons, farming ascended gear or collecting towards legendary. And all of these things is just a boring grind where you repeat content X over & over.

Plok.5873

The bottom line is that both content development and evolution AND balance iteration in GW2 are ridiculously slow. Slower by far than any other MMO I’ve ever played, including lower budget ones. Players are only interested in repeating the same content so many times in a given period.

The slow evolvement would be so much less of a problem if the game had more sandbox features, allowing us to entertain ourselves with it.

However, a MMO strongly leaning to the theme park side and only slowly adding more sandbox content is a pretty unfortunate combination.

On top of that the single-thread choked DX9 client acts as a sort of “soft content blocker” for people running CPUs with lower single-thread performance.
The FPS drops put people off WvW and public boss fights.

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

Well its a none fee game so ppl don;t feel as forced to log in every day to get there moneys worth this game is a great pick up when ever then take a 2-12 month brake

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’m taking a break due to GTA V PC……still log in to get daily chest.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

What you’re seeing is the effect of no Living Story, or seasonal/special event, carrots to chase while ANet works on the expansion. When the dailies reset, you’ll then see a boost of players for an hour or two, and then they return to whatever else they were doing.

In other words, there’s nothing for the established players to do right now if they’ve done a majority of the game and it achievements. In hindsight, removing the monthly achievements appear to also be a mistake now.

And the information, or lack thereof, about the expansion hasn’t exactly been roses and rainbows. Any hype is pretty much not there for many players. It’s sad, but posters warned about this very thing months and months ago. Still, people had to have their expansion.

So here we are.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Plok.5873

The classic theme park MMO dilemma, no one, not even Blizzard with their massive funding, can produce quality content as fast as gamers burn through it.
And every time they did, they’ll be bored and seek entertainment somewhere else… and might be permanently lost to the game.

Posted by: Lordareon.6851

Lordareon.6851

I see so many people arguing for content and all but, can you put one example of game that can deliver so much content plus and expansion at the same time? I don’t know of no one like that. I’m starting to think that the easy leveling we have in GW2 actually hurts more than helps, since ppl reach level 80 fast and then, mentally, the “game is over”.
I’m still discovering content of the game, of course not as much as when i started.
The funny thing to know is that the most played games in the world (LOL, CS:GO, etc) don’t get content as much we do in MMOs and yet no one is complaining.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Let me tell you a story. Before I got married, I used to always open the door for my girlfriend and later my fiancée. After we got married, I slowly started to stop that behavior. And she got kittened and said, “If you did it before, and I liked it, you don’t get to stop now.”

And that’s why people complain about Guild Wars 2 recently. We got Living Story updates and content every two weeks to two months, depending on certain situations, and now we’re getting nothing. In a nutshell, ANet set a certain standard of expectations with their continual updates.

Now? We get nada until some undisclosed time in the future. Maybe this summer? Maybe this Christmas? Maybe next year?

See the problem? I know I am and so are a lot of players. Thus this thread and the exodus.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

LucosTheDutch.4819

They made the game stale by

1) funneling everyone off the maps to World bosses for chests.

2) taking loot drops away from mobs

3) further killing loot with the gem store model.

Are you really excited about HoT? I’m not. The only thing i saw thus far is a promise to make more hoops to jump through (likely on an even more congested map.)

Oh yeah, They’re going to over haul traits. from past experiences that leaves me more nervous than excited.

Sure, Revenent , new skills/weapons and Guild halls could be may be fun for a short while. I’m not excited about HoT though. It’s like trying to season tasteless food in hopes of making it a a yummy delicacy.

I fully agree. GW2’s PvE has been stale for a long time. There is so much I dislike about GW2’s PvE.

1) I never liked how they drip-fed us content through the Living Story. Each chapter and the content that came with it usually could only keep me interested for a week at most.

2) No new dungeons after the TA Aetherblade path. We’re still stuck with the same 8 dungeons which I can speedrun with my eyes closed in full Berserker gear and never die. I get the feeling Anet merely added dungeons to GW2 because they felt obligated to do so, as an MMO without dungeons would probably not appeal to many people. But I don’t think Anet gives a crap about dungeons or instanced content.

3) All the cosmetics and stuff I like can be bought on the gemstore, which means I can just buy whatever I want (either with gold or irl money) and then I don’t know what to do because I already have everything that I want. There is nothing awesome to work for in GW2 other than grinding your kitten off for legendaries, which I already did, multiple times, I got the legendaries I want.

4) Worldbosses are a boring zergfest, even more so after the introduction of megaservers and the worldboss schedules. Even Tequatl has been reduced to farm-status.

5) There is nothing challenging left in GW2’s PvE other than Fractals, which get stale and boring after a while as well.

If GW2 didn’t have PvE and WvW I would have quit GW2 a long time ago. PvP and WvW kept me playing GW2. But playing against the same 2 servers in WvW and playing against the same people in PvP is only fun for so long. Even those two game-modes which I used to enjoy quite a lot have gotten boring and stale for me. Hence I’m taking a hiatus from GW2 right now and only log in ever so often to get my daily reward chest.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Well, as I have said before, from my perspective, there are things wrong with the game, that limit its true potential and nothing seems to be being done about them.

That, along with things like lag and certain aspects of the game being dominated by less than pleasant players, with boring (if design-related) methods, will inevitably tend to gradually put people off.

Most of us are simply not goldfarmers – we play games to have fun.

It’s a shame, really, as the levelling experience is pretty good and it’s, undoubtedly, a beautiful game.

But, even beautiful gets boring, eventually, if there is no real substance under the surface.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: Pockethole.5031

Pockethole.5031

But, even beautiful gets boring, eventually, if there is no real substance under the surface.

so it’s easy to hop from playing one game to another.
guess why im not in gw2 right now?
im playing maplestory. because they got new damage skin at an event, so i made an angelic buster, prepared her with nx (about 50 euros in my phonebill to come, and depending on wednesday cash shop update, +50 euros more. fun has a cost. SECRET TRUTH: GW2 IS TOO DARK GAME – like graphically dark. games are traditionally CONTRASTIC. thats what gw2 is missing. WoW is dark as well but still flashier than GW2. (just think about draenei, orc, goblin skin colors. mounts. contrast.)

so yea im just playing maple its not hard to leave 3d and do 2d. reasons above.
THIS, IS WHAT IM DOING

Attachments:

(edited by Pockethole.5031)

LucosTheDutch.4819

How in the world is GW2 too dark of a game? It’s one of the more vibrant and saturated MMOs I’ve ever played (only topped by WoW and Wildstar).

And lol, Maplestory…

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

First let’s get something straight, for everyone that keeps bringing up the Guild in Guild Wars title, even in the first game, though it did include GvG, the title referred to the Guild Wars in Tyria’s past, it was lore, nothing more.

Second, this game has more content then the first game, yet there are people that still play the first game after how many years? Fun is what you make it to be, not what someone else makes it for you, but it seems that most people want someone else to make the fun for them. Go try everything until you find something that is fun to you, then ignore what the rest of the world has to say, because it’s only their opinion and their opinion doesn’t mean a rats butt to me.

Posted by: A Volcano.2510

A Volcano.2510

Let me tell you a story. Before I got married, I used to always open the door for my girlfriend and later my fiancée. After we got married, I slowly started to stop that behavior. And she got kittened and said, “If you did it before, and I liked it, you don’t get to stop now.”

And that’s why people complain about Guild Wars 2 recently. We got Living Story updates and content every two weeks to two months, depending on certain situations, and now we’re getting nothing. In a nutshell, ANet set a certain standard of expectations with their continual updates.

Now? We get nada until some undisclosed time in the future. Maybe this summer? Maybe this Christmas? Maybe next year?

See the problem? I know I am and so are a lot of players. Thus this thread and the exodus.

If you did it before, you should still be doing it, even if you have been married for 15 years like I have.