Where do you do your daily?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tyncale.1629

Tyncale.1629

I usually do my dailies in one of the starterzones, the Norn one is pretty good with lots of DE’s firing off in the snowy part. You can also get all 15 different animals easily in that snowy area.

I was already doing them every day, but now that you earn a whopping 4500 karma with them too, I can actually see myself getting a few different Orr sets in a reasonable amount of time! Thank you Anet, for this serious upgrade of the daily reward.

I actually find the dailies a really relaxing way to start my play session; they usually do not take much longer then 10-20 minutes, I love the sightseeing in Tyria with the great graphics, and the downscaling works nicely in that you are very powerfull in those starterzones, yet it does not become completely trivial(try running into a cluster of Ice elementals for fun). Also the Shaman champion still kicks some major kitten!

Anyone not doing his dailies, or maybe decided to start doing them now? And where do you do them?

Posted by: Pants.8315

Pants.8315

Normally just do it as I go a long to be honest. Haven’t found that I needed to go out of my way to compete it. Minus in Orr, where I normally have to head elsewhere for the kill variety.

I do them almost daily anyway, the mystic coins are going to come in useful for getting my 2 shiny daggers at 80.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Theoretically, if you only do the dailies and monthlies, you only need to spend around 4 months-ish of doing those to get your legendary stuff. Not including the actual DE events you’ll do, the huge karma you’ll gain from doing explo, and the occassional karma train (just to spice things up). Personally, i have 200k karma already, and would probably need only 2-3 months more to get my legendary. plenty of time to farm up around 400g-ish for my legendary. :P (this is using the +karma booster ofc)

wait i forgot how much jugs do you get for monthlies again?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Tyncale.1629

Tyncale.1629

Yes, Orr is bad for doing dailies. Risen are just boring….. Penatbater, you get 10 jugs for your monthly. Just finished mine yesterday, 45k karma, yeah! Immediately picked up another piece of my Orr Dwayna armor set.

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

I usually just walk off in some direction and start banging heads together until I run into the required DE’s. No particular zone.

Not really efficient, but not playing efficiently has been one of the great joys of GW2 for me, so far.

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

Posted by: Koolthulu.9682

Koolthulu.9682

With leveling alts, the daily just does itself. I never have to think about it.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

oh if it’s 10 jugs only, then around 3 months + a few days =P and yep, doing alts are a good way to get dailies.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

I don’t focus on doing any dailies. If they happen, yay. If not during the time I play, then no big deal.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

wait i forgot how much jugs do you get for monthlies again?[/quote]

AmateurNet

Posted by: Arsenal.2601

Arsenal.2601

I’m still leveling characters so my plan is more or less the same.

When I start the game, I’m usually one to three levels below the next story point. I look to see where the next story instance is taking place, pick a starting point some far distance from there, and just travel in a round about way toward it, trying to take in as many events, puzzles, skill points, Vistas, and new territory etc. as possible. By the time I get to the Little Green Floating Star, both the leveling and dailies have taken care of themselves.

“I’m always achieving greatness!”

Posted by: Akhet.6527

Akhet.6527

wait i forgot how much jugs do you get for monthlies again?

Ten.

So 6750 with karma boosters which equals 67500 holy craaappppp

Pretty much doubled my karma last night.

Varien Sundfor
Council Leader of Flux Capacity [FLUX]
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

To be honest, it feels like too much now.

It’s a theme with their adjustments.
Something that’s a little too much, they hammer to almost nothing.
And here, it feels like the daily, being 20 times a typical DE, wow! and the montly being x 200!

Cool, but a complete about-face, where initially karma was coveted and conserved, now total gravy train. We’ll all be chuckin karma gear in the forge. (which again, don’t get me wrong, I’m all for it — just has a feeling like poverty to riches all at once)

Oh obligatory on-topic part:
I do kill variety on an alt, cuz the low zones have a lot of different kinds of mobs. I try to finish it on one of my characters that’s in Orr, for the bigger payout.

(edited by mulch.2586)

Posted by: Promega.7628

Promega.7628

ANet does not stand to gain much $ from your lack of karma so why not make players feel rewarded by giving them more. However they do stand to gain $ by selling you gems which convert to gold, so in game gold acquisition seems to be more tightly restricted.

Posted by: ciannait.1945

ciannait.1945

I’m still farming mats from starter zones for my crafters, so I tend to do them there. Right now I’m spending time in Metrica Province. Might go back to Queensdale tomorrow.

Posted by: Revelstoke.8924

Revelstoke.8924

Completely ignorant question…where do you ‘start’ the dailies? Im 80 and can’t say I’ve ever seen a quest NPC give a ‘daily’ quest…or does it just happen by way of what you’re doing? If the latter, how do you ‘know what to do’ to finish the daily?

I should probably stop playing PvP and ..ya know…play the game. lol

Shrubfelty – 80 Ele
Angus the Black – 80 War
Adrich – 80 Thief

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Usually on of my side characters, but often parts of it on my main character as well. I don’t have a set daily routine, and sometimes I don’t even manage to finish my daily, because I get busy doing other stuff (like dungeons).

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

ciannait.1945

The dailies are just, “kill 15 mobs, kill five types of mobs, do 5 DEs, gather 15 mats”. Not any quest handed out like in WoW (which is why I haaaated dailies in WoW).

Posted by: Revelstoke.8924

Revelstoke.8924

Ah gotcha, thanks Cian.

Shrubfelty – 80 Ele
Angus the Black – 80 War
Adrich – 80 Thief

ciannait.1945

Usually on of my side characters, but often parts of it on my main character as well. I don’t have a set daily routine, and sometimes I don’t even manage to finish my daily, because I get busy doing other stuff (like dungeons).

I absolutely love that the dailies are account-wide, not character-specific. Get bored of my ranger? Switch to my mesmer. Sweet!

Posted by: Mik Hell.8206

Mik Hell.8206

I complete them while playing normaly: I don’t got to a specific maps, they just “happen”.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Really depends on my mood and if I might not have long to play (like to find or wait for DE). So I either just play any character I feel like, or I jump in between them to speed up the process and distribute the little extra xp bonus. You get a tad more silver for doing it with a higher level, not sure if it’s relevant how much or if it only has to be the last thing.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”