Where has this game been all my life!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BeanyUndead.9256

BeanyUndead.9256

Hey there everyone! I have just started playing Guild Wars 2 and it is absolutely amazing. I cannot believe I wasted so much time playing games like Rift and Wow when this gem was out there! Brilliant. I absolutely love the dynamic event system and how you can actually affect the development of the world!

I linked up with a friend of mine and we quested together. GW2 has a great loot system and the missions are so much fun when playing with someone else. I have uploaded a fifteen minute ’Let’s Play’ highlights video to YouTube recently, all taken from a single day of playing…just thought I’d share.

Anyway, to the devs…you guys and girls are inspired!

BeanyUndead

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Congrats on your purchase! This a great game. Prepare to be flamed.

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

I won’t flame at all, but I was honestly expecting that video to be a Rick Roll.

Valar Morghulis

Posted by: Moteris.5913

Moteris.5913

Welcome to the game!!! Do not let the internet trolls discourage you, this game is fun.

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

You’ll learn soon enough.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Glad you like it! I hope your enthusiasm carries over the bump in the road as nothing is every perfect. I still love the game after some 4000 played hours.

You have discovered the true treasure of the game: A friend with you. If you ever have place for another, I volunteer!

I watched the video, it was nice to see all those familiar places through other eyes. And you have so may other places to explore, people to see and events… I am almost evnvious of you! (But I love my band of characters and would not trade them.)

Posted by: Berethor.6142

Berethor.6142

Completely agree I loved Wow and after that Rift, then I found GW2, This is by far my favorite MMO yet, I like the majority of the changes that have been implemented and I don’t plan on leaving any time soon.

Posted by: Tecca.4036

Tecca.4036

Welcome aboard! Glad you’re enjoying yourself. I personally think this is the best MMO I’ve played and I’ve been around the block a few times. Just don’t be discouraged with some of the stuff you may see on the forums. The opinions on here generally aren’t popular opinion and the people that enjoy the game are normally found in the game.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

Don’t let the naysayers get you down. I’ve been playing since launch and the game is awesome. I may not like everything or agree with every design decision made by the devs, but that’s true for every game I’ve played. I’ve played lots of other MMOs and this is by far my favorite.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Positive posts around here is getting rare, it is awesome to see one
Welcome to GW2 and yes, this is an amazing MMO, obviously it has some flaws like any other thing in the world, but the positive features easily overshadow them.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Welcome, looks like you like to zoom in.
Try changing the camera into an over-the-shoulder view, you might find the immersion better.

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Like all games it gets repetitive but for $50 and no monthly fee it is VERY easy to get a great value for the dollar. It is one of the best MMOs I have ever played.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

I love these bits:

“Awww how cute and cuddly” chatter
HE STOLE OUR BOMB (and then the bomb plan failure)
Bear puns
AUGH A DEMON KILL IT KILL IT WITH FIRE
“You’re my witness” when jumping off the cliff.

Welcome to Guild Wars 2!

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Nice video. I remember when the game was that new for me. Enjoy!

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Draugl.8079

Draugl.8079

And this is why i think that GW2 could be better now if they focused more on the actual world and worked on dynamic events and stuff

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Welcome to GW2, Beany! This is an awesome game that you will keep on enjoying. Do the things you like, challenge yourself by trying new things and it will stay fresh for you. It has for me and I am always discovering new things about this game.

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

“I’m healing you by gently stroking your leg!” LOL

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Posted by: SingleDoubt.6047

SingleDoubt.6047

Omg Bombing the bandit! That was the best!

Posted by: wolfpaq.7354

wolfpaq.7354

Stay away from ascended gear and this game will stay very enjoyable for you. Glad you like it!

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Welcome to Tyria ^^.As many people said above….dont pay much attention on forums cause this community here is vary toxic and talk lot of bad things about GW2 wile at same time playing the game (ironic right?).With one side its understandable cause they do that not cause they dont like game,it is cause they do LIKE IT,but they complain cause they want better game of this or they whould not pay attention on game at all.You come kinda in good time cause season 1 Leaving Story is ending in next LS patch and next1 is gonna be fun

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

His enthusiasm might actually last for quite a while now we are almost rid of LS.

Anyway, welcome to the game!

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

lol funny video. welcome to gw2.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Welcome to Tyria! I haven’t watched a GW2-player video in a long time. I enjoyed yours, thanks for sharing. =)

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Start a guild with your friends. Slay your enemies and conquer The Mists!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Welcome.

You’ll learn soon enough.

This game has it’s problems here and there but it’s still the best mmo.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

hahaha! awesome video
Welcome to the game

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Welcome to the game, mate. Nice video. It’s always interesting to see someone else’s experience.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I thoroughly enjoyed watching that. Thanks! And welcome to the next 5,000 hours of your life! Your journey has already begun.

(keep away from the train)

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

I do appreciate such threads, because they make me realize just how fortunate I was to have spent most my time on GW 1 instead of one of those typical mmos.
Pity GW2 feels like one of the latter in comparison to the predecessor.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Welcome to GW2. I wish we could get more content like the open world zones and leveling content. To me, it was the best stuff ever. Unfortunately it looks like we won’t be getting big new zones like that in the near future, if ever.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

It is a good game release, and you’ll have a lot of fun.

In a few months as you experience the game and learn more about its under lying mechanics and features, you will come to see there are things that need fixing, improvement, or addition to the game. You’ll voice your concern, but nothing will be done.

It’s a good game release don’t get me wrong, but ANet don’t care about what the players think to drive this game forward, instead opting to do their own thing almost all of the time.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

Posted by: Nimshae.2743

Nimshae.2743

Hey there, Welcome to Tyria!
I also love this game, I play with my Husband as a duo and we have the best time!. Hands down this is the most engaging, beautiful and freindly communities that I have come accross in 12 years of playing MMO’s when I started in Dark Age of Camelot.

Some tips, find a good guild, and a server where you are comfortable with the community. Listien to advice but don’t let it rule your playstyle, there is room enough for us all. Some builds work because it’s you using them, they don’t have to make sense to anyone else.

Take frequent breaks to get outside and put the controller down, think of the game as an amble through beautiful terrain, not a sprint. Most dissatisfaction comes from people who have experienced burn out.

And just take it for what it is, one of the best MMO’s out there at the moment, a place to escape to.

Again welcome to Tyria, we are glad to have you!!

Sarah

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I absolutely love the dynamic event system and how you can actually affect the development of the world!

Is that you, Colin?

Welcome nevertheless.

Posted by: normyp.8671

normyp.8671

As much as I love the lore and the setting of the game the game itself really isn’t that great. I love the event system but the combat is just a bore to me. It was good to begin with but it’s just lacking something. Guild Wars 1 was a perfect balance of difficulty and fun, granted the low level areas were barely populated but I think that game was much more fun to play than this pile of kitten. To be honest, GW1 is the only MMO I’ve ever properly enjoyed and I still couldn’t play that that much without getting bored.

Posted by: Rykdean.6253

Rykdean.6253

Wonderfully fun video to watch. Look forward to a next installment.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It’s a good game; I actually like the simple combat and messing with builds though they could expand in that direction.

The key to enjoying the game is to avoid the materialism part as the game’s risk/reward system is just not very good atm.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: BeanyUndead.9256

BeanyUndead.9256

Thanks everyone! Love this forum! Love the community! Love the game! Seriously, I had an account problem, emailed the support crew (krew), and I had a response to my problem and a fix in ten minutes…who does that? I mean, ten minutes! When I was playing Neverwinter, it took them two weeks to provide the same help.

I sent out a request for in-game-assistance via chat as I was having difficulty with a Champion and the community was fantastic. Really supportive, eager to help. I am sold on this game. So much so that I have got my wife, my brother and six of my friends into it…they all love it too.

Got the next instalment of the Let’s Play video as I level for the first time…

Really, I have no idea why you would want to play anything else

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

‘By the power of rabbits, I destroy you.’

That cracked me up. Thank you for sharing both your videos. I enjoyed watching them and experiencing again that wide-eyed wonder of starting this game new. I still experience that wonder at times and I have been playing for over a year. It is indeed a fantastic game and the community, for the most part, is a great one.

So, from a fellow Aussie, welcome to Tyria. Enjoy your stay and don’t let the Negative Nancys get you down.

PS, wish I could talk some of my friends into joining too but they just look at me funny and go back to discussing shoe shopping.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

oh your video’s are great

I was really impressed when you guys took on the toxic event- those things are very dicey

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

hahahahaha
your videos bring back so many fun memories from when gw2 launched
hint there is actually an achievement you can do while killing chickens or bunnies

master of overkill you need to do over 300k dmg to the target in one shot

I got mine with bunnies for 1.2 million damage that was just sweet I used to love killing bunnies :P I would actually go out of my way just to kill them with fire or lightning ahhahahaha

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

since you’re leveling in Queensdale, I just want to say, Do not get suck into the champ train. It’s for people with alts.
Just enjoy exploring all the maps.

I know some new people who get sucked into train and think that’s the way to play the game

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Running away from a veteran toxic nimross is acceptable, those ettin hallucinations it keeps summoning, along with the extra health from its veteran status, and the constant DOT circles, just make it not worth the effort to fight.

Its like it is specifically designed around the zerker meta, expecting anyone that takes them on to drop the ettins in no time flat.

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

“I’m healing you by gently stroking your leg!” LOL

LET ME RUB YOU :U

Anyway I’ve got 6k-odd hours played and I still like the game.

Sure, some things get annoying, but that’s every game and something will always annoy someone. There’s a lot of things to like, too.

Oh, don’t forget to bind aoe loot to its own key.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Sylv.5324)

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

Please make more of these! I’ve subscribed to your channel in the hopes that you make more of these entertaining (and for me and a lot of others nostalgic) videos.

A year after launch and towards the conclusion of the biggest living story arc to date you have the rare perspective of someone discovering GW2 for the first time. I’ve played and loved this game for over a year and sometimes it’s easy to forget that first sense of jaw dropping wonder during those first few weeks/months.

So please ‘By the power of rabbits!’ make more of these and chronicle for yourself and for us these first adventures in GW2. And welcome to Tyria!

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

Since these videos are such a refreshing reminder and even an anti-toxin to a lot of the negativity that can creep into these forums I feel it’s relevant to post a link to one of my other favorite remedies for the jaded or the forgetful.

Guild Wars 2 Angry Joe Review

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Oh, the boundless joy you have! Brilliant.

Loved the video and will be watching more (subscribed!). Cheers for the entertainment and make many more!

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

This is a great thread!

I also came from WoW and Rift and this beats them both hands down. Its such a good looking game, and the music and sound effects are top notch. And you’ve turned up at the perfect time when the writers have stopped writing crappy Living story chapters and will soon create amazing high fantasy stuff.

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

Really Nice and Funny Video’s :-)