Where have all the pirates gone?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I want to find some Tiny Bags of Booty
They should drop from level 1-15 pirates
But where can you find pirates with that low of level?
The wiki says there are pirate camps in Gendarran, Lornar’s, Bloodtide Coast, and Cursed Shore. All of those are >25.
Maybe there is an event that has attacking pirates in queensdale?
I really hope the only source isn’t level 15’s in level 25 zones.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Just south of Queensdale from the Behe exit, is the low level Gendarren bandits. Do they not drop the same bags? Gendarren is level 15-25

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Just south of Queensdale from the Behe exit, is the low level Gendarren bandits. Do they not drop the same bags? Gendarren is level 15-25

You are talking about Kessex Hills and those guys drop “Bag of Pinched Goods”.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

lol a weekend not logging into the game and already I forget which map is which..

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, Bandits drop Stolen/pinched goods. I’ve never seen 1-15 level pirates. Maybe there was a personal story that had them?

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Bandits in Queensdale.

There is an explorer achievement cave/hideout on the North edge of the map near the garrison, and that cave on the West side.

Bandits/pirates, I assume they fall under the “outlaw” category and thus the loot tables are the same.

Crise.9401

Yeah, Bandits drop Stolen/pinched goods. I’ve never seen 1-15 level pirates. Maybe there was a personal story that had them?

Unless I read the gw2spidy graph wrong there is still some new listings on the TP rarely, which would imply they are still around somewhere. Personal Story was also the first guess of the few people I asked about this.

So looking through old 1-10 and 10-15 story steps will likely give the OP their answer, based on 15 seconds with the TP graphs I would focus on the ones below 15 or rather now level 10 chapter.

(edited by Crise.9401)

RoseofGilead.8907

Bandits in Queensdale.

There is an explorer achievement cave/hideout on the North edge of the map near the garrison, and that cave on the West side.

Bandits/pirates, I assume they fall under the “outlaw” category and thus the loot tables are the same.

Bandits and Separatists share a loot table and drop Bags of Goods. Pirates are different and drop bags of Booty. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bag_of_Goods_%28disambiguation%29

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

RoseofGilead.8907

Those drop small bags, though, not Tiny.

Ayrilana.1396

Those drop small bags, though, not Tiny.

Yeah. I realized that after I posted it.

Mystic.5934

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Container
bandits drop pinched
pirates drop booty
ohhhhh. aetherblades also drop booty.
just based on how slow the market for these bags are, I’m assuming you don’t just find them in the open world, it’s a highly unusual situation.
like what happened with small bag of skritt shinies, where the only way to get them was to take a level 16-25 character to the top-left corner of wvw borderlands and farm the skritt there.
there are no pirates in wvw as far as I know. ohhh! but there are aetherblades in eotm. all those people that fast-level their characters. that’s one possible source. I’m gonna test it now

RoseofGilead.8907

The Aetherblades are going to drop level 80 loot bags, since they’re 80 all the time, I believe. But maybe you’ll get lucky and I’ll be wrong! Good luck!

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Crise.9401

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Container
bandits drop pinched
pirates drop booty
ohhhhh. aetherblades also drop booty.
just based on how slow the market for these bags are, I’m assuming you don’t just find them in the open world, it’s a highly unusual situation.
like what happened with small bag of skritt shinies, where the only way to get them was to take a level 16-25 character to the top-left corner of wvw borderlands and farm the skritt there.
there are no pirates in wvw as far as I know. ohhh! but there are aetherblades in eotm. all those people that fast-level their characters. that’s one possible source. I’m gonna test it now

I need to test this… EoTM seems most likely, considering you get level appropriate loot when upscaled I think.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The Aetherblades are going to drop level 80 loot bags, since they’re 80 all the time, I believe. But maybe you’ll get lucky and I’ll be wrong! Good luck!

When you are upscaled you get loot for your actual level. I remember a friend grumbling about getting weak blood in southsun instead of powerful blood.

RoseofGilead.8907

When you are upscaled you get loot for your actual level. I remember a friend grumbling about getting weak blood in southsun instead of powerful blood.

Hah good point.

Ayrilana.1396

I also read on one of the wiki pages that it’s picked up rather than dropped. Not sure what that means.

Mystic.5934

it works!
a level 2 killing aetherblades in the middle of eotm can give tiny bags of booty
one of the problems is that you can’t, you know’, kill them :P then there’s the limited time and the reluctance of any eotm commander to go near them.
they are all vets and take about as long as that legendary giant takes to defeat. It’s also really hard to get kill credit.
any other sources you can think of?

RoseofGilead.8907

Those are really the only “Pirates” that I can think of that would work. I don’t recall any other pirates in the borderlands or EB, and there aren’t any Aetherblades in those maps, either.

Mystic.5934

I also read on one of the wiki pages that it’s picked up rather than dropped. Not sure what that means.

is that like how, when you watch a scene in a movie, you describe it as either ON the television or IN the theater?

Mystic.5934

I forget, can you still go into fotm when you’re <80 and it upscales you? if so, the aetherblade path could be another source.

Crise.9401

it works!
a level 2 killing aetherblades in the middle of eotm can give tiny bags of booty
one of the problems is that you can’t, you know’, kill them :P

Certainly explains the market, Scarlets invasions weren’t happening in starter zones either so there really never was a reliable open world source for these that we know of. Also, I too realized the futility of trying to get these in EoTM really fast… perhaps if you made a farming party of 5, boost magic find to high heavens and bring along a friendly 80 for DPS you might be able to rig some sort of farm up. Also, starting at level two is crazy because of both no downstate and no off hand. So any setup would probably rely on the lowbies to be between 6-15 in levels to be realistic, you are so kitten as level two anything.

There is upscaling in Fractals, certainly not dungeons afaik… news to me.

Edit: also, now that this topic exists, if someone is crazy enough to farm these from EoTM or FoTM the market should quickly become more sensible, however, please someone tell me why would anyone put buy orders for these bags… they give the same stuff as the lowbie bandit bags most likely.

(edited by Crise.9401)

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

What about the level of the Aetherblade in the JP in Gendarran?

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Crise.9401

Too high Gendarran is 25+ is it not.

Mystic.5934

Re: Aether Path, how would you get < level 15 loot in there, no upscaling in dungeons. So I doubt it would give you level appropriate loot for those enemies either, and even if it did how did you plan to get credit as such low level player, without at least being upscaled.

aetherblade path /in fotm/, not the TA dungeon. you used to be able to go into fotm at any level and it would uplevel you to 80. I think that’s no longer the case… uh, just tried it on a level 5 (was level 2 a few minutes ago :P) and it worked perfectly. let me in there, upleveled to 80. would likely get tiny bags if we got the aetherblade path.

Mystic.5934

please someone tell me why would anyone put buy orders for these bags… they give the same stuff as the lowbie bandit bags most likely.

I’m doing research into drop rates. I expect this one to give horrible returns (around 2s per bag), but it’s for SCIENCE!

Crise.9401

Re: Aether Path, how would you get < level 15 loot in there, no upscaling in dungeons. So I doubt it would give you level appropriate loot for those enemies either, and even if it did how did you plan to get credit as such low level player, without at least being upscaled.

aetherblade path /in fotm/, not the TA dungeon. you used to be able to go into fotm at any level and it would uplevel you to 80. I think that’s no longer the case… uh, just tried it on a level 5 (was level 2 a few minutes ago :P) and it worked perfectly. let me in there, upleveled to 80. would likely get tiny bags if we got the aetherblade path.

Heh, I edited my post after I realized you wrote fotm, using the word path in your post just made me assume regular dungeon and I somehow skipped over the fractals mention in your post.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Too high Gendarran is 25+ is it not.

Yeah it is, I was thinking the zone was 15-25 for some reason.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Mystic.5934

looks like upleveled 1-15’s in eotm and fotm are the only answers. well shucks. ty

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

Where is my Francis Drake?
Where is my stash of rum?
Where is my grand adventure?
Where have all the pirates gone~?

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Gone to graveyards, every one.
Oh when will they ever learn?
Oh when will they
ever learn?

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759