Where is Dragon Bash!?

Where is Dragon Bash!?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khorthall.1682

Khorthall.1682

Q:

Please! Please! Please!

I would like to know what Anet’s plans are involving the Dragon Bash content that we very much enjoyed last year! I had very much fun with the Dragon Ball activity, it’s one of my top favorites along with walking through Lion’s Arch and spotting a giant hologram of a dragon in the sky!

I thought Dragon Bash was like the holiday for summer for Guild Wars 2, or was it more like a celebration involving the content that came right after?

I would very much like to see Dragon Bash return to Tyria! YES! I know that Lion’s Arch has been destroyed, but we have five other cities that no doubt could of taken over to host it. Perhaps that’s how it should be? With every year, a new city hosts Dragon Bash, introducing new decorations made by the races and new events inside their cities!

I for one was convinced that Dragon Bash was going to be hosted by the Zephyrites this year! LOL!

Anyway, I had to put this out there.

Any word if there will be a Dragon Bash this year Anet?

Where is Dragon Bash!?

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

Remember last year when anet said they liked making festivals because they just have to turn them back on and add alittle content to keep them fresh. Guess what, another lie like precursor crafting and half the other stuff they said during season 1. Most stuff wasn’t reused from previous festival, look how bare bones Halloween was this year, they gutted alot of the content and replaced it with less. How boring Wintersday was, nothing was new.
Also as another note, remember dragon bash was somewhat based on Cantha. Well we all know Anets view of Cantha, replaced it with a Hole, and then replaced that hole with a fancy hole.

Where is Dragon Bash!?

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Remember last year when anet said they liked making festivals because they just have to turn them back on and add alittle content to keep them fresh. Guess what, another lie like precursor crafting and half the other stuff they said during season 1.

They didn’t change that much about the Crown Pavilion.

Most stuff wasn’t reused from previous festival, look how bare bones Halloween was this year, they gutted alot of the content and replaced it with less. How boring Wintersday was, nothing was new.

So… Halloween was bad because they changed it unlike what they said… and yet Wintersday was also bad because they did not do anything new, which is exactly what they said about festivals? Do you realize how silly that is?

Also, some of the changes to Halloween were based on the complaints they got during the first time. For example, the Jumping Puzzle was so hard you had people literally raging about it on the forums and ANet openly admitting that it was a bit too hard.

And hey, the Dragon Bash was a festival honoring the perseverance of all races in face of the Dragons’ threat. Considering that we now have one more of those, I don’t think it’s time to go around dancing about how tough we are.

While I personally had a lot of fun with Dragon Ball during the Bash, it definitely wasn’t a very polished game. For one, there were tons of afk players doing it for the achievements, often resulting in lopsided teams. The design of the arena also resulted in a lot of chaos. Personally, I think that Aspect Arena was a major improvement over DB.

Currently, Halloween and Wintersday are the only seasonal festivals we have. Dragon Bash and Queen’s Jubilee were probably never intended as repeating events. The Crown Pavilion returning was quite surprising, considering how it was the first time around.

(edited by Olba.5376)

Where is Dragon Bash!?

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

Dragon bash was hosted by captain’s council of LA, highly doubt they were in the mood of hosting a festival right after a devastating attack.(And if any bashing going on, it will be Scarlet, since no npc at the time knows a dragon is behind this.)

Seeing Anet just shot Zephyrites down from the sky, and they perm grounded on dry top, I will guess bazaar is not coming back next year either.

Where is Dragon Bash!?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Dragon bash was hosted by captain’s council of LA, highly doubt they were in the mood of hosting a festival right after a devastating attack.(And if any bashing going on, it will be Scarlet, since no npc at the time knows a dragon is behind this.)

Seeing Anet just shot Zephyrites down from the sky, and they perm grounded on dry top, I will guess bazaar is not coming back next year either.

I am guessing the festival will coincide with the rebuilt Lions Arch being put into the game.
The Zephyrites lost the flag-ship but I don’t think the entire fleet was lost. When the leader gets what he is after they will probably regroup and go back to whatever trading schedule they had before.

Where is Dragon Bash!?

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Remember last year when anet said they liked making festivals because they just have to turn them back on and add alittle content to keep them fresh. Guess what, another lie like precursor crafting and half the other stuff they said during season 1. Most stuff wasn’t reused from previous festival, look how bare bones Halloween was this year, they gutted alot of the content and replaced it with less. How boring Wintersday was, nothing was new.
Also as another note, remember dragon bash was somewhat based on Cantha. Well we all know Anets view of Cantha, replaced it with a Hole, and then replaced that hole with a fancy hole.

Dragon bash was primarily set in LA, with LA destroyed the turning it off and on thing isn’t so easy. Furthermore ANet didn’t lie about precursors, this has previously been discussed, conclusion was: A) Anet didn’t promise anything B ) with the changes to the meta-achievement system they need to redo how the precursors thing will work. Also do you have any proof at all about the Cantha conspiracy?

I am guessing the festival will coincide with the rebuilt Lions Arch being put into the game.
The Zephyrites lost the flag-ship but I don’t think the entire fleet was lost. When the leader gets what he is after they will probably regroup and go back to whatever trading schedule they had before.

Yeah, basically this. ANet could easily explain in lore why the festival is back (although probably only after S2).

Where is Dragon Bash!?

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

What are you talking about? Dragon Bash has been happening for the last month or so. This year though, in a change to tradition, the Dragon is Bashing us instead.