Where is everyone

Where is everyone

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: willyilliam.5420

willyilliam.5420

i just started playing this game level 10 and there is hardly anyone in the city and hardly anyone outside

Where is everyone

Posted by: iiaarrnn.9670

iiaarrnn.9670

Work or school? People are starting to log on now, I’m in LA and it’s gradually getting more populated

Where is everyone

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You might try posting in Player Helping Players, as this isn’t an account issue. Good luck.

Where is everyone

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

You might try posting in Player Helping Players, as this isn’t an account issue. Good luck.

This is is Guild Wars 2 Discussion and is for general discussion. Since the OP doesn’t seem to be asking for help and was wondering about the population of the game, I think this is an appropriate place to post his/her question.

Where is everyone

Posted by: Joreel.9263

Joreel.9263

Most are at work, school, or end game areas probably.

Where is everyone

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

This is is Guild Wars 2 Discussion and is for general discussion. Since the OP doesn’t seem to be asking for help and was wondering about the population of the game, I think this is an appropriate place to post his/her question.

The post was moved here, he originally posted it in the account support forum, which was not the correct place to post it.

Where is everyone

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

What race did you pick? Is this your first character? Are you on a EU or NA server?

Cities are almost always empty (except lions arch.) There’s just not a lot to do there.

Human areas are more populated. Charr areas are the least populated.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Where is everyone

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

The post was moved here, he originally posted it in the account support forum, which was not the correct place to post it.

Gotcha! Thanks for letting me know. I wasn’t aware.

Where is everyone

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

lvl10? So a couple days? If you are playing at peak times, and there is no population, you may have joined a less populated server. Right now, in NA servers, it’s before peak, so less people on, especially in starting zones. It’s really easy to level in this game, not even counting instant lvl 20 scrolls, so you will find more in higher level zones as you progress. Then some starting zones are more populated than others, such as people doing world bosses there or zerging champs waiting for world bosses to spawn. If you just want to see more people, find the local portal to Lions Arch from your starting city.

Where is everyone

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

What city? “The city” is a bit on the vague side my friend.

You’ll want to travel to Lion’s Arch, the main hub, which you can do from an Asura gate in any race’s city, or by going to the Heart of the Mists from the PvP tab, then walking through the gate flanked by lion statues. From there, you can also travel to the other races’ cities.

Depending on your locale and time zone, it’s also quite early in the business/school day for a majority of North Americans. I won’t be able to log on for another 6 hours, for example.

Where is everyone

TooBz.3065

It he just started the game, he doesn’t want to jump into lion’s arch. He’ll get there on his own through the story.

Where is everyone

Daywolf.2630

he doesn’t want to jump into lion’s arch.

I don’t see why not. LA has the portals to all the other cities and starting areas. Just because you start as a Norn doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the Asura starting area and complete even more hearts and exploration XP. Sounds more like he want’s to be around more players rather than doing the solo personal story. The portals at LA provide all that right away.

Where is everyone

Posted by: willyilliam.5420

willyilliam.5420

thanks everyone

Where is everyone

TooBz.3065

he doesn’t want to jump into lion’s arch.

I don’t see why not. LA has the portals to all the other cities and starting areas. Just because you start as a Norn doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the Asura starting area and complete even more hearts and exploration XP. Sounds more like he want’s to be around more players rather than doing the solo personal story. The portals at LA provide all that right away.

Good point. I was assuming he would share my preference for slower immersion.

Where is everyone

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Most are at work, school, or end game areas probably.

What’s an endgame area? Queensdale is a starter area and it has to be close to, if not the, highest populated area of the game.

September would probably see a drop off in a lot of MMO’s though as kids go back to school/college/university. Leaving some holes as people with jobs aren’t on during work hours.
The server I’m on seems to have alot of East Coast players as early morning EST through to early afternoon is far less busy than late afternoon and early evenings when people would be getting home.
In-game time has alot to do with it too. Closer to daily reset and the hours following see alot of people getting on to do dailies and the world boss train farm.

Where is everyone

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

The only thing in abundance in the end game areas like Cursed Shores and Malchor’s, is a bunch of Bots. I pass the same exact ones every day while looking for the prohibitively rare Ancient Sapplings. (some of them disappear after a few weeks…. others have been around a solid month or more …. probably mostly my fault for being lazy and expecting someone else to report them)

Where is everyone

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

i just started playing this game level 10 and there is hardly anyone in the city and hardly anyone outside

It could be school, you’re on a low pop server and/or they are all guesting to a high pop server to get a chance at beating Tequatl, or, a LOT have quit playing I suspect a bit of the latter two options.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Where is everyone

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

Most of the low level zones are dead. Even on the highest population servers. Just rush through and get to end game where you will see people. My suggestion to a new player is play on T1/T2 servers as they are the most population, the rest are mid/low.

Where is everyone

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There’s a lot of stuff to do in this game…but more specifically, there’s a lot of stuff to do in this game that takes you out of the open world.

Every two weeks, we get new living story content. This particular month has been SAB (Super Adventure Box in Rata Sum), which is an instance and keeps people out of the world and The new Tequatl the Sunless fight, which is in a high level area. Because that’s the current “content of the month”, that’s where people are trying to get specific achievements.

When you add into that the fact that some people are running dungeons now that there’s a new looking for group tool, and that some people are in PvP and some people are in WvW (another form of PvP), and that there are five starting zones and multiple servers, I think you can see why there might not be people where you are.

What server are you on and what race did you choose to start?

Where is everyone

Xcom.1926

When you add into that the fact that some people are running dungeons now that there’s a new looking for group tool, and that some people are in PvP and some people are in WvW (another form of PvP), and that there are five starting zones and multiple servers, I think you can see why there might not be people where you are.

That is true, but it is still a problem. Not just GW2 but all MMOs. Just because there is a reasoning for why it happens doesn’t make it ok. You won’t get new players if they feel the world feels empty.

I hope ANet does something like what WoW did, in terms of “Connected Realms”. Let all the lower level zones become one. This way when a new player joins the game he sees players while leveling.

Which is why when ANet did the free trials this week, I was hoping they limit it to a couple of servers, so the world feels booming for these new players. And the leveling experience feels so much better. But unfortunately they didn’t.

Where is everyone

Vayne.8563

That is true, but it is still a problem. Not just GW2 but all MMOs. Just because there is a reasoning for why it happens doesn’t make it ok. You won’t get new players if they feel the world feels empty.

I hope ANet does something like what WoW did, in terms of “Connected Realms”. Let all the lower level zones become one. This way when a new player joins the game he sees players while leveling.

Which is why when ANet did the free trials this week, I was hoping they limit it to a couple of servers, so the world feels booming for these new players. And the leveling experience feels so much better. But unfortunately they didn’t.

You’re 100% right. It is a problem for all MMOs, even the biggest most successful ones. Many of the mid level zones in WoW are empty, on a lot of the servers. Why? Because there’s very little reason for people to be there.

With downscaling at least there’s reasons to go back. Some people will go back to the 15-25 zones now (they seem busier) because they need softwood and iron for their ascended weapons. It’s entirely possible that the OP will see more people for that reason in the 15-25 zones than the 1-15 zones.

But yes, it’s a problem with all MMOs. We all want big sprawling worlds, but we also want people around all the time. These two desires are simply incompatible.

That’s why Anet uses mechanisms in game that act as traffic control.

Where is everyone

Xcom.1926

You’re 100% right. It is a problem for all MMOs, even the biggest most successful ones. Many of the mid level zones in WoW are empty, on a lot of the servers. Why? Because there’s very little reason for people to be there.

Exactly, and you know what WoW did? They found a solution to the problem. With CRZ then Connected Realms. After Connected Realms you can go to any zone at any level and see players because they basically “Merged Servers” and gave a pretty name to it.

ESO is going to do the same thing and will have a solution before launch.

GW2 and other MMOs need to do the same thing. Because WoW realized there is a reason they lost almost half their subscribers. And they fixed that problem. Putting it under a rug doesn’t make it go away.

ANet has the tech to do it, we see it with their guesting feature. They just need to enact it.

Where is everyone

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

If you feel the need to be constantly surrounded by other people then go to Lions Arch or Queensdale. Or join the Zerg in WvW.

There are other people in the starter zones, but I don’t know why people expect them to all be swarming with people.

Personally I like that when I’m on the top of a mountain, or the bottom of a cave I’m not surrounded by idiots dancing and letting off fireworks and spamming map chat with stupid theories.

Where is everyone

Vayne.8563

Exactly, and you know what WoW did? They found a solution to the problem. With CRZ then Connected Realms. After Connected Realms you can go to any zone at any level and see players because they basically “Merged Servers” and gave a pretty name to it.

GW2 and other MMOs need to do the same thing. Because WoW realized there is a reason they lost almost half their subscribers. And they fixed that problem. Putting it under a rug doesn’t make it go away.

ANet has the tech to do it, we see it with their guesting feature. They just need to enact it.

Well, Anet has a solution with guesting. I mean if you guest to a busier server, you’ll see more people. It’s logical. People don’t want to use the solution already there, they want yet another solution.

Where is everyone

Daywolf.2630

Right now, in NA servers, it’s before peak, so less people on, especially in starting zones.

And speaking from the T2 server that I’ve been on since launch. North America, there just aren’t many people on in the morning. That’s why I’ve been kinda fumed about the changes to world bosses, now there are not always enough people to do them early in the morning or late at night. I don’t even bother with temples until the afternoon and no later than a bit before midnight. Been spending more time on JP’s in the off hours now, ya know? So, guesting won’t help, just need to be in peak time on weekdays. Weekends are respectable. You missed launch though, that was cray cray with kittens on top.

Where is everyone

Xcom.1926

Well, Anet has a solution with guesting. I mean if you guest to a busier server, you’ll see more people. It’s logical. People don’t want to use the solution already there, they want yet another solution.

Just so you know, I am not arguing for the sake of arguing. I learned a long time ago the best thing for an MMO is just stating your honest opinion. Because it is better for the long term health of an MMO. Instead of sweeping issues under the rug.

I have two GW2 accounts, this one is an alt. I had a level 30ish on ET which is a low populated server. So I deleted that character and moved to Blackgate and created a character (Sylvari). And I still rarely see people while leveling. I know Blackgate is booming with people at max level, but not in low levels.

I just wish they do some type of connected realm thing with all their servers. So if there is even 1-2 players in low level areas per server, if they are all combined it would be 40-50 players. I just think it is better for the game and its future.

People quit MMOs all the time, but if you don’t bring in new players you will decline. WoW recently said in the past they were able to bring more new players in than they were losing players. But that isn’t the case anymore which is why they lost so many of their players.

(edited by Xcom.1926)

Where is everyone

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

The game is quite different from old school MMOs since there are no quest hubs. You’ll find people gather for meta events then scatter to whatever they do in the meantime whether it’s dungeons or gathering or WvW or hanging out in Lion’s Arch.

I’ve been in queue to get into a borderlands map for wvw for over 1.5 hours so far this evening, I went to a couple temple events in Orr while I waited.

Attachments:

Where is everyone

Vayne.8563

Just so you know, I am not arguing for the sake of arguing. I learned a long time ago the best thing for an MMO is just stating your honest opinion. Because it is better for the long term health of an MMO. Instead of sweeping issues under the rug.

I have two GW2 accounts, this one is an alt. I had a level 30ish on ET which is a low populated server. So I deleted that character and moved to Blackgate and created a character (Sylvari). And I still rarely see people while leveling. I know Blackgate is booming with people at max level, but not in low levels.

I just wish they do some type of connected realm thing with all their servers. So if there is even 1-2 players in low level areas per server, if they are all combined it would be 40-50 players. I just think it is better for the game and its future.

People quit MMOs all the time, but if you don’t bring in new players you will decline. WoW recently said in the past they were able to bring more new players in than they were losing players. But that isn’t the case anymore which is why they lost so many of their players.

First WoW is 8 years old. Almost all 8 year old games lose players, so comparing a new game to WoW can be counter productive.

Secondly, if you guest to TC, even if you’re on highly populated Blackgate, you will find more people in lower level zones. Why? Because it’s the RP server and a lot of RPers have a zillion alts. Most RP doesn’t take place in high level zones.

Again, the solution is there. There are people in TC in the Sylvari starting areas, one of the most popular RP races.

Where is everyone

Xcom.1926

The game is quite different from old school MMOs since there are no quest hubs. You’ll find people gather for meta events then scatter to whatever they do in the meantime whether it’s dungeons or gathering or WvW or hanging out in Lion’s Arch.

I’ve been in queue to get into a borderlands map for wvw for over 1.5 hours so far this evening, I went to a couple temple events in Orr while I waited.

I have no idea why people post screenshots. There are less than 100 people in each one of those screenshots. They show or mean nothing. We are talking about low/mid levels.

In terms of queues for WvW that only happens on T1/T2 servers. That’s it.

(edited by Xcom.1926)

Where is everyone

Vayne.8563

First WoW is 8 years old. Almost all 8 year old games lose players, so comparing a new game to WoW can be counter productive.

Secondly, if you guest to TC, even if you’re on highly populated Blackgate, you will find more people in lower level zones. Why? Because it’s the RP server and a lot of RPers have a zillion alts. Most RP doesn’t take place in high level zones.

Again, the solution is there. There are people in TC in the Sylvari starting areas, one of the most popular RP races.

Your solution is picking one server? What happens to the other servers if they aren’t getting new players?

I’m saying for low level zones the solution is there. That’s all. As you pointed out, once you get to higher levels you can go to most servers.

Where is everyone

Xcom.1926

Your solution is picking one server? What happens to the other servers if they aren’t getting new players?

I’m saying for low level zones the solution is there. That’s all. As you pointed out, once you get to higher levels you can go to most servers.

That might be a good short term solution (Guest on T1 servers) But ANet needs to come up with something better as a long term solution. Full week free trials are good, but more needs to be done.

Where is everyone

Vayne.8563

I’m sure, in the fullness of time, something will be done. It took WoW a very long time to get to their solution. I’m not thinking this is a number one priority for Anet.

Where is everyone

Xcom.1926

I’m sure, in the fullness of time, something will be done. It took WoW a very long time to get to their solution. I’m not thinking this is a number one priority for Anet.

Well the market is different now, ANet doesn’t have 8 years to come up with a solution. I don’t even think they have 1 more year. Some games like ESO have the solution before launch. To me it should be a priority, because getting new players into the game should be the number 1 priority.

Where is everyone

Daywolf.2630

Well yes, that has been true since early mmo’s. One of the UO developers mentioned after some years that the avg account subscription ran three months. Though I was there some six years on the uh …live server – from near launch (maybe past then too, someplace… still, all these years), as well as a couple other sub games for that long excluding WoW which I hated. But UO was pretty open about development early on, some good info. Very few are like that today, with some openness about their development, structure and statistics.

Odd thing here though, there is no sub, but I see a huge amount of inactive names in guilds and friends lists, and those were not trial accounts for sure. So, it’s something more than just paying a sub. But, plenty of those threads already

Oh, was going to say someplace in there, there are always enough that stay to keep the game running. I doubt any mmo has shut down because they were flat out loosing money, well… outside of the f2p models which imo is a short-term cash-grab suicide model. Just that some developers/publishers/investors expect more money out of it than they may be getting, but they just rather drop it from their books, no matter how a small community may feel about that. Look at all that went on with CoH’s closure… hm? oh! yup. But yeah, at least the avg is a short visit to a game, I guess no matter the business model. Fun factor was a good idea early on? …but then all the psychologists got in the way, telling developers what we want :P …or how to get faster money, whatever.

(edited by Daywolf.2630)

Where is everyone

Vayne.8563

Well the market is different now, ANet doesn’t have 8 years to come up with a solution. I don’t even think they have 1 more year. Some games like ESO have the solution before launch. To me it should be a priority, because getting new players into the game should be the number 1 priority.

Listen to you. ESO will be out in like a years time. And it’s going to be flawless at launch and everyone will love it, and it won’t be buggy and it won’t have any problems, so everyone will go there.

Anet has time because all MMOs need time to find their feet. And ESO is going to be subscription and console. I’m not thinking this is going to be a major issue for Guild Wars 2. A lot of people won’t pay a sub for any reason. I think people are putting too much into ESO. It’ll be another SWToR if I don’t miss my guess. It’ll never live up to the hype any more than GW 2 did.

They have other things to work on. Lists of them. If they get that stuff down, the game will be in a much better place to hold into people in the future. The first thing they have to get going is the China launch, because that’s most important. Then with the cash from that, you should start seeing some more improvements.

But I don’t believe the sky is falling. All this stuff takes time. They just came out with an LFG tool and that was, in my opinion, more important. Other things will be be added as time goes on, but this whole, they must do this now or they’re in trouble thing is just not true in my opinion.

Where is everyone

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

I’ve been leveling an alt some time ago, and I have to say, it’s a pretty droll experience without people running around.

You’d think that would be the whole point of an MMO.

But no. No one’s around. Everyone’s somewhere else.

Where is everyone

Xcom.1926

Listen to you. ESO will be out in like a years time. And it’s going to be flawless at launch and everyone will love it, and it won’t be buggy and it won’t have any problems, so everyone will go there.

Why are you changing the subject? I was talking about their mega server tech and that is it. That is their solution to not seeing people in the world. The game could have 100k players playing it and the world will feel full because it is basically one merged server. I never said anything about how good or bad ESO is. In fact, I think it will be bad, I prefer WildStar.

I was talking about their tech. I was also talking about WoW’s tech when it comes to seeing people in low level zones. Not sure why you went off on a tangent?

If you knew anything about how China works with MMOs, it won’t even represent 10% of ANet’s revenue. China represents 60% of WoW’s playerbase but represents 15% of their revenue.

Regardless, I don’t see how China means anything to this discussion. Unless they let Chinese players play on NA/EU servers.

Where is everyone

Daywolf.2630

Why are you changing the subject? I was talking about their mega server tech and that is it. That is their solution to not seeing people in the world. The game could have 100k players playing it and the world will feel full because it is basically one merged server.

I know such a game that does that. Normal to see 1000+ players in one zone… depending on what’s going on. But, that game was designed to run that way. It’s a little different here, zone design really never had huge numbers of players in mind. GW2 is actually a pretty small game for a launch state. Then there really is so little level 80 content present. But I’m definitely a long-time ES fan though …looong time. Too bad it’s about “appealing to general mmo players” (e.g. wow players) and not ES fans that like mmo’s (which are many). Was excited, then they said that foot-in-the-mouth comment and pffffff ever since… like four flats.

Where is everyone

Vayne.8563

Why are you changing the subject? I was talking about their mega server tech and that is it. That is their solution to not seeing people in the world. The game could have 100k players playing it and the world will feel full because it is basically one merged server. I never said anything about how good or bad ESO is. In fact, I think it will be bad, I prefer WildStar.

I was talking about their tech. I was also talking about WoW’s tech when it comes to seeing people in low level zones. Not sure why you went off on a tangent?

If you knew anything about how China works with MMOs, it won’t even represent 10% of ANet’s revenue. China represents 60% of WoW’s playerbase but represents 15% of their revenue.

Regardless, I don’t see how China means anything to this discussion. Unless they let Chinese players play on NA/EU servers.

First…their mega server may be the single biggest issue in ESO. I’m not so sure how that’s going to affect the lag/multiplayer aspect and until we know it, it might not be the best idea in the world. I guess we’ll have to see on that.

And yes, it’s very important. You’re making the argument that this new game is coming out and if Anet doesn’t do something soon it will be too late. I’m making the argument that these new games are going to disappoint and Anet won’t be in trouble.

I’m saying you’re making it sound like the sky is falling and I don’t believe the sky is falling. Is it possible you’re right? Sure. It’s entirely possible…but I don’t believe it.

You missed my point in the China thing. It will make a difference but not in the way you think. More money means more people can work on development. More money can be spent on more teams. If it’s successful there will be enough people to work on all this stuff. That’s why I brought China into it. Anet is going to need a big cash influx to shore up the game, because as much as they got going on..the game still needs a lot of work.

Where is everyone

Im Mudbone.1437

Anet has time because all MMOs need time to find their feet. And ESO is going to be subscription and console. I’m not thinking this is going to be a major issue for Guild Wars 2. A lot of people won’t pay a sub for any reason. I think people are putting too much into ESO. It’ll be another SWToR if I don’t miss my guess. It’ll never live up to the hype any more than GW 2 did.

They have other things to work on. Lists of them. If they get that stuff down, the game will be in a much better place to hold into people in the future. The first thing they have to get going is the China launch, because that’s most important. Then with the cash from that, you should start seeing some more improvements.

But I don’t believe the sky is falling. All this stuff takes time. They just came out with an LFG tool and that was, in my opinion, more important. Other things will be be added as time goes on, but this whole, they must do this now or they’re in trouble thing is just not true in my opinion.

Sorry but you are misinformed about ESO it will MOST DEFINITELY BE on PC and only JUST RECENTLY being considered for console. BETA here and can’t wait for release no matter how long it takes, simply awesome game, Bethesda rules and will GLADLY PAY.

Where is everyone

Vayne.8563

Sorry but you are misinformed about ESO it will MOST DEFINITELY BE on PC and only JUST RECENTLY being considered for console. BETA here and can’t wait for release no matter how long it takes, simply awesome game, Bethesda rules and will GLADLY PAY.

People use to say Anet ruled and many people said they would pay for this game before it launched. Many people also said they’d pay for SWToR before it launched and Bioware was as highly regarded as Bethesda…except Bethesda isn’t actually making the game. Maybe I’m not as misinformed as you think.

I also know that Bethesda did interviews with Skyrim which said that they expected 90% of their Skyrim sales to be console sales. So if you think that they didn’t intend to come out on Console as well, I don’t know what to tell you. And by making it console friendly, it’ll probably kill the PC aspect.

At any rate…come back to me in 2-3 years and tell me how your expectations were met. Until then, it’s all just guesswork. But those I’ve heard talk about ESO are saying the very same stuff the GW2 fans said before launch, and the very same stuff the SWToR fans said before launch.

You can’t know how the game will go until the game is live.

Edit: I NEVER said ESO wouldn’t be available on PC, that’s you interpreting what I meant when I said it would be done for console.

Where is everyone

Posted by: Coffee.7058

Coffee.7058

It’s because most people leveled all their toons already and new players run because of what you’re experiencing now. Leveling in this game can be a HUGE bore.

I leveled 1 toon the legit way and I swear to go I love leveling but I would rather break the law and spend 1 month in a real prison then have to go through it again. I used professions to level now but they just nerfed that to eek out more booster sales from new players.

Team Peenk

Where is everyone

Im Mudbone.1437

People use to say Anet ruled and many people said they would pay for this game before it launched. Many people also said they’d pay for SWToR before it launched and Bioware was as highly regarded as Bethesda…except Bethesda isn’t actually making the game. Maybe I’m not as misinformed as you think.

I also know that Bethesda did interviews with Skyrim which said that they expected 90% of their Skyrim sales to be console sales. So if you think that they didn’t intend to come out on Console as well, I don’t know what to tell you. And by making it console friendly, it’ll probably kill the PC aspect.

At any rate…come back to me in 2-3 years and tell me how your expectations were met. Until then, it’s all just guesswork. But those I’ve heard talk about ESO are saying the very same stuff the GW2 fans said before launch, and the very same stuff the SWToR fans said before launch.

You can’t know how the game will go until the game is live.

Edit: I NEVER said ESO wouldn’t be available on PC, that’s you interpreting what I meant when I said it would be done for console.

I agree with the edit part only because you word things very poorly and was easily interpreted as I did as for the part about the hype given to GW2 that is ONLY BECAUSE ANET did a TOTAL ABOUT FACE to the direction GW2 was headed during the BETA, hell the BETA ran 300 times better than launch day, the game-play was like day and night on release, even a deaf, dumb and blind person would have seen, heard and said the same thing it was so blatantly evident, but, I digress, time to sleep, night, night.

Where is everyone

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

But then GW2 wouldn’t be different, so that means we don’t get to have that.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Where is everyone

Posted by: Primernova.5791

Primernova.5791

Some large chunk are at ‘end game’, silently zerging PvE/PvP or stacking 3 classes in glass cannon mode, for dungeons… That kitten really needs to stop, it’s a major detriment to the game. All classes are viable in this game regardless of spec, class, race, gear, weapons or skill level. If ‘zerker’ is the master race, learn to carry and stop telling people how to spec/play because it takes 5 more minutes to clear a dungeon, it’s killing the social and fun part of PvE, in what’s supposed to be a ‘fun’ MMO! I carried with healing, for years in other MMOs. I never gave anything but advice and happily carried anyone that needed/deserved it. That sentiment is dead in current MMOs and it’s killing the genre WITH FIRE! I think, from what I have read, the PvE ‘raid’ aspect is being addressed with Tequatl. I applaud this but it’s still zerg, exclusive and crosseyed imo. Anet, you can not reinvent the wheel, just add to it. An outdoor boss is great, but instanced raids for guilds, are 1000% better. Keep the outdoor bosses for fun, put the gear in raids/dungeons and for kitten’s sake, strengthen the soft trinity. That will finally put this game on top and give us a proper MMO.

Another large chunk are in FFXIV, it has a similar look/feel and also trinity, but still no end game, so it’s a pretty kittenty hobby too.

95% of the MMO playerbase, are playing mobas now.

Such a waste, all the MMO genre needed was TBC with better graphics/communication (voice) and overworld systems. We’re back in the doldrums of one MMO having one good system and another having something slightly different but severely lacking in another area. We’ve done this kitten before… Pull it together, it’s so obvious what to do.

Where is everyone

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

All these suggestions are just basically the same suggestion people requested ages ago but got turned down. An underflow.

Where is everyone

Daywolf.2630

erm just for sake of clarification, Bethesda is a subsidiary. ZeniMax Media inc. is the parent company of Bethesda. And even of that structure, there are two Bethesda’s, one Bethesda Softworks and the other Bethesda Game Studios. Christopher Weaver founded each of them.