Where is my challenge?

Where is my challenge?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Q:

I have done every dungeon
I have completed my story
I have completed every living story(much to my chagrin)
I have explored the world.

Where is the engaging difficult content that we deserve as a playerbase?
Where is our UW/DoA/FoW?
Where is our challenge?

I see characters running rampant with legendary weapons, so, if that was our end game goal then what is the next part.
It isnt hard to acquire a legendary and realistically there isnt anything legendary about it.(grind, luck, grind).

Where is my challenging content?
Where is the content that makes me think as a player?
Where is the content that makes not do repetitive meaningless actions?

As game designers your tasked with the hardest jobs available but you seem to have taken the easy way out, taken the way of the mob.

GW2 had the intention of innovation and difference, yet after a year I see no innovation and very little difference.

God bless the not having to carve pumpkins but innovation is key to survival.

I enjoyed the cinematic of the Mad Kings son and thought that it was the best part of Halloween.

I feel that the minutia of Halloween has been achieved but it’s spirit is lost.

All I can say is think about what you have created.
Think about the world we have and how awesome it is.
Think about what you as devs can do with the tools you have.

Players DO NOT WANT the same think, year after year, LS via LS.
We demand change and alteration, and you ALL have the tools to accomplish this.

I hope and pray for the future of GW2 because it has so much hope and promise, but seems to fall short most of the time.

Perhaps the creativity, ingenuity and “coolness” of the original game can be recaptured and perhaps exceeded.

It is within your power.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Where is my challenge?

Posted by: aliksyian.7642

aliksyian.7642

If they added a hard mode to dungeons that might satisfy a lot of people. Especially if they had them reward prestige skins (and not more kitten power). Double especially if they made them “hard” not by inflating the numbers, but giving the enemies more skills and smarter behavior. Like GW1, enemy groups could be designed so they work well as a whole.

Hide user’s posts on forum with chrome tampermonkey script: http://pastebin.com/aaUQr3pm

Where is my challenge?

Posted by: aliksyian.7642

aliksyian.7642

Anyway it’s all
About dodging and DPSing , we won’t see anything different without
A tank and a healer .

How very unimaginative of you.

Hide user’s posts on forum with chrome tampermonkey script: http://pastebin.com/aaUQr3pm

Where is my challenge?

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

I have started to believe that, given the age rating of this game and the target audience. Challenging content simply doesn’t have a place here.

Oceanic [LOD]

Where is my challenge?

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Oh, they add difficult stuff sometimes, and people complain endlessly about it.

Where is my challenge?

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

The original post seems, well, a little dramatic. If the game isn’t challenging enough for you, you could invent your own. Or try WvW / PvP, which you might already have tried, but didn’t list in your post.

Ultimately, if you’ve done everything, are bored, and can’t find/invent anything else to challenge yourself, you might just have to recognize that you’re in a minority situation and reconsider how much super-high-difficulty of the type you won’t you can expect. Tequatl, Liadri, and SAB: Tribulation Mode suggest that Anet isn’t against making very challenging content, but how much, how often, and whether it’s the type of challenge you want (put down those pitchforks, Tequatl-haters!) is another question entirely.

As they say, “Alexander wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.”

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Where is my challenge?

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Yep I agree Tequatl was extremly hard . Hiding behind a blob and spamming 1 is beyond impossible .

Where is my challenge?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

You can try soloing some of the dungeon. And with various class.

Where is my challenge?

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

You want difficult content?

Go make a new character, don’t use any gear, and do the dungeons at their minimal required level. Also, if you die, you have to delete the character and start over.

There......difficult content.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Where is my challenge?

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Yep I agree Tequatl was extremly hard . Hiding behind a blob and spamming 1 is beyond impossible .

Hey now, I thought I said to put those pitchforks down.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Where is my challenge?

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Soloing dungeons is not the answer to the lack of hard content . If i wanted
To solo I wouldn’t play an MMO .

Where is my challenge?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Backhanded bragging posts are always fun.

If I were better than everyone else, in the top few percent, I wouldn’t expect someone to make stuff for my level. It’s a bad investment, because there are so few people by percentage at that level.

I personally don’t mind the occasional challenge, but I feel like I’ve had the occasional challenge.

Where is my challenge?

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Soloing dungeons is not the answer to the lack of hard content . If i wanted
To solo I wouldn’t play an MMO .

Do them with 2 or 3 underleveled people naked, that would be a challenge.

Here’s my issue that I take with people that ‘want’ more difficult content. There’s already tons of difficult content if you just use your imagination.

Leveling too easy? Different build, less gear, don’t use certain skills.
Dungeons too easy? Different build, less gear, less people, lower level.
World bosses too easy? Face tank in no gear, stand in circles.

You can make the game more difficult on your own. You do not need development time.

But I know none of you will take my suggestions to heart because you dont really want more difficult content. What you want is exclusive content.

OP said it himself when he pointed out that everyone has legendaries. He’s legitimately bothered by others having the best items in game because they should only be for him and other ‘good’ players like him.

It’s a terrible primal attitude that plagues this game. Only the best, most coolest items should be for the ‘good’ players, kitten everyone else.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Where is my challenge?

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

Anyway it’s all
About dodging and DPSing , we won’t see anything different without
A tank and a healer .

How very unimaginative of you.

Whats imaginative about wearing zerker, stacking ontop of a boss and DPSing him down with a guardian pretty much spam cleansing everyone and booning everyone, ignoring most mechanics and generally just rushing dungeons because all people care about are rewards. The most interesting and frustrating dungeon path made this year was the Twilight Assault dungeon with a boss that can and will kill you if you did not do mechanics. Skipping tons of mobs in dungeons because trying to beat them all down is generally suicidal and a waste of time… sigh. Honestly, I think OP’s point was spot on. Sure if you do dungeons the “Right” way, it can take a while, but it should have to be done the right way from the start. It’s partly the way Anet designed mobs and bosses, and the overpowering need to find the most braindead and mindless route possible from the players.

Gates of Madness

Where is my challenge?

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I would like a ‘hardmode’ for dungeons where you can’t res or wp.

Where is my challenge?

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

Add anything more challenging than revamped Teq in the game and no one but 10 people will touch it after the meta achievements are done with.

The fix would be to add difficult content, but make the rewards equal out to the difficulty. A guaranteed rare, 2 blues, 2 greens, and t5 mats won’t cut it.

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides