Where is the Dragon mountain from the teaser?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wift.9862

Wift.9862

Upon watching the first trailer of Guild Wars 2, I saw an area that I did not recognize even from exploring the world 100% in Guild Wars 2.

At 3:50 of the trailer, you can see some kind of dead Dragon mountain I think. Does anyone know where it is in the game?

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

Isn’t that mountain Kralkatorrik? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kralkatorrik

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Well, Tyria isn’t 100% explorable yet so expect so see that in future expansions when they open up new maps and they introduce the Elder Dragon Kralkatorrik.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Posted by: Dokuroizo.5348

Dokuroizo.5348

Isn’t that mountain Kralkatorrik? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kralkatorrik

Pretty sure it isn’t Krakky, as he is supposed to be glowing, purple and you, alive. Though maybe this was before he awoke which seems unlikely for me.

Looks pretty sweet for a new zone. I guess it would be south of ebonhawke, maybe through that door that they guard in blackhawk quarry.

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

Just a quick hijack question. The dragon Claw of Jormag in Frostgroge Sound, it is the elder dragon Jormag itself or just some champ like Shatterer and Sunless?

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

Just a champion of Jormag.
If that was Jormag himself all norn and kodan would be dancing in the snow out of joy after defeating it

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Yeah, I should have seen every place in the live game. But some parts of the trailer are unknown (never played GW1 though). I am especially interested in the following two places.

Concept art: 1:30

Gameplay: 2:35 – 2:43

Any ideas?

Posted by: Wift.9862

Wift.9862

Yeah, I should have seen every place in the live game. But some parts of the trailer are unknown (never played GW1 though). I am especially interested in the following two places.

Concept art: 1:30

Gameplay: 2:35 – 2:43

Any ideas?

The concept art at 1:30 is the concept art of the city of Ebonhawke i think, in which you can find the city in the map of Fields of Ruin.

After watching the trailer more closely, I noticed while a ton of maps look familiar from the trailer, most of em have changed since the release of the game. The interior of Rata Sum from the trailer for example, looks nothing like the interior we see of Rata Sum in-game. I guess that Dragon mountain I expected to see was one of the cut content we saw from the trailer.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Ebonhawke seems right, the place just looks so much more epic in the concept art.

Posted by: HunterFox.2578

HunterFox.2578

Could be Zhaitan but as for the closeup not being there, I’m not too sure.

Posted by: Avalarion.7542

Avalarion.7542

Its Zhaitan, his corpse was supposed to be visible in Arah explorable.

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

I think it was from an early version of Orr.

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

Just a quick hijack question. The dragon Claw of Jormag in Frostgroge Sound, it is the elder dragon Jormag itself or just some champ like Shatterer and Sunless?

A champion. “The dragon claw of Jormag”. Insinuates it is not Jormag himself

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Drop by to Hoelbrak and you can get idea of Jormag’s size by glimpsing at his tooth displayed at great lodge. It is my guess that he could chew his lieutenant in two bites.

On topic, area in which dragon is looks like Ascalon, or maybe part of Crystal desert.

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

I am absolutely certain that’s Zhaitan, and I’m really curious about that scene. Is something going to be done with it? If not, can we get some sort of information on what the intent was and why it was cut from the game?

I’ve been intensely curious about those few seconds of footage for a long, long time and I’d really love for someone to give me some info so I can stop wondering about it, heh