Where is the late game ?

Where is the late game ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Warpinator.9860

Warpinator.9860

PvE : You grind gear once your level 80 and …. that’s about it.

PvP : boring

eSport : no one cares

WvW : no big rewards, WvW season doesn’t exist anymore.

I tho once your done with PvE and get Good Gear, u hit WvW … but WvW have nothing to offer.

PvP isn’t my thing, some class are unbalance, u have to “down and kill” players and every one heals.

Where is the late game ?

Where is the late game ?

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

So in your mind, exactly what would “late game” content be?

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Where is the late game ?

Posted by: Sigpaos.2615

Sigpaos.2615

It’s coming later…

On a more serious note, late/end game is really about cosmetics and achievements.

Where is the late game ?

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

“Challenging group content” coming SOON. No one know what it is though.

Where is the late game ?

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

For pve that WOULD be dungeons/Fractals but anet dropped the ball here so now it would be doing a few world bosses, silverwastes/dry top, collection and farm ap :/

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Where is the late game ?

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Late game is a subjective term and different for anybody.

Judging from your opinions you like to PvE, in which case GW2 doesn’t really offer the traditional idea of what people call endgame.

WvW has never really had a point. It’s always had bad rewards, people have just done WvW because it is fun to them.

Learning PvP or enjoying PvP will always be good in every game because playing against others will always stagnate slower than scripted ai/events. It’ll keep you around longer imo.

If you have nothing to fun to do right now take a break, and wait and see more details for HoT. If you still don’t see your type of endgame there you might as well look for a new game.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Where is the late game ?

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

for some of the really old school players
the thinking go like this

pve = farm for top gears
pk = fight and win win win win!

nothing else
so, pk actually consider the late game since it is the only place that will truly utilize ur top gears

but this is gw2, not the usual kind of mmorpg
so late game will be what u wan to do…if u dun hav anything u want to do, then there is no late game

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Where is the late game ?

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

PvE Content: You level up to 80, and then the game reall begins. You have The personal story, a huge are to explore and get map completion, a decent set of dungeons to play trough, a elite dungeon levelled (Fractals), Achievments/Collections to chase, The whole living story stuff, legendarys to get, and some quite interesting events out there (World bosses, Dry top, Silverwastes).

*PvP : Its not boring, you just dislike it because you can’t stand. I find the gw2 sPvP the best pvp experience I had on mmo’s, the unique game where gameplay skill >> armor you are using/money you invested.

*WxW : Okay, kida meh. But it is still epic if you play with a guild, and its the concept of it, like you it or not.

But by your way of speak, I think you are an adept of the old-style holy trinity (And you seens to be a monk). Gw2 is another sort of dynamic game, not a point and click rpg. You can have your own taste, jut don’t blame anet and gw2 because the game don’t fit in what you like.

Where is the late game ?

Posted by: DeadSurvivor.6157

DeadSurvivor.6157

End-Game Seems Like ReRolling An Alt After Your First 80th Level Character Is Pimped Out. Just My Opinion Though …

Guild Wars 2 News & Links
Guilds: [AoL]
( Swindle Rogue )

Where is the late game ?

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

The whole point of Guild Wars 2 is you do the same stuff at level 1 as you do at level 80.
It’s not like some other games where you rush to the top to get to the “real” game. The stuff that’s supposed to be “Endgame” content was never gated to begin with. (Hence why PvP and WvW upscales you)

Finish the story (Including LW instances)
Explore and do map completion.
Run Dungeons and Fractals
Hunt Achievements
Complete all the Jumping Puzzles
Join a guild/do guild missions
Or start your own guild and max it out,
Play activities and minigames
Collect armor and weapon skins to pimp out your character(s)
Build a legendary weapon
Wander maps and do dynamic events
Kill all the world bosses

That’s the stuff you do in PvE at both level 1 and Level 80. And then there’s PvP and WvW content.

If you already did all that stuff, congratulations, you should probably take a break from this game anyways. (and there’s no subscription, so that’s not a big deal) and if NONE of those activities appeal to you, then you might want to consider a different game.

And yeah, as mentioned before, if you just want more level 80 zones and bosses, the expansion is coming… eventually… We still have no clue when or just what this new “Challenging group content” will be, and how much of it will be added, so we’ll see how that turns out

Where is the late game ?

Posted by: Zunami.8560

Zunami.8560

Terrible answers here…

Everybody know late game is PvI. You do a couple rounds of spvp, WvW or PvE….

Click on the chest to your right to gain a chest in your inventory…

It containing another 2 chests (containing Potions of PvP and another chest) and a few numerous crafting items and weapons and armor nobody will ever use because its all level 80 and lower than the gear everybody has already…

You click on your potion of PvP which spawn another 2 chests to your right this time! Which spawn more chests in your inventory, which contain more potions of PvP! and more useless junk! PVI! PVI! PVI!

What is all this crap for! Can you solve the mystery Of PVI! Whole game is streamlined to the point where I’m sure this is supposed to be some competitive mini game! I’ve spend hours farming stuff I don’t even know what its for!

Where is the late game ?

Posted by: Katalos.5038

Katalos.5038

Guild Hall is coming out in HoT, I am hyped about this.

Where is the late game ?

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PvE… Well you level and unlock more content. if you want to do tequatl be aware of the fact it is a level 68 WORLD BOSS. lvl 80 is only max stat for player. all levels above 15 are endgame content tbh, you might want to include fire elemental, frozen maw shadow behemoth and the jungle wurm.

Even the end game gear shows you cause you’ll need t2,t3,t4,t5 materials tro craft your stuff, and some t6 for your legendary.

Levelling is a pain atm due to trait s being only available for buying but this was neccesary mostly due to “new views from the developers”

Dungeons well dungeons range from lvl 35 to lvl 80 (when talking explorable) they are generally easy and good income. ppl farm them to buy skins and gear. Most bugs have been fixed, most skips have been fixed, but in the end dungeons became easier, easier and easier, mostly due to “new views from the developers” including ascneded gear, which required a LOT of Nerfs

Silverwastes , Orr, Forstgorge, southsun Cove, Dry Top are the highest level maps, and even though some have more events, they were more content focussed before, Orr had a nice chain of events, and the temples triggering effects, bosses, but the megaserver destroyed most of these experiences, due to overscaling, and the fact the temples never reset anymore. getting traits from these temples has been a pain, mostly due to “new views from the developers”: farms were shut down, content was altered, megaservers destroyed the chance of travelling to an active eventon different servers if you did want to do temples.

WvW holds lvl 81,82,83 and 84 guards, but they live very short vs 30-80 experienced players. ATM it isn’t balanced and it doesn’t really matter that much. they are going to -balance it- by removing some buffs, but still ppl playing quite some time will notice they’ll do more dmg due to more WVW ranks, ascneded armor, experience in tactics and communictaions, knowledge of builds and so on. And as some changes are underway trying to open WVW for more players , I fear thse changes fail and cause even more crowding on high level servers where queues can be 100+ regulary… but it is a must implement mostly due to “new views from the developers” Ascneded grear was nice, but cuased a powe r imbalance, between the PvE player with WvW interest and the WvW hardcore player. due to the neccesary choices between armor and builds. especially with regard to ascneded stats and the subsequent costs

PvP is a mystery to me. I do not really care for it TBH. The completely idiotic vision of this game being a e-sport is a hallucination in some ppls head I cannot understand, but due to the mindless focus on this part, other parts of the game have been abandoned, ignored and deprioritized, mostly due to “new views from the developers” where all stuf needs top be balanced in PvP to put it into PvE, which destroyed a lot of inetersting gameplay in PvE, due to builds being destroyed which were meta in PvE and due to being OP in PvP but also the fact conditions seem to stay imbalanced in PvP showed frantic modifications again in PvE where conditions were nerfed and nerfed again, which after long sessions of feedback was moderately compensated.

I love the game, but I fail to see the vision behind the pipedreams of the people who tell the programmers and developer team where to focus attention. This game has sold 7 million copies and I expect less then 15% still to play the game. I fear I think positive though.

Challenging group content was released before in the marionette, in tequatl, in the krait tower, in the queens gauntlet, in the zephyrite sanctum, in triple trouble.. Only a few of those events remain. But they were nice and decent events. they added someting to the game, a lot of very interesting content from LS S1 has vanished, some was inplemented in fractals… A full dungeon cou
ld have been build with this content, with 5 man paths but also with 12 or 20 man content or 50 for that matter. There has been a lot of content, and you missed some… I guess..

There is endgame content, as you can do all content and not be ’’overclassed, or outranking the content"…due to level scaling…

I have 9 times world, 16 characters at lvl 80, I have condi builds, DPS builds, Speedrun builds, WvW builds, Fun builds, legendaries, the better part of my characters with ascneded gear and trinkets and some even with armor….. with agony for lvl 39 or even 40 + fractals, builds and gear… alternate gear, and so on…

But there is enough. enough to last me 6500 hours in 1000 days of playing. I’m a Bunny in PvP and only silver in WvW but I did quite nice.

I hope the expansion will arrive soon, but in my terms , not those of A-Net…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Where is the late game ?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Like for the hundreds of exact same thread before, the end-game is what you choose in this game.

You can form a dungeon team to speed run or even record run dungeon or fractal
You can solo dungeon
You can go after achivement, legendary, gear, etc
You can go into a WvW team and do zerg bursting
You can invest your time in WvW as a lone roamer, a commander, a small roaming group, etc
You can invest your time in PvP, alone or in a team

Or you can dislike all that and spot playing and it’s ok too.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Where is the late game ?

Posted by: Wolfe.3097

Wolfe.3097

the problem is there is no “high end” endgame

there is no punishing backbreaking soul crushing raids/dungeons

the esport aspect never took off

wvw is usually determined by whose server is more active/more playres.

What i can say

PVE can be fun with friends and voicechat

pvp doubly so

pvp can be fun regardless (tho also frustrating as with any pvp venture)

wvw is why i play the game, im not 80 yet, but its the best endgame this game possesses

the gear you get will matter in wvw
the skill you have will matter when roaming
its a mixture of PvE, PVP and zerg and its always happening.

while a “point” would help, it doesnt really need one.

the only mmo’s ive played with compareable pvp is wildstar. wich in general was the best mmo since wow imo. sad it died down so easily. i hope a f2p model or buy once no sub would help it, id go back to it in a heartbeat.

i also have high hopes for elder scrolls online, it recently going the same route as guild wars 2 (a great price model imo and good compromise between f2p and sub) ive heard only good things about its pvp.

basically after this summer i hope to be able to try out heart of mists, elder scrolls online and i hope wildstar comes around so i can reactivate my account and do awesome stuff.

Where is the late game ?

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

I think if you played to level 80 you seem to like the levelling experience, and possible the story, so make an alt, and re-do the game with a different race, class, and personal story options.

Maybe you will like the late game it better with a different class for example.

Where is the late game ?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This is my 3rd mmo, one of hundreds of games I’ve played and I’ve been playing it since launch…I’m still not sure what end game is. To me there’s just the game, when it ends that means you’ve run out of things to do and need to find a new game.

Since getting my 1st character to level 80 I’ve been exploring the maps (not just for map completion, I actually like exploring them, and doing jumping puzzles, Explorer achievements etc), doing the personal and living sstories, making a legendary, getting other skins I like, doing dungeons, doing WvW and a bit of PvP…

The only thing that really changed when I got to level 80 is that I didn’t have to worry about being too low level for what I wanted to do, it didn’t change my actual goals.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Where is the late game ?

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

You have to solo every dungeon naked. Then you win the game.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]