Where is the precursor hunt?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

It seems like the new legendarys they also mentioned and it been at least 6 months. Where are they!!!

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

The precursor hunt hasn’t started yet. LS season 2 is about to start, and we don’t know anything about what that is going to entail. It would make sense to throw in a precursor hunt with a new legendary every couple of installments though. But we just have to wait and see. Have patience.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

We’re waiting for the NPC to get the Orange thing over his head. Then we’ll start it

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Scheduled just after Snipe season…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Scheduled just after Snipe season…..

Is that before or after the invasion of the Mursaat? Or was it the return of the Dwarves?

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Too many gems being turned to gold for precursors to be available from a scavenger hunt.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Hahahahaha its still not here?!

Oh definitely by end of 2013.
Oh definitely after 2014.
..nearly 6 months into 2014..

But hey, priorities are living story.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

Too many gems being turned to gold for precursors to be available from a scavenger hunt.

^^^ And now that precursors prices reached stars, uuuh I’m sure expecting it to be implemented soon.

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Posted by: Harvest.2506

Harvest.2506

NCsoft Doesn’t want GW2 to compete with the Launch of Wildstar that’s why we not getting LS for another month, and why they haven’t given us the precursor quest yet cuase they know how crazy everyone will farm for there legendaries once its finally attainable,

Everyone will be burnt out afterwards with no desire to pay for abit let alone, eat, sleep, and potty.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I thought the Precursor Scavenger Hunt was scrapped, and replaced with Precursor Crafting some time ago.

We have yet to hear when, or what that may entail.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Scavenger hunt was scraped a long time ago since it used ingame methods instead of things you could buy with gems. It was replaced about a year ago with precursor crafting, which was designed to use a large amount of mats to balance the economy and promote gem sales.

However with the new reward systems they have been implementing over the past 6 months their original design was no longer feasible (i.e they nerfed everything so hard that it wasn’t possible to make the precursors without an uproar) so they had to go back to square one again. That was 6 months ago, not sure what the current timeline is.

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Might as well forget about it. Anet is making way too much money off cash to gems to gold. Despite what people might say, if precursors didn’t sell for close to the prices listed, then people would have to drop them and according to GW2Spidy, they have been selling. So that means either people are farming that gold in game or they are buying gems with real life cash. If it’s the latter then again, why would Anet kill the cash cow.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Might as well forget about it. Anet is making way too much money off cash to gems to gold. Despite what people might say, if precursors didn’t sell for close to the prices listed, then people would have to drop them and according to GW2Spidy, they have been selling. So that means either people are farming that gold in game or they are buying gems with real life cash. If it’s the latter then again, why would Anet kill the cash cow.

Well, we know they aren’t farming it unless they have secret spots or opportunities, because the best farm spots always get nerfed xD.

Posted by: Eric.1340

Eric.1340

When the sun raises in the west and sets in the east is the day that precursor crafting will be released. Face it it’s not happening anytime soon. You should grind for your precursor like I had to for all three of mine.

Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Akayashi.9086

Akayashi.9086

I got Eternity now but I bet one week after I equipped it they announce precursor hunt and new Legendaries, now I’m scared of equipping it :/

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

remember this kind of book in GW1 : http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hero%27s_Handbook ?

i think GW2 precursor hunt will have more or less similar style of questing….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

At the risk of all the hate I am going to get for this, I am still going to go ahead and say it.

I hope that Anet never puts in a precursor hunts or crafting. The amount of Legendary weapons in game already seems to high. When I used to walk from the bank to the trading post and pass five or six guys all with the same legendary weapons I had to shake my head.

I will admit there is nothing legendary about buying them. But as soon as 80-90% of the population is running around with them it will seem even less legendary.

I am all for them adding different themes or styles to the legendary weapons for those who do not like certain looks, aka the necro and the staff etc.

But it doesn’t need to go from one extreme of there being very few precursors to everyone having one or more just from farming quest.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

At the risk of all the hate I am going to get for this, I am still going to go ahead and say it.

I hope that Anet never puts in a precursor hunts or crafting. The amount of Legendary weapons in game already seems to high. When I used to walk from the bank to the trading post and pass five or six guys all with the same legendary weapons I had to shake my head.

I will admit there is nothing legendary about buying them. But as soon as 80-90% of the population is running around with them it will seem even less legendary.

I am all for them adding different themes or styles to the legendary weapons for those who do not like certain looks, aka the necro and the staff etc.

But it doesn’t need to go from one extreme of there being very few precursors to everyone having one or more just from farming quest.

I really couldn’t care less that everyone can get a legendary. As fas as I’m concerned I play for ME and only ME.

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

The precursor hunt is also called the wild goose chase. Don’t expect anything from it.

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Ha, people thinking when it comes it will be easy, it’s probably going to be a bigger grind than it is now.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

I still say NO TO precusor crafting. Legendaries are common enough dont make it more common…..

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I still say NO TO precusor crafting. Legendaries are common enough dont make it more common…..

I think the general idea is that they will be released with the new set of legendary weapons which if Anet has any sense at all will be account bound on creation. This means people will actually have to work for them instead of just buying them off the TP.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

What a lot of people don’t realize is that any type of guaranteed Precursor-granting system is going to be time-gated and that time gate is probably going to be 1 year per Precursor.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: SumAussieCobber.2465

SumAussieCobber.2465

I agree that yes to many around but who cares really its for the them and what they like right?? I think your on to something though like maybe they make something so you can change your legendary to something other then the normal look? I don’t know how hard it would be and how many idea’s they could do. But surely its worth a shot?

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

I suspect they may implement it like they did in China, with some form of pvp-style reward track. Or make it tied into the achievements system.

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

The reason precursors are reaching sky high prices might be connected to high ammounts of hacked accounts recently.

Friend had his account hijacked a while ago. Durring that time his gold was used to buy precursors from TP.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

You misunderstand the market. If precursors suddenly fall from the sky for everybody, T6 will fly universally. Imagine if you can save 800g by crafting Dusk compared to it’s price now, the majority of that 800g would just shift onto the cost of T6.

All this would result in the cost Legendaries with a cheaper precursor, Kamo, Moot, Minstrel etc. rising through the roof.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

(edited by Flissy.4093)

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

You misunderstand the market. If precursors suddenly fall from the sky for everybody, T6 will fly universally. Imagine if you can save 800g by crafting Dusk compared to it’s price now, the majority of that 800g would just shift onto the cost of T6.

To elaborate on this, since T6 impacts MANY markets, not just legendaries, the shock to the entire game economy would be pretty significant. Imagine exotic and ascended gear, top level potions, and sigils/runes being several hundred gold each (around what we pay now for Precursors on the TP) because of the increased material prices.

That’s why any type of Precursor crafting will come with a LENGTHY time gate.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

To elaborate on this, since T6 impacts MANY markets, not just legendaries, the shock to the entire game economy would be pretty significant. Imagine exotic and ascended gear, top level potions, and sigils/runes being several hundred gold each (around what we pay now for Precursors on the TP) because of the increased material prices.

Lengthy time gate is better than pure luck and gambling we have atm.

The only reliable way is to buy them and that’s just wrong.

They could also add a completely questable way to get Legendary items in addition to 100% exploration with multiple stages without using standard craftable mats. That way it wouldn’t influence T6 mats that much (except maybe make them slightly cheaper)

(edited by zMajc.4659)

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

You were exaggerating a bit on the non-Legendary front. As prices go up, demand drops, and supply will increase as people try to profit off the spikes, either by selling the goods they no longer wish to use, or actively farming for profit.

Sigil/Rune at “around … precusor” (which is a range of about 1000g+ btw) price would have maybe a demand of single figures which would be instantly filled.

T6 would fly up as shock demand from people getting their pres, but the other markets that use T6 would not catch up in time and certainly would not rise at the same rate. I’m unsure of the term, but I’ll call it secondary demand.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

I don’t know why people misunderstand that having a precursor equals having a legendary. There is still a lot of mats to grind even if you have the precursor…

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I don’t know why people misunderstand that having a precursor equals having a legendary. There is still a lot of mats to grind even if you have the precursor…

But you can get them easily and without feeding people that play to ruin your game.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Triston.7639

Triston.7639

Is there any news on this? Or was this all just made up by Arena Net because they realized that they will loose a lot of money if they did this?

But I remembered in GW 1 Arena Net did a Tormented Weapon Scavenger Hunt when GW2 was about to come out. Wasn’t easy at all, at least for me.

So if anyone knows let me know so I can wait to make Sunrise or sell my Soul for Gems.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As far as I know, they scrapped the Scavenger Hunt idea and replaced it with Precursor Crafting. At what state that particular implementation is, I have no idea. Devs said that because of the new reward structure, it all has to be reworked.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Haha are you kidding me?

Pre cursor crafting will be eerly similar to ascended crafting. An insane amount of stupid materials…

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Yeah.. guaranteed access to coveted things given sufficient time commitment is not one of the things Anet is known for. And when most of their revenue comes from selling gems (to be converted into gold), it’s not that surprising.

Unless they find a way to make money that doesn’t rely so heavily on the gem store, we’re going to be seeing even more grinding for top gear.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Haha are you kidding me?

Pre cursor crafting will be eerly similar to ascended crafting. An insane amount of stupid materials…

Don’t forget timegating.

But it is not like its going to do them any good since most people really don’t care very much if you have/get one nowadays.

WingLegacy.7159

Haha are you kidding me?

Don’t forget timegating.

But it is not like its going to do them any good since most people really don’t care very much if you have/get one nowadays.

Timegating like ascended armor? 2 days after patch that people have a set already cause of saleable mats? Yea right. …

WingLegacy.7159

All this would result in the cost Legendaries with a cheaper precursor, Kamo, Moot, Minstrel etc. rising through the roof.

I have made 5 legendaries and sold 2 shields in tp so yea I perfectly understand the market. I will only agree on precusor crafting if they will make Legendaries and precusor not tradable but of course it might be too late to implement it…

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Soon™

/15 Charrs sitting on a wall.