Where's Our Halloweeny Update?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Roguefire.8174

Roguefire.8174

Well I was expecting it to be this last Tuesday, sadly that didn’t happen. So hopefully it comes out next Tuesday, but that still only leaves it available for 2 weeks, as they already stated that the Halloweeny update will last until the November 4th update.

Has it been confirmed that it will be next Tuesday?

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Blood and Madness started the 15th and ran well into November.

I assume that we’ll simply be seeing Halloween events run even deeper into November this time around.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The Burninator

Posted by: Roguefire.8174

Roguefire.8174

Ok, so it will only be 2 weeks then. Owell…

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Ok, so it will only be 2 weeks then. Owell…

Sadly yes. My favorite GW time of year and it has been cut to a mere 2 weeks this time around

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

Hey! We have so much to do in game now, that anet decided it would be better to hold halloween a bit.
Thanks a lot! =3

(edited by Xiem.4719)

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

If they do this to Halloween then you might as well expect Wintersday to only run 2 weeks too.

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

Halloween events in GW1 were hotly anticipated and generated hours upon hours of fun for a month. This two week deal is a sad comparison.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I know right? I was expecting at least 2 weeks to play… it’s my favorite time in GW1/2…sucks it’s so short

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, it will be 2 weeks long, so your expectations will be met. No suck-removal needed. =)

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

Halloween events in GW1 were hotly anticipated and generated hours upon hours of fun for a month. This two week deal is a sad comparison.

Guild Wars used to me my favorite Halloween game. I used to just hang out in Lion’s Arch for hours, chatting, dancing, joking around. THEN they added quests which made it even better. Seems like GW2’s version is going backwards.

Posted by: webtoehobbit.4201

webtoehobbit.4201

Hey! We have so much to do in game now, that anet decided it would be better to hold halloween a bit.
Thanks a lot! =3

Maybe if you’re a new player, but to us vets, we have….. collections…. oh JOY! What awesome new content sigh

webtoehobbit.4201

Also, there is almost always at least a teaser trailer one week prior to the release of any new content, whether it is Living World or a holiday. The lack of a teaser trailer is disturbing to me. I think this is going to be one of the WORST Halloween’s this franchise will ever see.

webtoehobbit.4201

I just hope that ANet is ready for the backlash they are going to receive for such a lackluster holiday.

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

After removing a really fun dungeon i don’t think anyone really cares about Halloween anymore..

1st halloween , was exciting, scavenger hunts.. a little story.. good dungeon that was quick and fun..
2nd halloween.. tumbleweed and grinding..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

They did announce it but it’s kinda weird that we didn’t get a reminder this tuesday.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Xiem.4719

Thanks a lot! =3

Maybe if you’re a new player, but to us vets, we have….. collections…. oh JOY! What awesome new content sigh

I was trying to be sarcastic…

Posted by: Jaggedrain.6923

Jaggedrain.6923

Thanks a lot! =3

So were they, I think…

Anyway don’t be negative about Halloween, you guys! I prefer to believe that it’s going to be fabu, and you can pry that belief from my cold, dead hands.

Xiem.4719

Thanks a lot! =3

So were they, I think…

Anyway don’t be negative about Halloween, you guys! I prefer to believe that it’s going to be fabu, and you can pry that belief from my cold, dead hands.

Wasn’t sure about it :P
Anyway, i’m happy for halloween, but i wonder why we are getting it later this time.
There wasn’t much to do after LS break, but yet they didn’t give us dragon bash or sab..and now we have to wait for this too :/

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Why do people keep spreading these lies?

Halloween in GW1 have NEVER been a month long. At the longest it have been two weeks. And the first few years it was not even that.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

Some of my most cherished memories & friendships made came from GW1 events. Sadly, I do not feel the same connection about them in GW2.

I will rather spend my holiday in GW1 this year plus I can visit Cantha nyaa~~

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

Its a little bit strange that theres no Preview whatsoever. Even if its a rehash of the the last (or elements of the first included hopefully, ala Mad King Mini dungeon). I Always used previews to prepare for the content, hype myself up :-) And it would be a perfect way to bring new players in, Events are Always appreciated and a welcome change from the usual more serious content.

(edited by Bolbo Baggins.8594)

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Also, there is almost always at least a teaser trailer one week prior to the release of any new content, whether it is Living World or a holiday. The lack of a teaser trailer is disturbing to me. I think this is going to be one of the WORST Halloween’s this franchise will ever see.

This is likely because it isn’t new content. Look at it this way…

Same name as last year + no teaser trailer + no real advertisement of any kind + all focus being either on gemstore or LS2 = exactly the same content reloaded as last year.

And it almost seems like they are giving us even recycled content grudgingly. They won’t give us SAB and that has had backlash, I think the only reason they are even giving us anything is because they are afraid of the backlash if there was no Halloween event at all. If it wasn’t for that they likely wouldn’t do anything as it doesn’t fit into their LS season 2.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

kokiman.2364

So basically the same as last years :S I called it.

GuildWars 2

lordkrall.7241

Not really that impressive to have called it seeing as they outright stated it quite some time ago.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

kokiman.2364

Not really that impressive to have called it seeing as they outright stated it quite some time ago.

Where?

GuildWars 2

lordkrall.7241

Well at first during year one they more or less said that they are building a bank of seasonal events that they can bring back year after year instead of having to build completely new one everytime.

And more recently we had the Coming up blog post on the official homepage which had this little part:

Later in October, we’ll be bringing back our famous Halloween festivities! Blood and Madness will be returning to Guild Wars 2 on October 21 and remain active until the return of Season 2.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upcoming-events-in-guildwars2/

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

kokiman.2364

Well you can’t blame people who expect something new after 2 months of waiting

GuildWars 2

Posted by: Zohane.7208

Zohane.7208

How memory decieves us all, I just checked on GW1 wiki, and the longest any halloween event ran so far was from Oct18 to Nov 2, so just about 2 weeks. Most were even shorter.

Edit: quoted wrong post.

Gunnar’s Hold
Guild Leader for Tyria Liberation Council [TLC]

(edited by Zohane.7208)

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

Glad to see someone looked up the facts! >:)

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Last year’s halloween event in GW2 ran for a month. I wonder if this means they’ve not adjusted the candy corn sinks at all. I’m not holding my breath for anything, at this point.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?