For some reason I assumed they would be the “WoW LFR”

This is not World of Warcraft

Where's the Beef? (PvE Endgame)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

For some reason I assumed they would be the “WoW LFR”

This is not World of Warcraft

You are right, luckily it isnt. The OP was unlucky to mention “that game”.

Anyway on to the post, most of it sounds really good to me. I’m no big fan of a window with event timers in game, but then again I did use the dragon timer in the past. Many huge dynamic event encounters that happen like every other day (once per hour is too much imo) so if you want you can do it every day (optional!), and give them fun loot as described by the OP. For the record I want similar fun loot on the dungeons since both the big events (currently only dragons really and some of Orr) and dungeons (the older ones, not FotM) are acknowledged as needing a loot upgrade.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Get a guild or big group together, take out Bathazar’s Temple, profit.

You are not led around by the nose here, you can take on all 6 temples if you like and I’m sure that they might even reset while doing another one. I agree that the DE distance should be map wide, as do I agree the chests that spawn for the bosses should have more and distinct treasure items. All in all though if you want a WoW clone you will have to look elsewhere and I pray daily that ANet quits trying to cater to the end game crowd and just sticks to it’s “original” design.

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

well supposedly the whole game is on equal footing, but I think memorable encounters like Shatterer (whicht is not "endgame, being lvl50) should have more interesting an special loot. Not more stats though, but the idea of mini pets and special skins is spot on imo. Just as optional as other content with specific skins, like the dungeons or crafting.