Where's the profession unique quotes?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Q:

I remember that the skill preview videos had unique quotes for some classes IE: the elementalists who would say “I’m so stunning” while in air attunement. Whatever happened to those? Despite some negative reactions, I thought Anet would have kept them??

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Shake it on my mark for great justice.

DanteZero.9736

Shake it on my mark for great justice.

Those are shouts. Look up the profession skill preview videos such as the elementalist’s static field and you’ll know what I’m talking about. Same for the Mesmer’s mind wrack video.

Posted by: Xomic.5792

Xomic.5792

They’re…. still in the game?

When they trigger depends on the profession, and some have higher and better chances of saying something over all. I know my necromancer almost always says something when a summoned minion dies or gets summoned, and elementalists always say something when shifting attunements.

The only profession I’ve played that doesn’t say anything unique is mesmer, and I suspect that’s a bug.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The elementalist has unique quotes for swapping attunements, based on gender and race.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

DanteZero.9736

So I guess some of them were removed then. I never hear “Into the fray” or “And stay down” on any of my characters during and after battle.