Where to buy new account no Hot-Pof?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: trouble.3562

trouble.3562

Hi guys,

2 questions, which are the official sellers of gw2 accounts, besides arenanet?

Second, is it possible to buy just gw2 withouth HOT or POF? i have several friends who’d like to just bother in tyria but seems there isn’t an option in arenanet.

M i wrong?

ty for info

Posted by: akenoyuki.8210

akenoyuki.8210

Just GW2 without HoT or PoF? The core game can be played for free, you just have to download it and make account.

I think the official seller is always ANet… correct me if I’m wrong
But here are list of retailers:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/retailers/

- Guild Wars 2 Helper Android App -
* Event Timer (including HoT Meta), Daily, WvW, Pact Supply, Account. Trading Post, etc:
* Google Playstore Link

(edited by akenoyuki.8210)

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

Well, what would your friends be willing to pay for GW2 without HoT or PoF? Maybe 30 Euros? Because you get GW2 and HoT for that money. I cannot find a package that only contains GW2, but I guess they would sell it for the same amount as the HoT + GW2 package.

Not an official answer of course, but ArenaNet probably doesn’t sell GW2 as standalone version because they included it in HoT and PoF. If they sold GW2 for, let’s say, 15 Euros, and the expansions that include the base game for 30, people would feel cheated if they decide to upgrade later on. Then ArenaNet would have to offer the expansions without GW2 for maybe another 15 Euros for those who already bought GW2 as standalone. This looks like quite a mess, it’s just easier to sell packages.

Your friends need to buy an epxansion + GW2 and can then ignore the expansion.

Although I have a hard time understanding how you can play this game without gliding.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Tiscan.8345

Tiscan.8345

You can still get old box-versions of GW2 on amazon.com – the Heroic Editon is 20$, the normal edition 15$ – and HoT is19$.

So you can save 4$ – or just buy HoT and get gliding, auto-loot, etc.

Posted by: Wildon.7618

Wildon.7618

One thing I don’t see mentioned yet is that you also have the option to play as a free to play account for the core game only. You might want to look into that as an option to see if your friends like the game, then they could purchase HoT if they want to unlock the full features. As others have said, if you look online you will find HoT for basically the same price as the core game anyways, so there is no reason to not purchase HoT if you do want a full account.

This page shows the free to play restrictions: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230165307-Account-types-Free-Core-HoT

Posted by: trouble.3562

trouble.3562

is it safe to buy from amazon? you get your CD-KEY aswell?

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Second, is it possible to buy just gw2 withouth HOT or POF? i have several friends who’d like to just bother in tyria but seems there isn’t an option in arenanet.

Core game is completely free. Register new account, download the game, and play.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

is it safe to buy from amazon? you get your CD-KEY aswell?

You can check the list of Authorized Retailers (link above). I believe Amazon is listed there.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

If you buy the base game which is no longer sold by ANET, then the person wants to go to the next stage or they want gliding (HoT) they will need to pay again roughly at this point the exact same price. Why not just buy HoT and be done with it?

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Cause maybe He wants accounts for daily login farm.

Yargesh.4965

Cause maybe He wants accounts for daily login farm.

And? It is the same price.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Pretty sure the OP said his/her friends were interested in playing in Core Tyria, thus he/she was looking for (just)Core editions.

They are out there, for about half the cost of Core+either expansion.

Good luck.

Yargesh.4965

Pretty sure the OP said his/her friends were interested in playing in Core Tyria, thus he/she was looking for (just)Core editions.

Good luck.

In Europe HoT can be bought for roughly 18 euros the prices I have looked at, which is a couple of dollars different from what people have said the base game costs on ebay. That to me is a meaningless price to not pay.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Great deal for EU! =)

I’m sure there are retailers in NA that sell at a discount, as well.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If they’re going to pay money then they’re better off buying HoT or PoF. Otherwise they can just play core Tyria for free if they can handle the restrictions.

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Good luck.

F2p core game and looking for severa base accounts?
You shouldn’t buy this dude

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Amazon is fine, but buy from them not a market vendor. It’s an important distinction.