Where to now?

Where to now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Loki.8034

Loki.8034

In 5 months GW2 will turn 2 years old and yet the game has not much change (disregarding the temporary content and the gear grind). In the 19 months release 5 permanent changes were made to the world; TA (dungeon) path, Teq hardmode, Wurm, EoTM and Fractals

Coming from GW1, new content started appearing once a year; Factions appearing a year after Prophecies (2005) Nightfall appearing same year as Factions and finally Eye of the North in 2007. Thats 3 expansion in 3 years.

What do we get in GW2? Nada. The GW2 world needs to be open more zones to explore to bring in new players and for existing players to get more excited about GW2 and not temporary content.

Anet when will you this?

Edited: Added EoTM and Fractals but are nothing more than another grind

(edited by Loki.8034)

Where to now?

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

I feel the same way, but you are going to have some pretty bad backlash from the few people who still post on these forums, or aren’t banned from them.

Also you are forgetting about Fractals which is a pretty big portion of content(even if the latest Fractals patch has screwed it up royally).

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

Where to now?

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Lke I’ve said before, basically we still play beta test. QoL still needs more love. Ballancing, fixing bugs, permanent content and many more much essential to our gameplay – still disregarded. The best game in the world going such a sideway path. It’s like watching EA screwing up Need For Speed but in fast mode. Please change.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Where to now?

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

… In the 19 months release 3 permanent changes were made to the world; TA (dungeon) path, Teq hardmode and Wurm.

As mentioned, you forgot fractals, but that was ballsed-up from the start. What you also forgot, and I’m sure Anet would rather everyone who remembers forgot, is the messy patch that fractals came out with, which included Southsun Cove and the infamous karka. This also was permanent content. They tried in vain to right the wrongs of past with the farming fest that was sometime in the middle of ‘13 (iirc) and the introduction of the legendary karka queen. Sorry to say that most people I know of only visit there about the same frequency as some parts of Orr… once a day and for as brief a time as possible. Again, it’s a level 80-only area and much like Orr, death awaits you around almost every corner.

What Karka Island lacks is the impetus, the drive to actually be there for more than once a day to kill the queen, and this is where it falls down. The same happened with Orr; it was a karma fest, events were in regular rotation (unheard of these days) and people went there to test out their fresh level 80 characters in what turned out to be the more advanced form of zerging. A lot of people went there to farm T6 mat’s and precious few still do, but now, really no one wants to be there. Anet has taken the very purpose of being there away.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

(edited by Valandil Dragonhart.2371)

Where to now?

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Barring some tremendous change to the game I’ll be heading for EQN myself. Things have just gotten way too stale and while there has been some decent content in there most of it has been shockingly bad.

I guess we can hope that the living story will wrap up with the announcement of a proper expansion, right?

Where to now?

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I highly doubt it just yet… but we can hope. There has been talk of an expansion for a while but I’m yet to see anything firm from NCsoft/Anet on this.

Where to now?

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

To add to the list of major changes since release, there was also:

Edge of the Mist
Fractals of the Mist

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Where to now?

Shockwave.1230

It’s too bad that new players will never be able to experience the Guild Wars 2 story and lore like people who have been around longer. That said, the story telling and characters have been lacking until recently. Kudos to ANet for seeing this major weakness and taking action on it. Hopefully this continues so that it won’t be a weakness of the game at some point.

Where to now?

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Edge of the Mist
Fractals of the Mist

This is what happens when someone only reads the first post of a thread.

Where to now?

Shockwave.1230

Edge of the Mist
Fractals of the Mist

This is what happens when someone only reads the first post of a thread.

The comedy rules of three don’t apply?

Where to now?

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Man for the 1000 times have to reply on something like this.Arena net said that this year there will be 2 big permanent content patches that will add lots of new permanent content to the game.I dont know why u people cant wait for few more months or you just like to rage on forums and ignore answer that all of you already have…There will be permanent content soon so quit it already.

Where to now?

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

What i feel since gw2 launch is we are beta testers for the big asia market. I had some post aout that they where very fast deleted by anet called troll post but i feel its true. And thats why we dont see much changes before not china get the game so asia and the west are on the same foot.

Where to now?

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Man for the 1000 times have to reply on something like this.Arena net said that this year there will be 2 big permanent content patches that will add lots of new permanent content to the game.I dont know why u people cant wait for few more months or you just like to rage on forums and ignore answer that all of you already have…There will be permanent content soon so quit it already.

inb4 you are dissapointed by the patch and the new generation of bugs that come with it..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.