Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I’m loving my new Ele fresh air and moving healing rain <3

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Which Class most benefited from patch?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JinAtonic.2781

JinAtonic.2781

what about guardian, mesmer, engineer, necro?

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I’ve heard guardians got most of the buffs, while having minimal/no nerfs at all

I know for a fact that Mesmers and Rangers got the worst nerfs of all

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Eles, guardians, necros are the best off.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

I’ve heard guardians got most of the buffs, while having minimal/no nerfs at all

Sounds right. I’d add necros to the “Buff” pile.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Here is your answer for most in this forum. “Every class but my (insert profession here). It got nerfed into the ground.”

The Burninator

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

I’m loving my new Ele fresh air and moving healing rain <3

dint know about moving healing rain untill see you post, i logged right away to test and was so cute to see my moving healing rain.

Thank you Anet for this gift.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

My necro just became my main, but I’ll still play my mesmer for now.

The mesmer changes weren’t too bad considering my play style and gear. CoF1 wasn’t a problem tonight but elitists might not like the changes. Too bad for them, if they still want their Time Warp and GS5 knockback, and a bit of speed from Focus 4.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

Mesmers and rangers are super kitten ed off right now. Who knows if they’re going to go through with it, but people are talking about leaving Guild Wars 2 over this.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I’d probably say Warriors got the biggest boosts overall. Cleansing Ire with Burst Mastery seems like it’d be insanely nasty. Don’t know who’s on top of the pile, now, though.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Here is your answer for most in this forum. “Every class but my (insert profession here). It got nerfed into the ground.”

This one is actually really true for the Ranger class, one that nobody can deny. An across the board nerf of our pets normal damage, at the worst being 50% of the damage nerfed. Since pets are 30-40% of a Ranger’s damage output, that’s a 15-20% nerf to a Ranger’s overall damage. No other class this patch can say they got hit that hard, NONE.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

Not too keen on my Mesmer.. what exactly did they get nerfed that was so bad?

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Mesmers and rangers are super kitten ed off right now. Who knows if they’re going to go through with it, but people are talking about leaving Guild Wars 2 over this.

People talk about leaving GW2 with every patch/update. They could change the color of a tree in the middle of nowhere on some map and people would start talking about leaving GW2.

The Burninator

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

what about guardian, mesmer, engineer, necro?

Engineer has had some shuffling and bug fixes. The only direct buff we’ve received is the grandmaster trait for pistol/rifle damage on enemies with conditions, the more conditions the better the shot damage from these weapons.

IMO it would have been much better to not limit which weapons received this damage to just 2. ( I think the TK,BK,EG,FT would have all benefited from this bonus especially considering we’re dependant on conditions much more so then most classes). Or at the very least gave engis a torment like enhancement to the condition builds.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: MakersMark.8420

MakersMark.8420

I find it odd that the clear winner for across the board strongest profession got buffed even more – Guardian.

It’s like Anet wants us all to play guardians, in every part of the game.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

I’d probably say Warriors got the biggest boosts overall. Cleansing Ire with Burst Mastery seems like it’d be insanely nasty. Don’t know who’s on top of the pile, now, though.

Got to be kidding me. I run zerk GS and that build was nerfed partially. I also run my war in wvw as tanky hammer and until Cleansing Ire removes conditions before you land its not a big buff. Necros clearly got the love this patch.

Posted by: havoc.6814

havoc.6814

Lol? Cleansing Ire is worthless. Since it removes conditions on adrenaline usage, it gets prevented by the very conditions it is supposed to remove. Try landing that Eviscerate when you are blinded, crippled, or chilled.

Posted by: Tyops.5894

Tyops.5894

Lol? Cleansing Ire is worthless. Since it removes conditions on adrenaline usage, it gets prevented by the very conditions it is supposed to remove. Try landing that Eviscerate when you are blinded, crippled, or chilled.

At least it’s not an outright nerf

NSP Why bother?….

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Longbowwwwwwww.
Longbowwwww!

(i’m not a warrior so i can’t really pick this stuff apart)

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Rangers are even less worth playing after this patch, i’m not surprised players are saying they are leaving, Rangers have had the short end of the stick since the game opened (next to Engineers) now its even worse, why would you continue to play in a game that does this to your characters, best to move on imo..

The clear winner buffs wise is Necro, but they’ve also needed improving since the game opened..

I just don’t understand Anet with Rangers and Engi, do they not want anyone to play those professions, and these Pet nerfs why in PvE would they need these stupid nerfs..

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

It seems necro was clear winner but engineer also got a great patch in the form of improved utilities and movement speed and lots of traits that mitigate burst damage to the point where you can make a build without stunbreakers and still be viable. I really dont understand why many other engies cant see beyond the few small nerfs and look at all the improvements we got today.

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

In my opinion the thief got absolutely destroyed, or at least the shortbow focused build I played. So now I’ve completely given up on the profession; shortbow and hope for traps was really the last thing holding me to it.

On the other hand the engineer got a surprising amount of buffs. The flamethrower actually feels viable now, and the new Rocket Boots are a thing of beauty (too bad they’re going to be nerfed in the next patch…), so I’m feeling pretty good about that profession.

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Buffs to Elems appear impressive. But most buffs Staff skills, which was only usable in a few situations. D/D elems didn’t get anything and that is >80% of the community. Buffs to specter and focus were much needed too.

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

Buffs to Elems appear impressive. But most buffs Staff skills, which was only usable in a few situations. D/D elems didn’t get anything and that is >80% of the community. Buffs to specter and focus were much needed too.

That was the point. This patch was about creating more viable builds for classes, not improving existing and popular ones.

Posted by: Ormiga.6183

Ormiga.6183

That may have been the point. Most of the community runs D/D. With some staff buffs maybe we might see some interesting staff builds coming up.

Posted by: Ormiga.6183

Ormiga.6183

Haha looks like Arkham beat me to it

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

That’s the point of the re-balance patch, even if the patch isn’t completely successful. The point was to increase build diversity while also making professions that have been deemed under-powered more viable.

For elementalist, I think they did a pretty good job, but I hope/expect more changes for balance and build diversity for all professions moving forward.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I feel torn since I have many alt’s from multiple professions

Happy for my Staff Ele! She’s the one I mostly use in WvW.

The stand out of this patch is to my Ranger. Which I just bought a gem card to get Krytan armor. Spent a bunch of gold on rare dyes, armor, and trinkets. Figured she was all set to rock, now then this.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

That was the point. This patch was about creating more viable builds for classes, not improving existing and popular ones.

Well it failed at that in particular for mesmers.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The patch seemed to accomplish what it was supposed to for Guardian, ele and necro. Multiple viable builds brought to a decent level.

Mesmer, thief and ranger however must of had a different balance team because it did the exact opposite. They managed to pigeonhole those 3 classes even further into a single build that they are forcing everyone to play. Shatter build for mesmer, D/P or D/D crit build for thief and longbow with no pet for ranger. It seems ranger got the worst of it though.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I play every profession except thief and ele (I have them but not at max level). Necros and Eles were the big winners, followed closely by guardian. The only profession that did “badly” (and it’s not particularly a problem for me, but a lot of people are moaning about it) is the ranger class, which is one of my four mains. I played my ranger today and didn’t see much of a difference to be honest.

Posted by: animalmom.1062

animalmom.1062

“Which Class most benefited from patch?”

Other than necro?

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Not ranger, that’s for sure.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

as per title…i dont know who to start playing

so you will only play the class that has the most advantage not the class you like go figure !

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

The patch seemed to accomplish what it was supposed to for Guardian, ele and necro. Multiple viable builds brought to a decent level.

Mesmer, thief and ranger however must of had a different balance team because it did the exact opposite. They managed to pigeonhole those 3 classes even further into a single build that they are forcing everyone to play. Shatter build for mesmer, D/P or D/D crit build for thief and longbow with no pet for ranger. It seems ranger got the worst of it though.

I have to disagree here…
I think power ranger has a really good potential now, you can buff your pet with so much might that you dont need all those points in BM. And Longbow got some nice changes.
Thief got some nice possibilities too. The CD reduction on steal, coupled with the changes in blinds and weakness opens up really good opportunities for other builds. (mug heal on low CD!)

Posted by: Torpian.9142

Torpian.9142

Ranger is now the overpowered class – someone needs to nerf them ASAP!

Wardens of Myth, Tarnished Coast

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Necro and Ele the most.
War, Guard, Engi, Thief got some nice buffup here and there.

Mes and Ranger gets the nerfs (again).

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

There was a storm at the mesmer’s boards because of phantasms, but I think it was a bit of an over-reaction. Phantasm mesmers were overall nerfed (and they needed to be nerfed), but phantasms in general had a large base HP boost, to the point that phantasms actually survive pve far more often. This, to me, is quite the compensation for the illusions’ minor trait nerf. That beind said, anet made a mistake in not nerfing shatter mesmers as well. If they wanted to make more viable mesmer builds, they needed to tone down both of their top builds, not just one of them and leave the other overpowered.

Elementalists have gotten very nice buffs. There’s so many more viable options now, especially for air traits, for the staff, for the scepter and for arcane builds. For fire traits, signet builds, glyph builds and focus skills, however, it’s possible that they were still not enough, but they’re all certainly more appealing now.

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

Ranger:):):):)

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

So.. Rangers got shafted? Haven’t rangers been complaining since day one? Who makes these decisions?

I haven’t really logged in since the first day or two of dragon bash so I don’t know whats going on.

I mainly play thief, necro, warrior, mesmer.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

My engineer got slightly buffed dmg wise in PVE. Support/control is still kitten but that’s because of defiant.

Overall good but not extraordinary. Without a huge warrior nerf, small buffs to engi/necro/ranger are worthless

Stricgly PVE

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

So.. Rangers got shafted? Haven’t rangers been complaining since day one? Who makes these decisions?

I haven’t really logged in since the first day or two of dragon bash so I don’t know whats going on.

They halved the normal damage of our pets by at most 50%. Since our overall damage output relies on the pet for 30-40% of it, you can see what they did…and this is happening to a class that was already not really wanted in dungeons and was kinda subpar in WvW.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: kelman.9451

kelman.9451

Personally I like the patch using my bow focused ranger, pets in WvW were borderline useless anyways, so the increase in bow damage is great.

Posted by: cuasilk.6927

cuasilk.6927

They halved the normal damage of our pets by at most 50%. Since our overall damage output relies on the pet for 30-40% of it, you can see what they did…and this is happening to a class that was already not really wanted in dungeons and was kinda subpar in WvW.

I main a ranger and the changes have been bad but, which pet’s damage has been reduced by 50%? Because I can see a 50% percent damage reduction in a jaguar skill with 20 second CD, reducing a lot its burst, but not so much the DPS.

I agree we are bad in WvW and dungeons and this patch is only making it worst, but spreading misinformation won’t help.