Which Crafting Art Makes the Most Income?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rod.3087

Rod.3087

Hi, I’m new to GW2 coming from WoW and wanted to know which crafting art provides the most in-game gold/income here for the least amount of effort. Or, does crafting here even provide any gold source (I know in some games crafting is purely for the individual’s benefits but doesn’t provide gold income)?

Thanks!

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

There’s no income in crafting! -Tom Hanks, a league of their own.

Sadly true. Maybe cooking might break even but the price of mats generally keeps crafting from having profit. It’s more profitable to sell materials.

Little red Lioka

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Since there are set recipes and untold numbers of people at max crafting for each profession, there isn’t any that makes gold with little effort. They will all involve searching out items that are selling for a profit and moving on when they stop.

Many people use the mystic forge to craft for profit by using their skill points, either by making expensive weapons or promoting mats.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Due to the nature of the game’s economy, different crafting skills are more or less profitable at different times.

Cooking and Artificing have some of the most stable incomes due to the fact that they output a lot of the game’s consumable items.

The weapon and armor crafting skills change regularly (and sometimes drastically) based on patches or player behavior shifts.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

You really aren’t going to make much by crafting, most items sell for a loss or just selling the raw material net’s more. I’m level 500/400 in all areas, it takes a lot of work and some luck to make money crafting!

WARNING!!! double check the item price on the in-game trading post before crafting something listed on gw2spidy.com or gw2tp.net the market price for items can change quickly. Also just because something is listed at a high price doesn’t mean it will sell anytime soon!!!

Checkout – the following web sites for item prices.

https://www.gw2spidy.com/

http://gw2tp.net/

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

In this game, crafting is to provide items on the market, not to make a profit. Most of the gear in the game comes from people who craft it in order to reach the maximum level of crafting so that they can make exclusive account bound items.

If you want to profit in this game, then you just play the game itself. Run around, collect all resource nodes, kill all mobs for loot, kill champions for boxes, run through dynamic events for end chests and do meta-events (like Silverwastes).

It sounds strange if you come from another MMO, but it makes sense. This is one of the few games designed to turn a profit through normal play. What I mean is in most games you lose money by playing (repairs, etc.).

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Since there are set recipes and untold numbers of people at max crafting for each profession, there isn’t any that makes gold with little effort. They will all involve searching out items that are selling for a profit and moving on when they stop.

Many people use the mystic forge to craft for profit by using their skill points, either by making expensive weapons or promoting mats.

I’ve also found that sometimes crafting components can sell for decent prices. (i.e. Insignias, Inscriptions.)
Sometimes when people are leveling up their crafting will just buy the parts they need, instead of the mats and doing it themselves.

A little bit of research at GW2spidy.com might help point you in the right direction if you are looking to craft for money.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”