Which Dragon would you like next?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mondy of War.8964

Mondy of War.8964

The general consensus amongst the fanbase is that each paid expansion will feature one of the remaining Elder Dragons as the final boss of the story quests. On that basis, which of the Dragons would you like to verse next?

Personally, having seen his Destroyer underlings, I reckon Primordus could be made into a pretty epic boss battle by ANet, to make up for the disgrace that was Zhaitan.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Kralkatorik will be next due to Arah Exp mode spoilers.

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

I hope we will be fighting 2 EDs at once, playing their forces against each other to bring them down. They are not necessarily on the same team as far as we know. As for which ones, I don’t really care, as long as there is more information and lore about the world of Tyria(the planet, not the continent)

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

i think Primordus will be next as he is going to awaken 1120 AE, note think they haven’t released any official info on this as far as i know.

Posted by: Redamz.5038

Redamz.5038

Jormag has a lot of minions running around plus the Claw. They only need to add some zones above frostgorge for him.
Kralkatorik sheer size might be a problem, it’s still probably for him to be the second. But if I’m not mistaking his defeat would unlock Elona, right? Not sure if they are going to do that so soon.
Bubbles is my 3rd option. After the defeat of Zaithan his area is accessible. But again, his defeat would unlock Cantha and we don’t know much about him either.
I don’t see Primordius being attacked any time soon. He is the closest dragon, but also the least menacing with the dwarves keeping him at bay.

Posted by: Redamz.5038

Redamz.5038

i think Primordus will be next as he is going to awaken 1120 AE, note think they haven’t released any official info on this as far as i know.

They are all already awake. In fact Zhaitan was the last one to awake if I remember correctly.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

my guess is
Jormag is most likely the next one.
Primordus is probably after Jormag.
Kralkattorik will be saved for last, because of the whole Revenge thing for Destiny’s Edge.

that leaves us with “Bubbles” the underwater dragon but you must know that the vast majority of npc’s dont know about or even care about the underwater dragon so the fate of this one is widely speculated.

and then we have the rather spoiler alert, possible 6th dragon, i wont go into too many details but if you pay attention to the Infinity Coil & Crucible of Eternity you will of learnt about it, it’s name is something alone the lines of Mordramoth.

if your wondering how i got the name, Subject Alpha in CoE has multiple attacks that are all named after an Elder Dragon his Earth attack is the one to look out for, tho i may have the spellin wrong but you can easily check if you fight him and parse through your combat log.

Posted by: StormcrowX.9236

StormcrowX.9236

Deep sea dragon, so that i can visit more quaggan cities/villages.

You are not one of their “most dedicated players”. Don’t worry, neither am I apparently.
-NaughtyProwler.8653

Posted by: Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Alexander Dragonfang.1759

I think Kralkatorrik will be next.

Destiny`s edge want revenge and now that you help them to get together again, they will go and avenge snarff and glint.

Then Deep Sea Dragon (hope a real name be chosen soon) will be next to reestablish trade rutes from tyria to cantha and the battle isles.

Then jormag will be the enemy to defeat, remember that the history needs a champion capable of shatter the fang of the ancient dragon…

Finally but not least, Primordius, he destroyed the dawrf and he is secretly raising an army in the underground of tyria, he will awake destroying divinity`s reach and we all will have to face him.

And when we think we are done, new regions of the world of tyria will be revealed, more ancient dragons will appear and a new guild wars will be incoming.

I predict we will face a new dragon each 1.5-2 years. So, at most 8 years of ancient dragon struggle for us.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/4689/2245848-r40p6_super.jpg

The massive amount of content of GW1 and 2 are just that small compared to the real size of the world, very much how middle earth is but a dot next to all Aria planet (LOTR). So imagine the possibilities, how much content can be added to a world like this. And as a fantasy cartographer myself, i can tell you one thing for sure, no-one does full world maps without fill them

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

the actual name of the underwater dragon is bubbles?? :O

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

Zhaitan was suppose to be massive too. Don’t expect to see a Dragon too much bigger than Zhaitan.

AmateurNet

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

I would actually prefer a different nemesis. The dragons are so flat storywise. Give me a creative villain and storyline!!

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

the actual name of the underwater dragon is bubbles?? :O

No, lol, just his current nickname.

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Some spoilers

Zhaitan was massive, Nihilus.

Do not watch the following video unless you’ve beaten the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A0WJF9PjCg

Zhaitan is at least 4 times bigger than those dragons (each on the same as Tequatl). Each of those dragons was huge, and Zhaitan dwarfs them all. Literally, when his tails are shot off, they fall off and they’re far longer than his lieutenants, and that’s before we even get to his body. His wings alone are larger than the other dragons.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Kralkatorik will the last one to come out. Seems he’s the super big bad that makes the others look feeble in comparrison. I mean, Glint’s afraid of him.

I’m thinking Jormag will be next.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

Falcor… The long forgotten Luck Dragon. How can you win when this dragon uses luck hax to pwn? Answer: you can’t.

Posted by: Smackjack.5071

Smackjack.5071

Jormag has a lot of minions running around plus the Claw. They only need to add some zones above frostgorge for him.
Kralkatorik sheer size might be a problem, it’s still probably for him to be the second. But if I’m not mistaking his defeat would unlock Elona, right? Not sure if they are going to do that so soon.
Bubbles is my 3rd option. After the defeat of Zaithan his area is accessible. But again, his defeat would unlock Cantha and we don’t know much about him either.
I don’t see Primordius being attacked any time soon. He is the closest dragon, but also the least menacing with the dwarves keeping him at bay.

I doubt that the ‘defeat’ of a dragon has to mean that a certain area will have to be unlocked. It will be quite simple to device a reason why this would not be the case even after defeating the dragon. Take bubbles for instance , you defeat him but instead of dying you simple make him retreat from the encounter and so canta will remain off limits. But you still got to fight him.

That was just of the top of my head and i am sure gw2 writers can come up with better schemes around issues like this.

Posted by: Sonvil.3670

Sonvil.3670

Deathwing.

It’s like fantasy games nowadays have 2 types of Villains, undead kings and dragons. I do hope they conjure something a bit more interesting next time.

(edited by Sonvil.3670)

Posted by: Winchestur.6513

Winchestur.6513

I think Primordous next would be cool but I definitely agree that Kralkatorik should be last. It will serve to redeem Destiny’s Edge (Logan in particular) and will avenge Snaff.

Any plan that involves raptors is by design foolproof.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I want to kill that water dragon that’s stopping travels overseas so I can go to my homeland, Cantha

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

Jormag I prefer to go to Kodan, the norn, and Quaggans their native territories!

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I want to kill that water dragon that’s stopping travels overseas so I can go to my homeland, Cantha

With the return on Cantha somehow Shiro’s soul possesses a dragon and wrecks havok. .-.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

Some spoilers

Zhaitan was massive, Nihilus.

Do not watch the following video unless you’ve beaten the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A0WJF9PjCg

Zhaitan is at least 4 times bigger than those dragons (each on the same as Tequatl). Each of those dragons was huge, and Zhaitan dwarfs them all. Literally, when his tails are shot off, they fall off and they’re far longer than his lieutenants, and that’s before we even get to his body. His wings alone are larger than the other dragons.

Im afraid not. Those Dragons in the sky with him look like smaller models of Tequatl.

AmateurNet

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Deathwing.

It’s like fantasy games nowadays have 2 types of Villains, undead kings and dragons. I do hope they conjure something a bit more interesting next time.

I hope you realise the whole idea of Elder Dragons came up in 2007, possibly as early as 2004? Making a switch now to “something a bit more interesting” would be very weird, to say the least.

Im afraid not. Those Dragons in the sky with him look like smaller models of Tequatl.

They only look small because they’re so far away. They’re actually the same size if you compare their size to the that of the airships.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Actually this is pretty much a given. Following just follow from the game:

1/ Jormag is the most developed dragon currently so he’s first
2/ Primordus is the #1 dragon so he’s last in any case.
3/ Kralkatorrik is second expansion most likely. Most likely Jormag expansion will open up some Crystal Desert areas at the same time
4/ which leaves bubbles for expansion 3.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Eugenics.6953

Eugenics.6953

What about Puff the magic dragon?
Battle music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wik2uc69WbU

Posted by: computertrucker.4635

computertrucker.4635

Nagafen or Lady Vox would be epic

Posted by: kiranslee.4829

kiranslee.4829

None. I wish for current dragons to get some AI, and good one. Why go with New content when current is not fun.

Arius.7031

Nihilius, try to look at their size relative to the airship. Remember that airship on the ground in the pact HQ (I’ll put an SS in). The airships are much larger than they appear to be. Each of those dragons is larger than the airships. This airship is massive, and Teqatl compared directly to this airship is about right relatively compared to the dragons in the sky versus the airships in the sky.

Now, I’m also going to put a photo up of a dragon flying around one of those airships in the sky.

Watch in the background as the dragons fly around these airships. You’ll notice they’re the same in scale compared to those airships as we saw them from down below—because they reused the same skins/animations for the background again (it saves them time).

Now, compare Zhaitain to those dragons as he flies by them. You’ll notice, one dragon from its left wing to its right wing isn’t as large as one of Zhaitan’s wings. Then there’s his body and then the other wing. Then, how long is Zhaitan prior to losing his multiple tails? His whole body’s length is about 4-5 times longer than that of the other dragons.

Zhaitain is truly massive. People can’t appreciate that for multiple reasons.

Attachments:

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Santa Dragon for xmas event.

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

What about Puff the magic dragon?
Battle music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wik2uc69WbU

Oh don’t, that song always brings a little tear to my eye. I used to weep buckets whenever I heard it as a kid

Posted by: Stobor.8041

Stobor.8041

paid expansion

What ? From what i heard all the expansions will be free.

Arius.7031

Stobor, I don’t think they’ve commented on what all expansions will be. I very much doubt they’ll all be free. But, in fact, they will be adding free content even if they do paid expansions.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I’m hoping for Kralkatorrik next to open up Elona (in fact I think they will open up Elona to let us attack Kralkatorrik from there to allow some three way fight between us, the dragon and Palawa Joko) so that we can get playable Forgotten, my second most wanted playable race after Skritt.

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

my 2 favorite are tiamat and bahamut

Attachments: