Which Heavy Armor Profession to Play?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lytro.9305

Lytro.9305

Hello everyone, I’ve been wanting to create a heavy armored character although haven’t been able to decide on which profession to pick. I’ve mostly played as a mesmer, so I’m fairly used to that play style. I’ve dabbled around with the classes in pvp, though it was hard to make a decision then. I enjoyed how quick the revenant and warrior were and it was nice to see how bursty the guardian can get. The guardian was a bit slow though in my opinion. I do enjoy the pve content and would also like to try out some wvw. I was wondering how good are these professions in each mode, maybe a pro and con list would also be helpful. I appreciate the help, thank you.

Posted by: JesusChris.6082

JesusChris.6082

Even though it might seem slow, I would recommend Guardian, esp if you want to try out WvW.

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

The Rev is, or at least was, a PITA to level. You really need the Herald spec to do anything decent with it, unless you have some decent armour / trinkets from the very beginning. It’s great fun to play mind, but the time investment may be daunting.

On the other hand, you can pretty much mash your face on the keyboard with the Warrior and you’ll eventually combo something useful. The Warrior is hugely customizable, as it doesn’t use “kits” for the utility bar like some of the other classes (The Revenant’s “kits” would be its legends, for example). You can also equip every weapon in the game except the crap ones, which you wouldn’t want to bother with anyway.

The Guardian is indeed slow, much like its playerbase in fact.

Tl;dr: Go Warrior and have a blast, unless you are a masochist (Revenant) or wonder if life is like a box of chocolates (Guardian).

Posted by: Fifth.8169

Fifth.8169

all of them. /close thread plz

Posted by: Lytro.9305

Lytro.9305

Thanks nosleepdemon, that helps a lot. When it comes to end game content like raids, would the rev be as useful as the warrior? I’ve heard a lot saying that rev is essentially useless when it comes to the end game.

Posted by: TheMightyNewb.6789

TheMightyNewb.6789

Yes revs aren’t really that popular in raids right now.They are only really taken on a few bosses if that. Ps warriors are always wanted. i would recommend warrior if you wanted to get into raids. But who knows next week abet could buff the bananas out of revs then everyone would want one. But as of right now I recommend warrior.

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

I don’t raid, and I wouldn’t call Tier 3 fractals end game content, which is where I’m at. My Rev does fine, but the Warrior has Phalanx Strength which basically secures its place amongst the core pve party composition imo.