Which Specialization is most like a Shaman?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zen.9137

Zen.9137

Hello! Long time player, currently on break from game, planning on coming back soon for New Expansion. I now know that NOTHING will ever compare to my beloved Ritualist class from GW1. I tried to fill the void with the Engineer, thinking the turrets would emulate the spirit play the Ritualist class perfected but that was a bust. Tried Ranger for it’s nature spirits and that was okay I guess. The Druid was a little bit better because Shaman = Healer in my mind. The Revenant kind of let me down, because I love the aesthetics, the blidfolds, and the “channeling” of ancient heroes, ALL of which is very shamanic, but I didn’t quite like it being a Heavy Armor class. So now with the new elite specializations coming, I’m wondering if I should try the Soulbeast. Becoming one with your pet’s spirit and all that. What do you think?

Bad Was Heizenberg / Sylvari Engineer / Ehmry Bay

Posted by: Tzozef.9841

Tzozef.9841

Definitely try the Scourge elite spec for the Necromancer.

It’s pretty much closest thing to copy paste Ritualist in a GW2 version landscape in functionality.

It just takes a different name, theme, and motivation.

Posted by: Zen.9137

Zen.9137

Oh wow really? Let me check that out immediately!

Bad Was Heizenberg / Sylvari Engineer / Ehmry Bay

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Having never played GW1 but from listening to your description of the Ritualist, I’d recommend 2.

Scourge, because you summon “sand ghosts” that then trigger various effects like conditions, heals for allies and “Barrier” which is an HP shield that deteriorates over time. It can be seen as a support type.

Renegade also summons “ghosts” of Charr that heal and buff allies or attacks foes. You also have the bow which summons arrows from portals and stuff. These ghosts are actual figures whereas the “sand ghosts” are amorphous with the shadow of a face on it.

I believe that both need a lot of tuning (or that’s what I’ve heard from the Necro and Rev community) and it’s very likely Scourge will receive some nerfs and Rev some buffs so that may prioritize what you try first.

I’d ultimately recommend both as it’s always cool to have alternate playstyles that feel very different to mix things up.

Posted by: Sojourner.4621

Sojourner.4621

Having never played GW1 but from listening to your description of the Ritualist, I’d recommend 2.

Scourge, because you summon “sand ghosts” that then trigger various effects like conditions, heals for allies and “Barrier” which is an HP shield that deteriorates over time. It can be seen as a support type.

Renegade also summons “ghosts” of Charr that heal and buff allies or attacks foes. You also have the bow which summons arrows from portals and stuff. These ghosts are actual figures whereas the “sand ghosts” are amorphous with the shadow of a face on it.

I believe that both need a lot of tuning (or that’s what I’ve heard from the Necro and Rev community) and it’s very likely Scourge will receive some nerfs and Rev some buffs so that may prioritize what you try first.

I’d ultimately recommend both as it’s always cool to have alternate playstyles that feel very different to mix things up.

It is notable that the summons from Revenant’s “Renegade” spec behave very similarly to some Ritualist binding rituals (Many of the binding rituals were not attackers but rather stationary player buffers, like making your attacks steal health while in range.)

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

What Leo said.

If Revenant being a heavy armor class bothers you, there is always the option of snagging an outfit from the gem store like the Monk robes.

Likewise, Soulbeast might be an option for fun play if you enjoy collecting pets for your unified skills and such, but I sort of think Scourge is the closest thing to old Ritualistic we have, especially my old Rt/N.