Which World Bosses are worth doing every day?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Showbiz.9725

Showbiz.9725

The last few days I’ve been doing all the world bosses but it takes around 3 hours including downtime.

I’m curious which World Bosses are the best to do every day? Wouldn’t it actually be better to do Silverwastes instead of doing World Bosses at all? I feel like 3 hours spent in SW vs 3 hours doing world bosses would result in a lot more profit if you do SW. I’m kind of curious why there seem to be so many people that try and do every single world boss every day. I must be missing something?

Also, which world bosses can drop Ascended and Exotic gear?

Thanks

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Teq occasionally drops ascended stuff. It is where the longbow my ranger loves taking to the SW came from.

Posted by: Katre.1084

Katre.1084

Silverwastes are a much better way to make gold than WB by far, IMO. The only world boss that I do at reset is Teq, as I want the ascended weapon from Teq’s horde. I always feel sorry for the people I see doing the WB circuit.

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

The ones I usually skip are Jorgam and triple wurm. I find the Jormag event long and boring. With Triple wurm the chance to fail is pretty high.

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

From a money perspective it’s better to farm SW or do dungeons. I’d say the only world boss worth doing is Tequatl.

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

I tend to go Karka to Tequatl

takes about 1:10 to 1:15 Depending on how quickly teq gets taken down, and has the highest concentration of loot on the boss trail.

http://dulfy.net/2014/04/23/event-timer/

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

For my 80’s, I do all the Dragon Champs and Karka Queen
For characters I am leveling, I do the starter area bosses and get the others as they level.

Its like taking off the training wheels.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

With World Bosses, it’s easier to check out and do it automatically, if I just want to chill and watch/read something or chat at the same time, or between fights. The payout for Silverwastes is higher, but so is the involvement. I’m rarely doing world bosses and not doing something else at the same time. I think that’s a fine balance.

I usually do Tequatl, and if I feel like doing more bosses, whatever’s available. I usually skip Claw of Jormag, though, because it’s just so long and not particularly fun. Same with Shatterer, who is shorter, but even less interesting.

They only one that’ll get me to stay a little longer when I’m about to quit is Karka Queen, because the time:payout is so high, especially if you do a little gathering while you’re in Southsun Cove.

(I don’t even count Triple Trouble in the same league as the others, since the failure chance is so high without serious organization.)

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

Tequatl, because you can never have too many spoons. Also, wavejumping and being launched into the air are endlessly entertaining for me.

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

It’s good to mix things up and do World Bosses every once in a while.

Teq is pretty much the go-to one to do. Head into the map 30min. before and farm plat/hard wood till it’s go time. You can get the ground chest 1x per day per character you do it with. So yeah, lots of opportunities for ascended gear plus the 1 gold the ground chest gives.

Other than that, Jormag is okay to do. The pre-events with the ice crystals have a chance to spawn champs w/champ boxes. And phase 2 has champs crawling all over the place if you watch the ledges. The longer phase 2 lasts the more champs can spawn. Some are fake but you learn fast which ones to ignore.

All told the Jormag fight can get you ~10 champ boxes depending how long phase 2 lasts. Also some good nodes to be had around the area ori/ancient wood/snow truffles. Plus a champ troll who spawns nearby that people like to kill.

Sometimes it’s not the WB itself but getting to know the area and what events/champs/nodes there are to be had. Like it’s really easy to grab a ton of nodes if you zone in 10 min. before Karka Queen spawns. So don’t think you have to only go to an area for the WB and then leave.

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

Its not JUST killing the WB. People do the WB train because they are also working on other things like map completion, farming champs, farming nodes, watching television, doing homework, making dinner, waiting for DR to end, helping guildies, etc., etc., etc.

The WB train is great when you got lots going on as you can jump on and off as you like…..low investment of attention required.

This statement: “Why do [insert anything] when you can make more money in SW”, is exactly why I am one of those players that would like to see a better balance of rewards in the game.

(edited by Silvatar.5379)

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

I’d say Teq, maybe Karka Queen, and whatever’s on Daily.

Posted by: Sizer.3987

Sizer.3987

Il do SB > karka > golem > shaman, take a 30 min break (or do jornag, but thats the worst one so i skip it), then teq. Adds up to about an hour and ~5-6g, plus what you get from gathering while waiting for them to spawn (can be another 1-2g easily), and dont forget that .0001% chance for a ascended weapon chest from teq!

Not the most money you can make but its way more relaxing than dungeons or SW.

80 Mesmer – Yaks Bend

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Why is Silverwastes better? What do you do there to earn gold?

Showbiz.9725

Hey guys, someone on here said they run Teq and other bosses on more than 1 character? I thought you can only really benefit from killing a World Boss with 1 character per account?

Posted by: MegumiAzusa.2918

MegumiAzusa.2918

Legends tell us (one dev stated that quite a while back) that World Boss chests have the highest chance to drop a precursor.

@Angelica Dream Sell the T6 mats you get. You’ll easily get 10g/h (though it’s recommended to stay longer as the drops get better with defeating VW, so before doing that you’ll probably get less… you could also do map hopping if you find the right taxis)

@Showbiz: You can open the chest at the end with each character once per day. But you only receive the daily ui chest once per account.

(edited by MegumiAzusa.2918)

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I’m kinda burnt out on the Silverwastes. I ran then for a few weeks after coming back to the game, but once you have the basics down it’s kinda a lot of effort forn very little novelty. The world bosses aren’t exactly the most engaging content, of course, but at least they vary a bit more between themselves, and they’re not as tricky to do. Silverwastes has better time/gold ratios, but world bosses have better effort/gold.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Auralae.7482

Hey guys, someone on here said they run Teq and other bosses on more than 1 character? I thought you can only really benefit from killing a World Boss with 1 character per account?

They were correct. It’s by character and not account.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Usually doing onky Karka and Tequatl, and sometimes the one that happens to be daily, but not if it is Jormag or Megadestroyer. :P

Posted by: McJAC.4739

McJAC.4739

In my opinion, if it is a chore to do it every day then it is not worth doing it at all. World bosses are incredibly unrewarding. Do you really want to stand somewhere for half an hour just for few gold? (and no, getting an ascended chest once in a blue moon doesn’t suddenly make everything worth it…you have to average your rewards over all your runs)

The only one I used to do back in the day was Karka because it was just couple of minutes and I needed the dragonite ore. But now you don’t need dragonite ore, there is so much of it that we have to use eaters. If you really need it you will be doing SW because you’ll get it infinitely faster.

In the end it depends on your other opportunities. If there is anything else that yields good gold and is at least a little bit fun, then nobody will ever see you at any world boss ever (unless you need achievements because everyone knows – achievements > anything).

Do world bosses only if it is fun for you, otherwise you are wasting your day…really. If trading post is not fun for you (much more rewarding than world bosses) then do dungeons or SW….still boring but at least you can waste less time every day because those things are definitely more rewarding than getting 2-3 rares in 15-30 minutes.

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

SW is the best
Teq is the only World Boss Worth doing
TT Wurm if youre in a TTS Guild or happen to stumble upon one of their Taxi’s (they also have a schedule up on their website)

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

The time spent for world bosses r better used for a daily f50 run, or work ur way up to 50. The asc items u could get r needed for salvaging to get the new legendary mat. Its also nice to build up frac relics as fotm is getting updates. It’s more than fine to just do one teq run a day.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Showbiz.9725

Thanks for the info, helped for sure. Glad I’m not the only one who felt they took too long for the rewards…well most of them

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’ve never gotten anything useful from a boss, aside from Ancient Karka (RIP) so none of them tbh. Do them for fun. Pretty much why I do Teq and Wurm when I catch it.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Why is Silverwastes better? What do you do there to earn gold?

Tag events and press f. When you will get some crests and a couple shovels from the events you can buy some keys and look for “chestfarm” silverwastes maps on the lfg. After you join one all you need to do is follow commander tag and press f and use your shovel if zerg is standing in 1 spot for too long. Result is stacks of champ bags, gear boxes and mats.

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

I do WBs mostly for leveling characters, the the loot is nice, but not soo great but it bring a bit of gold…I don’t have the hope to find a precurcor anyway.
I mostly do the ones in lower levels right now, because I’m leveling. Shatterer is kind of boring… that dragon just doesn’t feel epic at all. Behemoth is annoying because it needs so much time and you don’t do much except of closing portals and standing at one spot shooting behe…I kind of like the pres for Frozen maw.
Oh and sometimes looking at all the other PCs in their shiny armor can be nice. I like seeing what other players come up with.

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Tequatl. He dropped a Ascended weapon box for me last month, and now it’s like CANDY, I keep coming back for more.

(edited by Linfang.1087)

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

1) Tequatl, Silverwastes (Breach + Vinewrath) as long as you have use for Bandit Badges

2) 3 Headed Worm, Karka Queen

3) other Dragonchampions, Golem etc

Sorted by
Loot in comparison to invested time

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: NOIP.1208

NOIP.1208

only bosses i say are worth it are teq and karka. TT is only worth it if you get into the right map otherwise its a waste of time. i only touch the other bosses for daily now.

Alvorian (norn ranger)
Guild- JLAI (Dragon Slayers of Zhaitan)
Farshiverpeaks

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

if you are running low on ecto specifically, it’s good to do some of the starter zone world bosses as well. they are fast and will always drop a rare at least, perhaps more, so you will gather ecto quickly. avoid the world bosses in mount maelstrom, as they simply take too long.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There are two components to the world boss rewards, one is once per day per account (small chest in the ui, over the minimap), one is once per day per character (the big chest on the ground). Sometimes there’s also a per-encounter reward (so, one you can get many times on the same char). It’s usually the normal champ box drop from mob (from those that do drop loot), but for teq it takes the form of battery defence rewards (blue, green and yellow dragon chests).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Auralae.7482

There are two components to the world boss rewards, one is once per day per account (small chest in the ui, over the minimap), one is once per day per character (the big chest on the ground). Sometimes there’s also a per-encounter reward (so, one you can get many times on the same char). It’s usually the normal champ box drop from mob (from those that do drop loot), but for teq it takes the form of battery defence rewards (blue, green and yellow dragon chests).

The person I was responding to was asking if you can benefit by doing with another character in a day. Teq = large chest and battery chests for each time you do it on a different character. I stand by my statement.

Edited because I’m incoherent before coffee.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

The only bosses worth doing every day are the ones that you like to do. The same with SW bandit chest train: It only rewards you if you get fun doing it.
Once things gets boring, change to something else.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I normally run to temples if I see ’m active, sometimes ignoring balthazar if nott enough people show up. Lyssa can take quite a while and frustrates players, so if I want to do it is mostly dependent on players or health percentage when I arrive..Also the dragons I find worth doing except the Claw of Jormag.

I also like Karka Queen and occasionally the 2 bosses in mount Mealstrom….

So worth doing:
Temples of Melandru, Grenth, Dwayna
Krakaltorrik, Tequatl, Vine Wrath, Karka Queen

Occasionally
Lyssa and Balthazar, Destroyer, Golem MK II

Because of daily:
Fire Ele, frozen maw, Jungle Wurm, Shadow Behemoth

I tend to ignore Triple trouble and Claw of Jormag ….

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

For me teq is the only “gotta have it” mostly due to gold (2) and Karma (lots) for the first character on your account the one gold and still lots of karma for all the others if you want. The chance of a ascended weapon is not high (have 2 from many hundreds of runs) but they look good.

(edited by Yargesh.4965)

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

The chance of a ascended weapon is not high (have 2 from many hundreds of runs) but they look good.

While obvious personal opinion, I never found that the Teq Hoard weapons look good. They look like every other Ascended weapon just with a black and green color scheme. Tbh all ascended items armor or weapons look bad, like they were rushed.

E: I guess bad isn’t the right word to describe them, generic would be more fitting, like they where suppose to be placeholder models.

(edited by BrooksP.4318)

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I see lots of posts about doing TEQ. For me I rarely do it. I am lucky enough to have an negative RNG outlier account. So it isn’t worth the time or effort just to get wooden spoons and blue/yellows. Ascended drop?? What are those??? lol. I can make much more mining plats with a watchwork pick with my main and alts.

Posted by: Scientia.8924

Scientia.8924

1. Teq for sure. These days going in 10 minutes early is enough
2. Karka Queen if you have nothing else to do

9. FE, Modniir and Golem are barely okay bc of the 2 bonus champ chests (which arent even that good)

Shatterer, Taidha, Shadow Behemoth and Jormag absolutely not worth the time IMO

What if HoT turns out to be the Mordrem Invasion event, x100?

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Without getting too much into the “are world bosses worth it at all” discussion, if you have to pick one of the lower level ones to do, make it the Svanir Shaman/Frozen Maw. It’s the only lower level world boss that will guarantee you two rares instead of one. You’ll get the one bonus rare in the 1/account daily wiggle chest in the corner, but the Svanir Shaman’s open-world chest always has at least one rare in it as well, which makes it more rewarding than Shadow Behemoth. Fire Elemental and Jungle Wurm at least have the extra champ bags.

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

Silverwastes are a much better way to make gold than WB by far, IMO. The only world boss that I do at reset is Teq, as I want the ascended weapon from Teq’s horde. I always feel sorry for the people I see doing the WB circuit.

I always feel sorry for people that think they need to spend hours running laps around the same map, and measure their fun in terms of “gold per hour.”

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Tequatl and Triple Trouble are the only ones that drop ascended. I do world bosses because I like them, and I like being around people. The chat can be fun and you’re earning loot an karma in the process. It’s rare to see people talk in SW- I get bored easily.

My favorites/What I believe to be most profitable:
Teq – 2 gold and chance at ascended or something that sells for a few gold + lots of karma.
Karka Queen – Since it’s in a level 80 area, I walk away with a few T6 after the pre events. If you’d rather have an extra champ bag, do the western pre. Make sure you’re one of the first to start attacking to get an extra champ bag off of her. Chance at one of the karka bows which sells for over 100 gold and the karka shells add up.
Golem Mk II – 2 champ bags at the end. It may just be me, but the inquest at this pre event have given me exotics a few times.
Fire Elemental – 2 champ bags at the end and almost always a third from the Steam Golem after.
Ulgoth – If you do all the pre events, you can walk away with 6 champ bags plus one from Ulgoth himself.
Jormag – 2 champ bags and chance at Jormag’s Claw Fragment (though, I’m starting to believe this item is a myth)!
Jungle Wurm – Chance at 4 champ bags before it spawns, and it’s a quick and easy fight.

I avoid Megadestroyer: I genuinely cannot stand the laziness of people at this one. Pre events are TOO LONG and TOO MANY to do alone, and the reward is so little for the time, so I just don’t go anymore. People always asking “when does mega spawn?” and once I saw “yesterday he didn’t even spawn!” -Probably because everyone was waiting around for someone else to do the work. /end rant

The rest I do if bored, but Shatterer is starting to float in the same boat as Megadestroyer, as far as blatant laziness.

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

karka, jormag, commissar, rhendak, frozen maw, fire elemental, jungle wurm, these are the ones I do daily for the rewards.
commissar and rhendak if you get their special item you’ve instantly got a couple hundred g.

Posted by: Sylum.1806

Sylum.1806

The last few days I’ve been doing all the world bosses but it takes around 3 hours including downtime.

I’m curious which World Bosses are the best to do every day? Wouldn’t it actually be better to do Silverwastes instead of doing World Bosses at all? I feel like 3 hours spent in SW vs 3 hours doing world bosses would result in a lot more profit if you do SW. I’m kind of curious why there seem to be so many people that try and do every single world boss every day. I must be missing something?

Also, which world bosses can drop Ascended and Exotic gear?

Thanks

The answer to your 1st question is:

1st Tequatl kill of the day. Other than that, no other World Boss is worth the effort and time… not anymore. And you can thank ArenaNet for that.

Two reasons:

a.) Megaserver.

Since the game was changed to a Megaserver, some world bosses were put on fixed spawn times, the rest remain the same, triggered within a window, but absolutely no way to track which map instance the boss spawn is on since maps were no longer tied to servers, which meant no API to track which meant no timers to follow.

Before the Megaserver, in the same 3 hours, I could kill up to 18 bosses, and get at least 19 guaranteed Rares by guesting on Blackgate and Dragonbrand/Jade Quarry servers and jumping back and forth between servers to catch bosses using boss timers. It can get so hectic I have to make an educated guess which boss will die first so I can maximize my time and possibly catch all of them. It was exhilarating to say the least!

Frozen Maw
Caledon Great Jungle Wurm
Shadow Behemoth
Fire Elemental
Fire Shaman
Dredge Commissar
Modniir Ulgoth
Golem Mark II
Shatterer
Claw of Jormag
Foulbear Chieftain
Eye of Zhaitan
Megadestroyer
Temple of Lyssa
Temple of Dwayna
Temple of Melandru
Temple of Grenth
Karka Queen

Some clarifications:
Tequatl & Triple Trouble are not in the list because Tequatl wasn’t that easy back then and I had not yet joined TTS. By the time I was regularly killing Tequatl, it was already the Megaserver.

Taidha Covington and Temple of Balthazar were not included because they were incredibly unreliable to get going before the Megaserver. Actually the only bosses that were helped after the Megaserver were Taidha, Megadestroyer because they were so difficult to spawn.

Also, I said at least 19 guaranteed rares. This does not include the Grand Chest at Gates of Arah, which when looted almost always has at least a Rare. I experienced less than 10 times in a year, looting the Grand Chest from Gates of Arah without a single Rare.

Moreover, within these three hours, I can still catch World Bosses I already killed the first time in the day, a 2nd, even 3rd time using another Lv 80 alt and looting the Grand Chest for a chance to get 0-3 Rares.

In fact, considering that all Grand Chests of World Bosses have a chance to drop 0-3 Rares, my daily average for 3 hours of World Boss trains before Megaserver was 30. THIRTY RARES! Try getting the same result from world boss trains now, heck try getting the same results from 3 hours of Silverwastes farming!

Thanks to an inability to track Legacy Bosses (those not added to the fixed schedule) and a fixed spawning time, the Megaserver made world boss trains incredibly time consuming. But the death knell came with the 2nd reason…

b.) Silverwastes

The reason why only the first Tequatl kill of the day is worth the effort is because it is the only world boss that gives you anywhere close to the rewards of catching a 50%-70% prepared SW. A successful Breach + Vinewrath will net you a minimum of 4 Rares guaranteed plus a bunch of champion bags. That is about the same amount of time needed to get into a good Tequatl map and getting the kill.

So, in summary, thanks to the Megaserver and SW, don’t bother with world bosses unless 1.) it’s the first Teq kill of the day and 2.) you can get the Chest of Monstrous Goods daily reward from killing the world boss.

I do Karka Queen, Teq, and Triple Trouble once each day, only for variety and playing with my guild. Considering purely Rewards-versus-Time spent, I would never consider doing them at all. SW is the place to be for maximum value in farming.

To answer your 2nd question:

Some of the responses given earlier are incorrect. Tequatl and Triple Trouble are not the only World Bosses that give Ascended boxes.

The reason why they don’t mention other world bosses do, is because of its incredibly low rates. Consider the following:

I’ve been doing Triple Trouble for only a year, started doing Tequatl about half a year before that, but World Boss trains another year before starting Tequatl. In all this time, I’ve gotten:

From Triple Trouble (Remember, I’ve done this the least): 7 Piles of Regurgitated Armor and 2 Armor Boxes

From Tequatl (Remember, I’ve done this a year after I did daily World Boss trains): 4 Tequatl’s Hoards and 1 Ascended Weapon Box

World Boss Train: 1 Ascended Weapon Box from Shatterer Grand Chest, and 1 Ascended Weapon Box from Golem Mark II Grand Chest (Note: Grand Chest is the one you loot in open world, Bonus Chest is the icon above your minimap that guarantees at least a Rare)

And in case you were thinking only mid-level world bosses dropped them, my friend recently got his first Ascended from a World Boss (also from the Grand Chest, not the Bonus Chest), it was Frozen Maw, a low-level World Boss.

And finally I’ve opened thousands upon thousands of champ bags only ever gotten 1 Zojja’s Weapon Box.

So, all World Boss Grand Chests have a chance for Ascended, they’re just incredibly low, and so do champ bags (so go do more SW, there’s no faster way to get champ bags)

Compare the rates: 365 Triple Trouble kills in a year (actual kills is lower) and I got 9 Ascended boxes. 18 World Bosses x 365 × 2 years (actual kills higher since I farm World Bosses on Alts before Megaserver, which still gives Grand Chests) and only 2 Ascended boxes.

(edited by Sylum.1806)

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

While Teq is my fave probably the one that has the greatest ease vs loot ratio is actually the Shaman or FE. I had to laugh one day (well, 2 days since I think there was a clock reset between them) when I got less loot from Jormag than the Shaman. I do agree the best ratio is probably the SW, especially if you hit the VW and the champ train right after it (I am not sure if technically the VW is considered a boss but rather the conclusion of a meta-event though, no matter how hard it is).

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

a.) Megaserver.

This, all of my this. I used to do every single world boss (excluding balth) starting from reset and ending before midnight, even without guesting, the WB train was nearly nonstop, the zerg didn’t have to stop to do pres, as either me or a couple other people in my server would prepare pres ahead of time, but now the time table makes it impossible to do the same within the same amount of time.

I still do WBs because hey, variety, I never liked the champ train when it was a thing, SW can get as boring if you overdo it.

Posted by: Sylum.1806

Sylum.1806

a.) Megaserver.

This, all of my this. I used to do every single world boss (excluding balth) starting from reset and ending before midnight, even without guesting, the WB train was nearly nonstop, the zerg didn’t have to stop to do pres, as either me or a couple other people in my server would prepare pres ahead of time, but now the time table makes it impossible to do the same within the same amount of time.

I still do WBs because hey, variety, I never liked the champ train when it was a thing, SW can get as boring if you overdo it.

If you jumped between 3 servers, you wouldn’t even need to prepare pre-events, in fact, it was so hectic you had to choose which boss to catch first!