Which ascended trinkets to buy?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Elias.3204

Elias.3204

Ok, I’m finally figuring out how to gear my level 80 engineer and elementalist. I’ve mostly gone berserker exotic stats on armor for both. I enjoy farming silverwastes, bosses, and dungeons for the majority of my gameplay. Though I’ve been feeling a little squishy in both classes with all berserker thus far.

I’m stuck on trinkets. I’ve heard a lot of conflicting information on what stats to grab. Some say to balance out berserker armor and weapons with soldier trinkets. Others have said go full berserker everything. Some have said to go with celestial. Now I’m just lost.

I have quite a bit of karma saved up (several hundred thousand) and about 100 laurels. Gold fluctuates, but I could probably have around 50g pretty easily. I’m doing ok, but I sure don’t want to waste resources on the wrong ascended/pink pieces.

So, which trinkets should I buy? And where do I get them? Rings, accessories, back items. Please help me loadout.

Thanks!

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

It depends a lot of personal preference.
With my ranger I also felt a bit too squishy with full zerk so I got the zerk/valk trinkets, so I sacrificed a bit of precision for vitality.

If you run grenades and/or pistol I suggest celestial trinkets, you’ll end causing lots of conditions even if you don’t want to, so you can get advantage of every stats.

Also, take a look on which runes you are using, you can try to look for a more tanky rune set instead of getting new trinkets.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Unless you hate fractals with a burning passion and just can’t stand them, get your rings from fractals. More rings than you can possibly know what to do with drop there, and if you don’t happen to get lucky and get the drop you want, you can buy the specific ones you want with pristine relics.

It’s way cheaper than blowing laurels on them (so you can use them towards the other trinkets)

You can also lower your laurel costs by buying trinkets in WvW. Even if you don’t play WvW, you likely have some tokens from Achievement chests, likely enough to help buy a trinket or two.

As for stats, people will likely still recommend full zerk anyways because DPS is king.

Celestial is trash on most classes, from what I’m told, but it’s actually very good for Engineer. If you’re using grenadier builds, you might actually want some assassins gear mixed in there to bump your crit to just above 60-ish.

Though, if you want to mix stats, you’re actually probably better off just geting the zerk trinkets and then getting the soldiers ARMOR. You can convert laurels to gold by buying the t6 mat bags and selling the mats, and the non-zerk armors are usually cheaper and easier to buy than most of the trinkets.

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

Trinkets provide more boost, so go berserker trinkets. Armor should be mixed to your comfort/skill level in Soldier’s armor etc., adding more of a desired prefix until you reach that playability limit.
Amulet first (from WvW vendor), then accessories (Guild Vendor), then the rings, WvW vendor or Fractals.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

In case you hadn’t heard, the stats from traits are being removed. Base stats are being adjusted upwards by 74 to 1000 each from 926. Gear (presumably including trinkets) will have their stats adjusted upwards to make something close to the current stat totals. Given the way the announcement was worded, we don’t know how many points will be added to what gear pieces.

What’s likely is that some players who currently uses different stats from traits than from gear might end up wanting to change a few pieces of gear to compensate. Spending whatever resources you might choose to spend now for trinkets might leave you wanting to spend again to change your stats up when these changes hit later this year (the trait changes are promised to hit “sometime before HoT releases”). If it were me, I’d slot some green trinkets now and wait.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Celestial is trash on most classes, from what I’m told, but it’s actually very good for Engineer. If you’re using grenadier builds, you might actually want some assassins gear mixed in there to bump your crit to just above 60-ish.

It’s quite awesome on elementalist actually.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

There is 2 ways to approach this:

A.)
-> get berserker trinkets (or assassins) for maximum damage
-> mix and match armor and weapons to your liking
+ trinkets have the highest stats and you’ll be set
- armor and weapons are expensive

B.)
-> get 1 set or armor and weapons
-> mix and match trinkets to your liking/build
+ trinkets are by far the easiest to aquire and dirt cheap compared to armor/weapons
- you’ll have to work through some serious time gates due to laurels and guild commendation availability

I’d suggest going for B, but both approaches are viable. Try to get accessoires via guild commendations since Laurels are very expensive, rings via pristine fractal relics, amulet has to be laurels. Make sure to check the WvW vendors and see if the item there might be cheaper for some additional WvW token requirement (better spend those than laurels). But don’t get WvW Exotics since you can’t salvage them for their runes and sigils (or be aware of this).

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I use berserker everything. I do have a few assassin pieces on one of my characters as well.