Which class?

Which class?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

This is not just another topic asking which class is the best for certain stuff. NO this is another thing.
I play this game since lauch and since lauch I strogle with this, I can’t play one class without want to play with other. I have 2 lvl 80, one Elementalist and one Guardian, I lie both but everytime just feels like those aren’t the right ones for me. Elementalist because, I like casters, but like more swords than spells, and some in this game look pretty kitten awesome. Guardian because I like both 2h and 1h swords but the 1h sword in the Guardian just sucks, and I would like to try a faster style to play and 2h swords are a bit slow. Right now I’m trying a Thief but can I get a Good thief with Sword/Dagger + Shortbow without stealth? The Thief feels like the fastest class in combat with a survilval based one evasion and stealth, but I would prefer just evasion.
Warriors use 1h swords too, and I’ve seen some build based one it but since I already have an soldier type class I just feel lazy leveling another one.
Can Rangers main 1h sword? Idk anything about Ranger because I allways see people complain that they are the weakest class in the game so not much curiosity on this one.

Can you guys help me?

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

Which class?

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Ranger is not weak, and they would be your best bet to play sword/dagger as an evasion playstyle. They also have some evasion built into their great sword I believe. A thief is pretty much required to use stealth at some point, flanking strike is very brief evasion you would be better off playing death blossom but we all know how terrible that build is. You could play without stealth, but you won’t be as effective in melee.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Which class?

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Rangers can mainhand one handed swords very well, it’s one of their better DPS options, and rangers are actually pretty darn tanky.

HOWEVER going by what you say, I think you may have overlooked mesmers.

You like casters like ele, but you like martial weapons and swords but prefer a faster playstyle than guardian and you like playing evasively. Sounds to me like Mesmer fits the bill:

• Fast playstyle with lots of magical combos and buffs/debuffs
  • Favour fighting in close quarters
  • Uses martial weapons despite being a caster (ie. swords)
  • Huge array of evasion options and handful of stealths
  • Relatively robust, with medium-hitpoint scaling.
The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Which class?

mPascoal.4258

Rangers can mainhand one handed swords very well, it’s one of their better DPS options, and rangers are actually pretty darn tanky.

HOWEVER going by what you say, I think you may have overlooked mesmers.

You like casters like ele, but you like martial weapons and swords but prefer a faster playstyle than guardian and you like playing evasively. Sounds to me like Mesmer fits the bill:

• Fast playstyle with lots of magical combos and buffs/debuffs
  • Favour fighting in close quarters
  • Uses martial weapons despite being a caster (ie. swords)
  • Huge array of evasion options and handful of stealths
  • Relatively robust, with medium-hitpoint scaling.

Hum.. Mesmer ir really the class that I allways had less interest, but I can try it out
As a Thief between swords and dagger i problably still prefer D/D, Idk yet but the second skill of the sword is a bit meh, nice to get to the enemy faster but then you have to get ack to your point, do evade some atacks is quite good but sometimes I kill the guys before that tehn have to go back.

Hum.. Mesmer ir really the class that I allways had less interest, but I can try it out
As a Thief between swords and dagger i problably still prefer D/D, Idk yet but the second skill of the sword is a bit meh, nice to get to the enemy faster but then you have to get ack to your point, do evade some atacks is quite good but sometimes I kill the guys before that tehn have to go back.So for Ranger, Mesmer and Thief, all this 3 class can have build with main 1h sword for PvE and WvW? I’m playing Thief now, it’s fun but let’s se how long it will be fun. Can Mesmers be a bit more tanky than Thief’s?

Which class?

mPascoal.4258

Gotta make it to the top I need answers please

Which class?

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

So for Ranger, Mesmer and Thief, all this 3 class can have build with main 1h sword for PvE and WvW? I’m playing Thief now, it’s fun but let’s se how long it will be fun. Can Mesmers be a bit more tanky than Thief’s?

I can’t speak for thieves as I havn’t played one to any significant level.

Rangers can certainly mainhand swords for PvE quite effectively (it’s one of their best DPS options in fact), and I’ve seen them used in WvW though havn’t tried it myself.

Mesmer’s can certainly mainhand swords in PvE and WvW, being one of their best DPS weapons, and certainly their best mainhand option in the majority of situations. They are also drastically more tanky than thieves having access to a huge number of boons, reactive defences (like chaos armour), distortions and a larger hitpoint pool.

If you havn’t researched it before take a look at some videos

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Which class?

Posted by: kazi.6438

kazi.6438

I can confirm that mesmers + sword are awesome. Especially if you have the fiery dragon sword.

Inir [CAT]