Which class feels the most epic?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: luna.4916

luna.4916

I want to play a class that feels heroic in combat and big WvW situations.

Its a bit of a tough thing to explain in words but.. I was wondering what anyone else thinks about it.

Posted by: Ebs.6280

Ebs.6280

I don’t know about other classes but I feel super epic when I put someones conditions on everyone using Epidepic and then popping Plague Form to see numbers absolutely explode of my screen!

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

When someone says “Epic” or “Heroic” I think of the Warrior even though I’ve never made one myself… yet.
Crazy over the top combat moves and in WvW they are often carrying huge battle banners.

Going melee in WvW usually isn’t smart though.

Benight[Edge]

Posted by: Ebs.6280

Ebs.6280

When someone says “Epic” or “Heroic” I think of the Warrior even though I’ve never made one myself… yet.
Crazy over the top combat moves and in WvW they are often carrying huge battle banners.

Going melee in WvW usually isn’t smart though.

Healing shout warrior is pretty cool aswell, you can still to pretty nice damage with hammer and everyone will think you’re a hero with your heals.

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

I’m starting to like the Warrior. I can really take a beating and it looks and feels real.

Posted by: Cezton.2415

Cezton.2415

Speccing right with a Guardian can have you dealing fair damage while being able to take hits from several others. Often 1v1 my opponent can barely get me below 80%

Guardian has been epic for me. My next is Mesmer judging by what I’ve seen.

(edited by Cezton.2415)

Posted by: Rfreak.6591

Rfreak.6591

I actually think you should choose the class without thinking about “epicness”, just play what you like and it WILL feel epic, the race INSTEAD could get epic depending on what you like, the coolest-tough-guy talking would be the charr obviously, c’mon everything they do they do it with a very-tough-looking cherry on top of their black steaming metal roaring cake.

I use “tough” ’coz the other word would turn to kitten, so charrs are badkittens I guess.

(edited by Rfreak.6591)

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

Axe/shield warrior, heal shout spec for pve is pretty fun, necros “feel” epic yet are underwhelming atm XD

Posted by: atropos.3074

atropos.3074

None of them really. Mesmer or necro probably come the closest.

Posted by: RaoZaoku.5289

RaoZaoku.5289

I thought Necros death shroud was epic.
Just wish they had a scythe weapon.

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Your staff morph into a Scythe when you attack with a Necro.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

Posted by: dimgl.4786

dimgl.4786

I think epicness really depends on the feel you want to have for the game.

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I think the closest thing to epic I’ve experienced is casting meteor shower as an Elementalist. I just love the floating in the air and all the destruction that follows.

Posted by: RaoZaoku.5289

RaoZaoku.5289

A staff is not a scythe.
If you played GW1 you’d know that.

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

Stories more tailored around the professions as well as the race might’ve added more epicness for me… I mean think about it, the atmosphere of the game is the advent of Tyria starting to blend magic and technology. Would’ve been interesting if, for example, the story of Engineers are men/women want to further technology for the good of Tyria which is interesting given the varying cultures; imagine a Slyvari engineer in a society that’s pro-nature or a Norn engineer in the very spiritual Norns. The very idea of technology is almost an affront to their beliefs

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Doesn’t take playing GW1 to know a Staff from a Scythe.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

Warrior seems more physical than any other class so to me that is epic, jumping into the fray and blasting things with the rifle or shield bashing enemies.

Posted by: Kreit.4709

Kreit.4709

Most epic class in WvW is staff elementalist on the wall xD. He brings tons of happiness on enemy’s heads

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

Barring perhaps the thief, I think all professions are capable of some kind of cool role for large-scale combat. (and even then, thief players would probably consider picking people off and living as epic).

So if that’s your concern, you don’t need to worry about it. You can pick whatever you think is cool and still be useful in a group if you build for it.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

I personally feel the most epic with my thief. However, I play PvE exclusively, so I am unsure if they would feel as epic in large-scale WvW.