Which class is most engaging/boring to watch?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

Pretty self explanatory. Which class-in your own humble opinion-do you think is awesome to watch and why? My main is a Mesmer but the way a Thief zips in and out of stealth looks awesome. Especially when they use Black Powder and uses heartseeker to gain stealth.

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

I don’t watch other players much, I am too enamoured of my own awesomeness

Of characters I like the look of while playing, it has to be Mesmer, it just seems so “magical”.

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I was playing my thief in PvP the other day and was whispered by a random spectator, telling me I was “A treat to watch play.”

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

I like the look of the Mesmers powers.

Posted by: Miss Sugarific.8471

Miss Sugarific.8471

For me, I love watching the guardian (cool effects and awesome moves), and the thief for the same reason you said.
My least impressive comes in form of race, not class. And that sadly, is Asura. But if I would answer your question correctly, probably Engineer. Just personal opinion. I’m sure lots of people love the explosions and special effects. It’s just not my thing

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Most engaging: Engineer, Mesmer & Thief
Most boring: Ranger & Warrior

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Most boring: Ranger

Try watching(even playing) a sword Ranger, especially if it´s a skimpy clad female model.
:)

Polish > hype

jweez.7214

Really Egineer? What do you like about it? They put me to sleep!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I like Mesmer aside from GS Mesmers. I can’t stand the sound it makes over and over. It gives me a headache. I do like to watch myself playing d/p thief. I can zip all about a group of mobs and it is fun. A good d/d Elementalist is fun to watch as well.

Warrior and Guardian boring most of the time depending on how the person is playing it.

The Burninator

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Really Egineer? What do you like about it? They put me to sleep!

It depends on the engineer and what skills they use. I guess some are boring but I love watching a good kit swapping engineer that uses gadgets like rocket boots, or rifle rocket jumps, basically engineers that can swap and change tactics on the fly and proc their own combos (healing mist & rocket jump for water field blast for example)

I forgot about sword rangers, good ones are very impressive.

jweez.7214

I like Mesmer aside from GS Mesmers. I can’t stand the sound it makes over and over. It gives me a headache. I do like to watch myself playing d/p thief. I can zip all about a group of mobs and it is fun. A good d/d Elementalist is fun to watch as well.

Warrior and Guardian boring most of the time depending on how the person is playing it.

Somehow-and I am not sure at all how-you get used to it. But anet should change it because I can see people avoiding GS or mesmer all together just because of the sound.

Posted by: Scoompoof.4657

Scoompoof.4657

I think necro is fun to watch. Especially with that new 5 skill in Death Shroud. Marks and minions demand attention and the wells…. Oh god the wells.

I like the flashiness of guardian though.

Seems like warriors are the more bland option. Probably because I see them all the time.

Posted by: Sylentir.8913

Sylentir.8913

I personally think that a well-played Engineer can be the most interesting to watch, with all of their leaps, jumps, and CC’s. However, the most flashy award goes to Mesmer, Guardian, and Elementalist. Probably most boring is a poorly-played engineer and/or a warrior.

Talia Gallowglass [Few] ~ Sylvari Engineer Main
Ferguson’s Crossing

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I have a hard time watching rangers and warriors.

Mostly it is due to their simplistic style of play. Most rangers I know put on zerker gear, then hang back as far away as possible and spam auto attack. Most warriors I know just use 100blades then Axe/Axe auto attack, and maybe frenzy sometimes.

Most entertaining to watch would probably be the Elementalist. Watching them flip attunements to use precise movement skills and control skills seamlessly is mesmerizing. You practically have to slow down the video just to keep track with some of these players.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

If I must pick a class, It would probably be Elementalist. I can’t play one to save my life, but they can be fun to watch others play. But my real answer is ‘any class so long as they’re Asura.’

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

Most boring: Ranger

Try watching(even playing) a sword Ranger, especially if it´s a skimpy clad female model.
:)

You’d enjoy my main.

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

Good warriors are interesting to watch, they have some spectacular abilities and a good mobility. My main is guardian and I think we are more boring to watch than warriors.

Thieves and d/d elementalists are cool to watch.

PvP wise of course. In PvE all are equally boring.

Posted by: citypigeon.6358

citypigeon.6358

I main D/D ele because it looks and feels amazing. Incredible mobility and spamming between 4 visually and mechanically distinct elements. It’s like being the Avatar (from the Last Airbender, if you know what I mean) but with sexy knives.

Ele was my first GW2 character. It was hard getting into the melee professions afterwards because the static nature of melee combat just felt so much slower, so it took me awhile to feel entertained by my thief and guardian.

IGN: zestalyn
zestalyn.tumblr

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I like watching eles get to work – all their skills have awesome effects.

Generally, an Engineer not using interesting kits and skills or a Memser are the most boring to watch for me. Not because of the gameplay (I like to see how everyone chooses to use their skills), just because I find the clones more irritating than interesting as an “effect” for visual purposes, and if the Engineer isn’t using interesting kits then just the constant pew, pew, pew of their guns gets on my nerves.