Which guild missions can I solo?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Which guild commendation awarding activity can be solo’d?

Please don’t give me the “guild missions aren’t supposed to be solo’d” and “that defeats the purpose of such missions”. I know that. I just don’t want/can’t be in an active guild right now. And 40 laurels per accessory for 9 characters is a no-go. That’s insane, especially with the excessive laurel requirements that were introduced through ascended crafting.

So, I’m really only interested in answers as to what is possible. If there are missions that can be 2-manned, I’d also be interested to know.

Many thanks in advance!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

None of them. Seeing as the only one (Bounty) that is unlockable at first require way more than one or two people. And the rest of them can’t be unlocked without completing a couple of Bounties for the Merits to unlock the others.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Buttercup.5871

But what if I had access to all the unlocks already in my old, deserted guild, that has everything unlocked. What mission could I do then?

lordkrall.7241

Possibly the Trek, if you had a guide in front of you and everything unlocked with short loading times and very good knowledge about all possible maps.

But that one doesn’t give Commendations.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Guild rush. You could finish all 15 yourself if it’s an easy one like the spiders.
The problem is the time it takes to go back to the starting line.

Can’t do bounty because you’ll just die in 2 seconds alone.
Can’t do puzzle.
Can’t do challenge.

Buttercup.5871

What if there’s another guild already doing the same guild rush? Can I join in, activate the same guild rush and get commendations?

lordkrall.7241

No, you can’t activate a rush if there already is one going on.
But yes, as Zanshin said, you might be able to do a few of them on your own if you know exactly where to go and are lucky.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Buttercup.5871

You’re supposed to be able to, yes. Don’t know how it works, though. Considering it already bugs even if your guild started the rush and finished all 15.

Thanks, that’s at least one option to explore then.

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

If what you are after is successfully COMPLETE Guild Missions solo, very unlikely. If what you are looking for is just commendations, then it is quite possible,

You can solo Guild Rush, but not all of them. Guild Rush only awards 1 commendation. You do not need to go through 15 times, just once is enough to get commendations(you get commendations for getting to the finish line once per week, not for completing the guild missions. Commendations are awarded individually).

The Quaggan one is soloable, i have done it solo and it’s rather easy if you know what you are doing. I have also soloed the crab one, but that was after multiple frustrating attempts.
There is also the bear one and the chicken one. Much harder though, but not impossible to solo.
The spider one is extremely difficult to solo, i would say near impossible.

You cannot solo Guild Puzzles because some requirements (like activating 5 panels at the same time) are physically impossible for 1 character, just like you cannot solo CoF path1 because 4 people have to stand in the bubbles while someone gets the gate.

It is near impossible to solo most Guild Challenges either.

Guild Bounty depends on which bounty. I believe some like Poobadoo could be soloable, because I have seen people beat Poobadoo with 2 players. Perhaps some others like Trillia could also be soloable, but others like 2-MULT are very unlikely because of the time limit imposed on the bounty. The good part about Guild Bounty is that you do not need to succeed, just kill 1 boss in the list(you get commendations for defeating one/any boss in the bounty list, not for completing the whole list of bounties).

(edited by Turtle Dragon.9241)

Buttercup.5871

If what you are after is successfully COMPLETE Guild Missions solo, very unlikely. If what you are looking for is just commendations, then it is quite possible

Commendations is indeed the only thing I’m interested in, many thanks, I’ll follow your suggestion and try the quaggan.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Dont forget, if you activate one and others are nearby…they can assist you. They will get the normal event rewards (eg karma), but it is an option for targets like Teesa where the map population is usually high.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

“Guild” missions.

“Guild” wars.

But you don’t want to be in a Guild.

To be more helpful, there are plenty of guilds who advertise their missions in LA map chat on reset days. Grab an invite and leave once you’re done. What’s the problem?

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If you’re just looking for commendations and not necessarily finishing the mission, I’d recommend doing the Tier 3 bounties. Your goal would not be to finish the bounty but rather to just kill 1 bounty — you get the commendation for just killing just 1.

Here’s what you do:

1. Pre-scout one of the easier bounties — not Poobadoo.
  2. Activate bounty. You’ll have 6 targets and thus a 56% chance of getting either the bounty you’ve pre-scouted or Poobadoo (the easiest bounty to find as his path is short).
  3. If you get the pre-scouted bounty, fight him and get your commendation.
  4. If you get Poobadoo quickly get to Kessex hills to find him. His path is short so you’ll likely find him within the allotted time.
  5. If you get neither, you’ll just have to pick the bounty on the list that’s easiest to find and hope you can find him/her/it in time.

Note: If you’re not 100% sure on your ability to kill the bounty solo, wait until your pre-scouted bounty is near a WP before activating the mission — that way you can res-rush when you are killed (if WP is too far and bounty resets, then you fail and that bounty respawns randomly on the map).

One more thing: Queue several bounties (I’d say at least 4). That way if you fail, you can just try again in a few minutes — otherwise it gets a bit discouraging to have to wait 12 hours for another shot.

(edited by Lord Kuru.3685)

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

He IS in a guild… with only him.

In any case yeah, the main soloable one is guild rushes. Which really isn’t hard. Just don’t be stingy on your waypointing.

Also, eles have an advantage here. Mine for instance can Swift for 1 minute 10 seconds rapidly – which is carried over when I start a guild rush, allowing me to Swift through the whole thing. If you know the locations of the traps, it’s trivial to complete it 15 times within the limit alone with permaswift. But you don’t even need to make it 15 times. You only need to get there once.

Unless it’s southsun. That one’s a bit of a pain even with permswift.

(edited by Hayashi.3416)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Might want to check https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/guilds/missions first, some guild do public missions, you can just join for the mission and leave. Would be much faster than trying to solo your way through.