Which legendary is your favorite?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

I honestly love the legendary weapons in this game so far, and I hope they add more. I know its a huge grind, but you should never just be handed whatever you want. I really hope they add a greater variety soon with an expansion pack though. I think its kind of a shame how some weapons get serious skins and others get only silly ones. Just variety is always welcome. Always.

Here they are:

The Bifrost
Bolt
Rodgort
The Dreamer
The Flameseeker Prophesies
The Frenzy
Frostfang
Howler
Incinerator
The Juggernaut
Kudzu
Kraitkin
Kamohoali’i Kotaki
Meteorlogicus
The Minstrel
The Moot
The Predator
Quip
Sunrise
Twilight
Eternity

So which is your favorite? and what would you like to see added? What do you dislike about the current selection?

I think they need to make more varieties in what you can get for each weapon type. Anet favors Greatswords too much and it would be nice if shortbow, mace, pistol, and staff users got more serious choices. I’m not one of those fools who say that silly weaponry breaks their “immersion” (I’m sorry, that is dumb. Not everything must be super serious, you have to appeal to a wide variety of people. ). With that said, my favorite ones are Kudzu (Love bows, just really appealing to me visually.) and Frostfang.

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

I dont like most of the legendaries atm, if the majority of people ever get them this game will turn into a huge circus with annoying sounds all over the place(some legendary gun and bow make annoying as hell sounds)

I like the idea of making legendaries change your effects and such, to make you truly unique, but as it is now the legendaries make your character look more kitten than anything.

The one weapon i think has the best effect is the juggernaut. That effect actually looks good and is not over the top nor will it annoy everyone close to you :P

When they add more legendaries in the future i would want to see a bit more toned down effects

(edited by Gathslan.1870)

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

quip esp on an asura =P

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Caledore.6271

Caledore.6271

I dislike most of them – too over the top or goofy for my taste. My favorite is probably the Flameseeker Prophicies – it’s ornate and has a neat effect without being too crazy.

The Juggernaut, Frostfang, Rodgort, and Kraitkin I like as well. Sadly the only Elementalist Legendary I really like at all is Kraitkin, and even if I had the time and gold to get a Legendary, I wouldn’t want to use it on an underwater weapon.

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Juggernaut because I have it =)

Though, killing people with rainbow unicorns is epic

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Love the dreamer for its unicorn effect XD
It’s kind of disappointing that some legendaries give close to the same effect as low level exotic equivalent. Example: Rodgort. Except for the footprints you can get the rest with an exotic.
There seem to be a huge variety of greatswords (Sunrise, Twilight, Eternity), but there’s less of everything else. I would probably go with a bow for my ranger opposed to getting a dagger for my elementalist or a torch for my guardian, because I don’t find the fire effect as special. If there was a bigger choice maybe my decision would be completely different having in mind how I play my guardian and elementalist more than my ranger.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I dislike most of them, but my favourites would be:

-Sunrise, because I like big swords.xD
-Bolt would have been my favourite if I could wield it on my Elementalist… because I love lightning.
-Kudzu looks fairly nice.
-Kamohoali’i Kotaki is pretty cool for an underwater weapon.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: EvilParfait.7538

EvilParfait.7538

I really only like Twilight, and I think 100% of them look overdone and garish. Even Twilight. Twilight is just the least offensive of them.

I was really disappointed in them.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The Moot is easily my fav, followed closely by Flameseeker Prophecies.

I also like the Shark spear thingy, but I can’t remember its name

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Depends on char.

Flameseeker prophecies and the juggernaut would look great on my guardian, for example.

That said, I wish some classes could use some of them. The Dreamer and the Moot would look perfect for a mesmer, but they can’t use them, just like twilight would be great for a necro.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

I actually quite like The Dreamer. I don’t think I would go for it though, because alot of people seem to have them.

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

I haven’t really seen the effects of a lot of the weapons but right now my favorites are Sunrise and Twilight (I know, like everyone else, right?) just because I like their painterly effects and how the blade is more like a mirror into the sky.

My main issue with a lot of the legendaries is that they are a little overly goofy. For example, I tend to stick with the thematic elements of a profession, yet there are absolutely no legendaries that would fit the theme of the necromancer. I think they definitely need to include some more serious variations for some of the weapon types to appeal to more people. Though this isn’t to say I’m against the goofier weapons, I mean if you want to shoot rainbows and ponies at your enemies then be my guest :P

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

My favourite has to be Sunrise. Because of the whole holy/light concept of it mainly :P

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

I think Sunrise looks the best, simply because the drawn image of the blade looks great. I don’t like the handle, though.

But overall the weapons are a bit too “asian MMO” looking for my taste. I would like to see more weapons on the line with The Flameseeker Prophecies, Kudzu, and Meteorlogicus, as they have some really nice detail, without being too flashy.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Posted by: Empressium.5482

Empressium.5482

The Moot,Flameseeker, Sunrise, Meteorlogicus, Bolt and Kraitkin

Posted by: Token.5098

Token.5098

Kraitkin is my favorite, so annoying it’s an underwater weapon.

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

I love my Howler!! My ranger is a wolf-themed norn, it was too perfect. And the howling animation/sound combined with the aura and footprints is very cool.

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

(edited by Lindelle.3718)

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

I don’t like almost any of them… For the major part they looks plain stupid, out of context and joke weapons…
Although Flameseeked Prophecies, The Hunter and the Juggernaut looks good…

Little problem is (except for part when you have to be ultralucky or ultrafarmer in order to get or buy a precursor), i play the class ANet regrets to create… Engineer.
So i would either end up shotgunning with a sniper rifle (wich seems to me the stupidest thing ever), or holding a shield that scream “I’M A HOLY DEFENDER” or a joke pistol with pink crappy effects and even crappier sounds…

Posted by: brunohstein.9038

brunohstein.9038

twilight, heads up.

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

I like all the underwater ones (kraitkin and frenzy lacks effects though, but that’s true for several legendaries anyway), Frostfang, Rodgort, FSP, the Predator and the Moot. I actually somewhat like the Ministrel, a shame it currently has close to no effects.

My favorite would probably be the kraitking (typo made on purpose).

My least favorites would be the greatswords and bolt, despise being great effect wise.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

(edited by Puru.4217)