Which megaserver and sPVP?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blackie.3912

Blackie.3912

Alright, so I haven’t played in a while, and I’m wondering which megaserver and sPVP would be best for me.
I’ll mainly be running around soloing/small manning with friends on thief/mesmer looking for 1vX fights etc.. I play from about 12-5 EST 3-4 times a week, and then I play from 9pm-2am most nights.
I’m on summer break and I have nothing to do currently..
So basically, I want a large server, that’s active all the time.. All I’m going to be doing is PVP.. If you have more questions that’d be more helpful hit me up. Thanks y’all.

P.S. I only speak English, and a little German..

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I assume you mean whether EU or NA servers would be better?
Within each region there is only one set of Megaservers. If you are planning to do WvW then you don’t look at them. You look at the individual servers and how well they do as WvW is not part of the Megaservers.

Blackie.3912

I assume you mean whether EU or NA servers would be better?
Within each region there is only one set of Megaservers. If you are planning to do WvW then you don’t look at them. You look at the individual servers and how well they do as WvW is not part of the Megaservers.

Aye, I was wondering which individual server would fit me best basicallly

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Hmmm, I’m still finding your question to be vague. If you are planning to do WvW then you need to look at the server rankings and find one you like.

For sPvP, the Megaservers will bring all together so choosing one server doesn’t matter. It will be all the NA servers or all the EU servers.

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

If you’re talking about solo / small group roaming then I figure it’s WvW you’re looking at.

On the NA side I’d be looking at Fort Aspenwood or Maguuma. They’re in the spot where there’s always some activity, but it’s not 24/7 zergs full of garbage, and they’re not next in line to climb to the tier of servers that are (should one of the existing three implode).

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Terminology time!

WvW: World versus World – Wandering around a large map engaging large groups of other players, using the skills and gear gained in PvE. 3 home servers are involved. You can party up with your friends.

sPvP: Structured PvP – Arenas, essentially, with teams of two colors duking it out for capture points. You get in a match with random people from your megaserver.

Look to the other posters for which home server suits your WvW needs best.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Megaserver is a technology that allows under populated maps across multiple servers to be merged into a single instance with players from multiple servers playing together in PvE.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Blackie.3912

Ah my bad all, I guess I meant which WvW server is best.. But Maguu sounds good, how about Euro megaserver, which one’s good there?